Canada General Discussion (2019-)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:53:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 139
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 186810 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2020, 11:57:18 AM »

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "People's"?

Far right/libertarian vehicle of failed Tory leadership candidate Maxime Bernier.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2020, 12:35:43 PM »

Far right/libertarian vehicle of failed Tory leadership candidate Maxime Bernier.

Ah right, maybe not doing as well as he hoped then?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2020, 03:02:57 PM »

Correct. He lost his seat to a Tory by about 10% in October.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2020, 05:18:52 PM »

From an interview; Bernier is preparing for the next election and full time leader. Nearly half of the 2019 candidates want to run again. Bernier will run again, in a riding with the best chance of winning. It could be in Beauce, could be in Alberta. He's ready to run in the next by-election anywhere. To get his message across he will have a Youtube channel, The Max Bernier show.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1491120/maxime-bernier-parti-populaire-canada-election-complementaire-campagne-electorale-thibeault
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2020, 03:33:56 PM »

Correct. He lost his seat to a Tory by about 10% in October.
The People's Party didn't just stall out right out the gate, but they ended up actively sh**tting the bed instead.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2020, 01:42:45 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2020, 01:58:25 AM by Hyena-Pack The Sandernistas »

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2020/02/27/oil-company-caught-in-controversy-over-graphic-decal/

CALGARY (660 NEWS) – An Alberta oil and gas services company is caught up in controversy after a decal surfaced online.

A post has been circulating on social media of what appears to be a decal depicting teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg in a sex position with the logo of X-Site Energy Services on the bottom.

Due to the graphic nature of what is depicted, 660 NEWS is not publishing it online.

For the sake of clarity, I read in another article that the decal depicts Thunberg from behind  "apparently naked" (Huh) with two hands grabbing her braided hair. The implication is forced oral sex or "face-f__king". She is a 17 year old child.

EDIT - I saw another description tbat sounds more like doggy style with hair-pulling. There's no chance in hell I'm actually looking this image up, but either way it's bad.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2020, 10:44:37 AM »

Wet’suwet’en and ministers agree tentative deal in land dispute
Looks like the conflict is close to being finished.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2020, 10:59:27 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2020, 11:26:14 AM by RogueBeaver »

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2020, 01:25:10 AM »

Lockdowns are probably coming in Ontario. Toronto has closed bars and banned seating in restaurants (take out is OK) and Ontario is "urging" all of Ontario bars and restaurants to do the same (no official order, it's an unenforceable request). Border closed today except to Canadians and Americans.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »

Lockdowns are probably coming in Ontario. Toronto has closed bars and banned seating in restaurants (take out is OK) and Ontario is "urging" all of Ontario bars and restaurants to do the same (no official order, it's an unenforceable request). Border closed today except to Canadians and Americans.

Insurance companies calling the shots there too?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2020, 12:14:45 PM »

Insurance companies calling the shots there too?
Not sure

UPDATE"State Of Emergency" is Ontario declared. The bars are closed, the restaurants are take out and delivery only, public libraries closed, movie theaters and performing arts centers closed. All of this effective until the last day of March (but I expect they"ll extend it later on).

First Ontarian dead with COV-19, a 77 year old male.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »

Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2020, 12:31:35 PM »

Alberta also declared a State of Public Health Emergency yesterday. They're following similar measures as Ontario so far.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2020, 10:16:02 AM »

Trudeau looking rather presidential in these daily COVID-19 press conferences. It helps that the Canadian government is responding well to the crisis.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2020, 08:20:43 PM »

Angus Reid poll numbers show an increase in various government performance in handling the covid 19 outbreak during the last month.

64% of people say the the federal goverment is doing a good job. By province/region, it's 67% in British Columbia, 60% in Alberta, 69% in Sask/Manitoba, 71% in Ontario, 49% in Quebec, 74% In Atlantic.

Provincial government performance is better with an average of 79%. It's 71% in BC, 76% in Alberta, 78% in Sask/Manitoba, 74% in Ontario, 93% in Quebec, 78% in the Atlantic.

Ekos poll asked about approval of different leaders response to the crisis. Trudeau and Freeland are at 67% approval. At the provincial level, Horgan is at 68%, Kenney 65%, Ford 67% and Legault 95%.

Ekos shows the federal Liberals with an increase in voting intentions. Liberal 40%, Conservative 29%, NDP 12%

It has Ontario provincial voting intentions: Liberal 40, Conservative 31.5% , NDP 18%
It has Quebec provincial voting intentions: CAQ 52%, Liberal 19%, PQ 14%, QS 10%

Léger did a poll from March 20-22. Among many things it asked are you satisfied or not by the measures put in place by various authority to fight covid-19.

The federal government gets 65% total satisfied (include very and somewhat satisfied). It is 73% in BC, 67% Alberta, 71% Sask/Manitoba, 71% Ontario, 44% Quebec, 83% Atlantic.

Provincial governments get a score of 79% total satisfied. 71% BC, 74% Alberta, 73% Sask/Manitoba, 75% Ontario, 94% Quebec, 82% Atlantic.

Municipal governments have 67% total satisfied. A low of 63% in Sask/Manitoba to high of 72% in Atlantic.

Your employer get 48% in satisfied categories.  40% in Sask/Manitoba, the other regions are between 47% and 52%.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2020, 07:43:10 AM »

It has Ontario provincial voting intentions: Liberal 40, Conservative 31.5% , NDP 18%

That was Ekos. Mainstreet paints a different picture.
Ontario Liberals and PCs tied at 33%, ONDP at 23% and Green at 7%.
https://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/march-2020-ontario-poll-pc-33-liberal-33-23-green-7/
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »

Del Duca surge?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2020, 07:31:22 PM »

Can we hurry up and do proper lockdowns already?

It seems apparent to me that they're going to be necessary soon enough. So why not start earlier and save lives?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2020, 01:04:14 AM »

My job is an essential service. The public's behaviour is absolutely disgusting. 25% of people are NOT practicing s9c8al distancing or staying home AT ALL. Many Canadians will die because of these disgusting people, which are AT MINIMUM at least one million Canadians (more likely 5 million plus). We are showing the narcissism, cognitive dissonance and selfishness of our culture here. We are as disgusting and apathetic as we claim that Americans are.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2020, 08:57:33 PM »

I hear some complaints on radio about people not following rules like seeing small gatherings, or bring too close or some shops being open not really an essential service. Hard to say how big this minority is. When I get out there is much less cars on the road and at the store people ususally try to keep distance but it can be dificult.

Quebec has closed non essential businesses for nearly two weeks and the number of cases keeps climbing. I thought we could see an effect on new cases numbers with social distancing after more than a week.

Quebec number of cases represents half of identified cases in Canada. The island of Montreal has 46% of Quebec cases so 23% of all of Canada.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2020, 09:57:02 AM »

I hear some complaints on radio about people not following rules like seeing small gatherings, or bring too close or some shops being open not really an essential service. Hard to say how big this minority is. When I get out there is much less cars on the road and at the store people ususally try to keep distance but it can be dificult.

Quebec has closed non essential businesses for nearly two weeks and the number of cases keeps climbing. I thought we could see an effect on new cases numbers with social distancing after more than a week.

Quebec number of cases represents half of identified cases in Canada. The island of Montreal has 46% of Quebec cases so 23% of all of Canada.

Here it’s mostly old people acting foolish. My nana is 77 with COPD (as a result of her smoking for 60+ years) and keeping her at home is such a chore.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2020, 08:00:52 PM »

Looks like we’re celebrating Canada Day indoors this year lads Sad some cities are already cancelling their celebrations
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2020, 08:55:52 PM »

How have the parties reacted to all this?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2020, 01:49:45 AM »

How have the parties reacted to all this?
NDP (leftist party) has been (was?) pushing for Andrew Yang style UBI for weeks, but obviously they don't have the power to make it happen.

Conservative Party is attacking Trudeau for attempting to "power grab" emergency powers. Lots of complaining from conservative VOTERS that Trudeau isn't doing well enough at sending out money to those who need it, though many of us know this kind of thing (massuve government handouts) wouldn't be handled amaingly be Conservatives either.

Haven't heard one word from Green Party or Bloc Quebecois about COVID-19 (mayb e it's just me not paying attention).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 139  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies