Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:40:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 67388 times)
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: May 01, 2019, 06:45:20 PM »

The Mueller's highly damning report has BEEN out for 2 weeks now (and Mueller WILL testify).

Stil, the BIG STORY is somehow 4 pages memo (which by the way Mueller was given the opportunity to review, but has declined to do that)...
Former BIG STORIES were that the report would not be released at all, then that it would be damaged by redactions. And before that COLlUSION...

Is the report really so damning that MSM&Resistance told ya (still saying) it would be?   Mock

Well, it lays out clear evidence of obstruction of justice.  Enough evidence so that some experts in the field (former prosecutors and DoJ officials, for example) are on record saying that if Trump weren't the currently sitting president, he would have been indicted for it.  Yeah, I'd call that pretty damning.
And some experts argue Trump Jr should have been indicted))
And that Muslim Ban is illegal.
And that Trump doesn't have authority to declare Border Emergency.

You see, what I mean?

Is there a consensus that Trump should have been indicted for OOJ among constitutional law experts?

The report itself is comprehensive and detailed, but we mostly knew all the damning facts anyway. MSM & Resistance had always anticipated it'd be more. That's why they put now more focus on argh Barr's letter than the report itself. Trump BAAAD collusion went to Barr BAAAD ARGH letter.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #926 on: May 01, 2019, 06:46:20 PM »

Barr is not going anywhere. He has proven his loyalty to Trump, which is tantamount to doing your job well in today's DC.

This is the unfortunate truth. Trump didn't get this out of Sessions, and now that he has "his" Attorney General, he won't be letting him go anytime soon.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #927 on: May 05, 2019, 10:23:31 AM »

Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #928 on: May 05, 2019, 04:11:31 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/442199-trump-says-mueller-shouldnt-testify

Trump says Mueller shouldn't testify.

Considered what he said when Mueller was appointed, he's most certainly terrified of what Mueller will say.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #929 on: May 05, 2019, 04:22:50 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/442199-trump-says-mueller-shouldnt-testify

Considered what he said when Mueller was appointed, he's most certainly terrified of what Mueller will say.

Gee, if Trump thinks Mueller's report exonerates him, why wouldn't he want Mueller to testify.

If I had one question to ask Mueller: "If Donald Trump was not the sitting President, would you have indicted him for obstruction of justice?"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #930 on: May 05, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »

Gee, if Trump thinks Mueller's report exonerates him, why wouldn't he want Mueller to testify.

If I had one question to ask Mueller: "If Donald Trump was not the sitting President, would you have indicted him for obstruction of justice?"

Or better yet- had he not become president, would you have recommended any charges which the maximum penalty is more than one year in prison?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #931 on: May 05, 2019, 06:52:13 PM »

Atlas liberals (indeed, most of the anti-Trump left coalition) is disappointed that the Mueller report concluded that Trump and his campaign didn't "collude" with Russia.  They wanted it to be true.  They wanted sham indictments, even if they were baseless.

It might be impractical to indict a current President. Some of his subordinates have been indicted and convicted of crimes, including perjury and money laundering that nobody does for the fun of it but instead in an effort to conceal one's criminal deeds.

There are huge rewards for a successful insider who will do anything for his benefactor -- vanity and gain. Maybe one arranges for the sale of public assets on the cheap to sleazy entities, and after one's term in office is over one gets a well-paid job with soft stock options from the company to which one sold public assets on the cheap. Or you get lucrative book contracts or public appearances. Vanity? You get recognition in Wikipedia, which isn't so easy. It used to be possible to do a particularly offensive crime and get a Wikipedia page, but that is not enough anymore. You can thank me for participating in that change in Wikipedia policy so that contemptible losers don't get a measure of fame just by doing something horrible. Any dimwit can commit a murder, but getting a credit in a significant film, getting elected to high public office, or making a major-league  team is much harder. 

Sleazy people attract other sleazy people, and Donald Trump is a horrible person. He is not becoming a saint while in office.   

When a prosecutor indicts someone, they are saying, at the time of an indictment, or of an information filed, that they are able, at trial, to prove their allegation beyond a reasonable doubt.  The idea that a prosecutor indicts someone to see what sticks is reprehensible in jurisprudence.  It's not OK just because people see examples of this on fictional TV, and the fact that it's done in real life doesn't make it right.  That's what people wanted here, even though the facts of the report say otherwise.

Not quite. First, it is a grand jury that indicts after a prosecuting attorney has compelling reason to put someone on trial for a crime. Second, one might get indicted for a crime best described as a technicality -- and upon more investigation, something sticks. The investigation might be incomplete. Oh, the tax fraud is about drug trafficking? Then maybe the focus changes.

The  facts are not established in a court of law except to the extent that people have been convicted in courts of law (including guilty pleas as well as verdicts in criminal trials).

Donald Trump may not deserve your vote.  I'm not convinced he deserves mine for 2020, although there are lost of Democrats I can't vote for under any circumstances.  But people are so deranged over Trump that they've abandoned their own principles.  Vote the man out.  Oppose his policies.  But the idea that anyone, even a political leader you hate, should be prosecuted when the investigation doesn't even meet the standard of probable cause, is a dangerous concept that I believe many here lack the ability to appreciate.

The Mueller Report simply strengthened my suspicion of serious wrongdoing that might have given us electoral results different from what would have happened without the cheating. Electoral fraud is the tiny flame that starts the conflagration that destroys a democracy. I do not want my politicians selected from outside the United States.

There is more to 2016 than the Presidency. The Republican Party seemed to have a dozen or so vulnerable incumbent Senators, and only two of them lost. The Republican Party is under the control of people who seem  to believe that no human suffering can ever be in excess so long as such enhances, indulges, or entrenches a rapacious and ruthless elite. Is this hyperbola? I wish it were.   
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #932 on: May 06, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #933 on: May 06, 2019, 05:45:12 PM »

If Trump really did something illegal, the best chance for him to be indicted is if what he did is also illegal under the laws of New York. Then he could be indicted by AG Letitia James. The thing with that is, since it'd be a state charge, he wouldn't be able to pardon himself.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #934 on: May 06, 2019, 05:47:04 PM »

If Trump really did something illegal, the best chance for him to be indicted is if what he did is also illegal under the laws of New York. Then he could be indicted by AG Letitia James. The thing with that is, since it'd be a state charge, he wouldn't be able to pardon himself.

I'm almost confident this is gonna happen the day he's no longer President.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #935 on: May 06, 2019, 06:34:11 PM »

Again, I'll emphasize, if Trump has been "fully and completely exonerated" why is he so skittish about Mueller testifying?

EDIT: GeorgiaModerate already made this exact point. My bad.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #936 on: May 07, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/442537-list-of-former-federal-prosecutors-accusing-trump-of-obstruction

The statement from the prosecutors now has almost 700 signatures..
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #937 on: May 07, 2019, 02:26:31 PM »

I keep having this image in my mind of Trump seated behind his successor as they are giving their inauguration speech, when two special agents come down the Capitol steps and say to him "Sir, would you come with us please?"
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #938 on: May 07, 2019, 02:42:56 PM »

The ratings may break all records for congressional hearings.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #939 on: May 07, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »

I keep having this image in my mind of Trump seated behind his successor as they are giving their inauguration speech, when two special agents come down the Capitol steps and say to him "Sir, would you come with us please?"

I would cry tears of joy if that happened.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #940 on: May 07, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »

My fantasy involves Trump and all of his associates and family back at the Trump Tower boardroom after losing the election, to which FBI agents kick down the door and start arresting them all in slow motion, like that scene from 'Wolf of Wall Street.' Then cut to a mugshot montage!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #941 on: May 07, 2019, 06:36:05 PM »

My fantasy involves Trump and all of his associates and family back at the Trump Tower boardroom after losing the election, to which FBI agents kick down the door and start arresting them all in slow motion, like that scene from 'Wolf of Wall Street.' Then cut to a mugshot montage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E

It's Mueller time!

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #942 on: May 07, 2019, 06:38:14 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E

It's Mueller time!

Yeah, something like that. *Sigh* if only...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #943 on: May 08, 2019, 01:41:32 AM »

Not sure if he gets reelected due to statute of limitations. If he loses, it's most likely going to happen. So, he's literally running for his life in 2020.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #944 on: May 08, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »

Not sure if he gets reelected due to statute of limitations. If he loses, it's most likely going to happen. So, he's literally running for his life in 2020.

Yes. Which in turn means there is likely nothing he will not do to stay in office.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #945 on: May 08, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-asserts-executive-privilege-over-full-mueller-report/ar-AAB52Xv?ocid=ientp

Trump's asserted executive privilege on the full Mueller report.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #946 on: May 08, 2019, 10:24:54 AM »

This is so blatantly wrong. On what grounds is he asserting executive privilege over matters pertaining to Roger Stone's interaction with WikiLeaks, for example?

I mean, I know what the grounds are. Refuse everything, and run out the clock in court on every front possible.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #947 on: May 08, 2019, 10:30:05 AM »

FINALLY. THIS will be the moment America says "enough is enough." amirite?

smdh...
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #948 on: May 08, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »

Today is the day Donald Trump truly became President.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #949 on: May 08, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2019, 12:54:39 PM by Russian Bear »

Very suspicious! Barr hid the most damning parts! Pee tape! amirite?  Tears of joy

Suck it, Trumpers...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/pelosi-is-going-after-barr-and-rejecting-impeachment-is-that-a-smart-plan/
Let’s start with her post-Mueller report strategy. Is going after Barr instead of the president the right move?

perry (Perry Bacon Jr., senior writer): I find this all a bit too clever. Yes, Barr misled Congress by suggesting that he didn’t know if Mueller had any concerns about Barr’s four-page summary of Mueller’s report. (Mueller had in fact written a letter to Barr laying out his concerns with the summary.) Yes, Congress wants the unredacted Mueller report. But what is the point of Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and other 2020 candidates and congressional Democrats calling for Barr to resign? He is not resigning, and even if he did, Trump would pick a different attorney general to do his bidding.

It seems to me like a clear case of “we are too weak/scared/unwilling to take on the president directly, so we will take on this underling.”
perry: If the goal is half-measures, the Barr approach is a good one. Pelosi can pretend to confront Trump without actually doing so — by attacking Barr, asking for Mueller to testify and demanding the full, unredacted report.

I agree with Perry here.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies