Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:39:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 66567 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: April 18, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »

Trump is a liar, surprise surprise.

Yeah, it is nothing new. The big shocker is how much of a brazen liar Barr is. I knew he was a hack, but this is on another level of bad faith.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #651 on: April 18, 2019, 10:36:45 AM »

From the Guardian live updates:

Trump campaign was 'receptive' to some offers of help by Russians

Mueller’s investigation found that “in some instances, the [Trump] campaign was receptive” to Russian offers of help in the presidential election, according to the report.

The special counsel also found that the Trump campaign “expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts”.

From page 179 of the report, if you’re reading along:

"In sum the investigation established multiple links between Trump campaign officials and individuals tied to the Russian government.

Those links included Russian offers of assistance to the campaign. In some instances, the campaign was receptive to the offer, while in other instances the campaign officials shied away.

Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the campaign co-ordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #652 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:20 AM »

I appreciate that the report identifies the timeline of Russian interference in the election began in 2014-2015 and had moved to support Trump by early 2016. Before now, the media tended to look at the interference from mid 2016 onward. We here on Atlas probably were seeing some of this interference in late 2015 to early 2016 with foreign troll accounts aiming to support Trump in the primaries.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #653 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »

If only the investigation had a special counsel who realized that Congress as a body will never act because the president's enablers will never allow it to.

Isn't it crazy that in the last few years other branches of government or society have basically pointed similar fingers at Congress and their reply has been a shrug. The Supreme Court has done this on many issues(sometimes as a cop out), industry leaders have stated the same sentiment in terms of new forms of communications and media, and we get the same inaction.

The Congress has become a totally derelict and ineffectual body, abdicating so much of its responsibilities.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #654 on: April 18, 2019, 10:39:20 AM »

Most of Trump's cronies wouldn't break the law for him:

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #655 on: April 18, 2019, 10:40:06 AM »

Yeah, it is nothing new. The big shocker is how much of a brazen liar Barr is. I knew he was a hack, but this is on another level of bad faith.

Why, he was behind making Iran-Contra go away, which is one of America's biggest scandals.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #656 on: April 18, 2019, 10:41:10 AM »

In the first 55 pages:

1. The material is reduced from "Attorney Work Project".

2. Redactions appear largely as "Harm to ongoing matter" (most space taken), "Investigative technique", or rarely "Personal privacy".  These. to the extent that they are valid redactions, are mandated by law. Potential "harm to ongoing matter" suggests that further investigatione and prosecutions remain possible and even likely. I am willing to accept "investigative technique" for what it is, and "personal privacy" as mandated u8nder federal law against the release of classified or confidential information.

3. The Russian role is heavily delineated. If Trump is not a conspirator, then he is at the least a dupe. Russian intelligence agencies and front groups are named.

4. Julian Assange is apparently quite guilty as a foreign agent for disseminating materials, stolen or perhaps forged, through Wikileaks.

Go ahead. Read it. I shall spare my usual judgments. Yours matter more.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #657 on: April 18, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »

This is a historically damning report as far as the results go. So much for our local Trump supporters expecting confirmation of a "witch hunt" narrative. It was clear from the get-go that something was clearly off with the events in 2016.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #658 on: April 18, 2019, 10:41:52 AM »

If only the investigation had a special counsel who realized that Congress as a body will never act because the president's enablers will never allow it to.

Isn't it crazy that in the last few years other branches of government or society have basically pointed similar fingers at Congress and their reply has been a shrug. The Supreme Court has done this on many issues(sometimes as a cop out), industry leaders have stated the same sentiment in terms of new forms of communications and media, and we get the same inaction.

The Congress has become a totally derelict and ineffectual body, abdicating so much of its responsibilities.

Congress is useless, but they aren't the problem here. The problem is Barr. He inserted himself into this and made a decision on obstruction, instead of kicking it to congress.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #659 on: April 18, 2019, 10:42:47 AM »

Why, he was behind making Iran-Contra go away, which is one of America's biggest scandals.

I didn't expect him to be this sloppy and brazen.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #660 on: April 18, 2019, 10:46:59 AM »

At the minimum this should shut up ever Trumper who went after the fisa warrants because even if Trump didn’t break the law this is way too fishy of behavior to not investigate
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #661 on: April 18, 2019, 10:47:18 AM »

You guys are pathetic.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #662 on: April 18, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »

The actions going on here would get most of us fired if we did them in our job.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #663 on: April 18, 2019, 10:48:33 AM »

Well my take that Congress will Subpoena Mueller is the reality of the situation now. Glad to be right pretty early on.

I will give one last take, if the Bears’ don’t cool it with their insanity, it might lead to an aneurysm. What a sad thing for their families to experience.

No u
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #664 on: April 18, 2019, 10:49:16 AM »

The actions going on here would get most of us fired if we did them in our job.
Some of this...doesn’t ring a bell Huh
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #665 on: April 18, 2019, 10:50:49 AM »

It's telling that this is all that you have to say.
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« Reply #666 on: April 18, 2019, 10:50:56 AM »

I appreciate that the report identifies the timeline of Russian interference in the election began in 2014-2015 and had moved to support Trump by early 2016. Before now, the media tended to look at the interference from mid 2016 onward. We here on Atlas probably were seeing some of this interference in late 2015 to early 2016 with foreign troll accounts aiming to support Trump in the primaries.

Indeed. If you follow the Trumphop twitter account, you will find Trump retweeted many people asking him to run for president in 2014/15. Most of these accounts are now deleted.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #667 on: April 18, 2019, 10:52:30 AM »

Haha. Ok. Keep it up though, more Russiagate madness is directly in my sides best interest.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #668 on: April 18, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »

The Russians thought this place was important enough to send trolls to? Wow.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #669 on: April 18, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »

Haha. Ok. Keep it up though, more Russiagate madness is directly in my sides best interest.

Which is why Trump's approval rating skyrocketed after the Barr letter.  Perhaps, despite our interest in this investigation, people don't really care either way and just generally don't like Trump.  Hell, he brags about having JUST around half the country's support from single pollsters.  
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2019, 10:55:53 AM »

I can’t tell if you need medical attention for your inability to understand things or extreme chastising for being so ingenious. Either way, you need to get restrained for your own good.

The Russians thought this place was important enough to send trolls to? Wow.
I can see it, I’d be suspect that the members and readers here are very active politically in term of financial donations, connections, and time willing to give.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2019, 10:57:08 AM »

I’m sorry, I have seemed to have forgotten it’s bad to do anything other than praise coups.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2019, 10:58:18 AM »

I’m sorry, I have seemed to have forgotten it’s bad to do anything other than praise coups.

Do you guys ever get tired of whining about being a victim?
James Monroe

« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2019, 10:58:32 AM »

Barr is obstructing the full report of Robert Mueller investigation.

We know now after all the hyper-partisan rally call of the MAGA's that their is empirical evidence that some collision occurred between the Trump campaign and Russia.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2019, 10:59:47 AM »

Do you guys ever get tired of whining about being a victim?

Evidently not.  I think they enjoy the attention.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies