Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 08:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 46
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 66539 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 26, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »

2+ years of the Mueller investigation yields nothing, but the Ukranian AG finds tangible evidence against Hillary Clinton of collusion with a Ukranian citizen to influence the U.S. elections.

Ah yes, we must've all collectively imagined those multiple convictions that came out of the Mueller investigation.

Such a dodge.  Those convictions that had nothing to do with Russian collusion.  You know... the point of the special counsel.  That was the point.  That's what Democrats stated was the point.  Were you guys lying again?  I mean, if were going to prosecute people for lying to investigators, obstruction of justice, and collusion with Ukraine, the logical starting point is Hillary Clinton.  You know, that lady that's being investigated by the Ukrainian government for collusion.  

I'm not a Democrat, nor part of the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA crowd, nor do I think anyone involved in the 2016 election should be anywhere but behind bars. But your answer is exactly what you claim mine was--a dodge. "Nothing came of it" *points to things that actually came from it* "Oh that doesn't count because I say it doesn't" is just more of the mindless moving of goalposts that's been coming from the brainwashed Trump crowd.

This thread is about collusion and obstruction of justice.  The investigation was about the Trump-Russia conspiracy.  It was predicated on the Trump-Russia collusion to influence the election.  That is topic of the thread.  That is the topic of investigation.  Everything else is BS.  I'm glad they charged the people that lied and worked on the behalf of the Ukrainians.  In the end, this investigation was a total farce.  We convicted small timers with crimes, while the Clintons committed the crimes at the center of this investigation; collusion with the Russians and Ukrainians to influence the U.S. elections.  The Democrats are the biggest threat to democracy in the U.S. elections and their own primaries, but we have to go along with this delusional conspiracy that Trump colluded with Russians. 

LOL.
First off, this thread is about the Mueller report. Mueller was given wide authority and the investigation's scope included "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."
Let's not forget that six close trump campaign associates were indicted due to Mueller, and I hope they enjoy their jail time and/or other penalties.

What were those six associates indicted for?

Oh right, five were indicted for "providing incorrect information to the FBI". Their "crimes" were only meaningful if Trump really was colluding with Russia. Otherwise, you've just convicted bunch of people who either forgot about or lied about utterly innocuous information. This is the sort of thing the ACLU used to flip out about but you won't find them dead standing up for Trump associates. Regardless, I wouldn't give great odds of a conviction for anyone who hasn't (stupidly, imo) pled guilty already. My guess is that Roger Stone will be just fine now that the heat is off Trump.

The only real criminal, Manafort, was guilty of tax evasion and corruption in an entirely different country well before being hired by Trump. So this entire investigation found a single crook with a shady past in the Trump campaign. That isn't a great result, considering you could investigate literally any administration over the past 50 years and find a few crooks. Bush alone had several exposed even without a Special Prosecutor chasing him.

Even if we pretend what you're saying is true, you just happened to leave out how that "single individual" was a long-time associate of Trump's who he chose to head his campaign.

And shady past is an overly kind description of a man with established connections to Putin's inner circle and is guilty of conspiring against the United States.

Your position comes down to, "Trump is so stupid he chose a treasonous crook to run his campaign and didn't notice when that crook was selling out the US right in front of him."   That position might be credible if those supporting it also agreed Trumptey should be removed for gross incompetence, but somehow they never do.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #476 on: March 26, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »

I feel like posting this again, just because:

Why are Republicans acting like there isn't still at least a dozen other investigations and lawsuits aimed at Trump's myriad misdeeds and acts of corruption?  You guys are taking a victory lap half-way through the race!

SDNY calls Trump “Individual 1”
Flyersfan232

« Reply #477 on: March 26, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »

This is free speech.  He said "I could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and my poll numbers wouldn't go down!" It was obviously in jest and not a threat.  If he said "I will shoot someone" well that's a threat and would have to be looked into and would've I believe.

Trump jokes a lot but people seem to want to take him seriously word-for-word anyway.

Barr and Nadler/House Dems are obviously going to spin this. There's no reason to base any inference on what they say. Their words are all meaningless.

There is no reason to take any spin other than the actual report itself. That is where the fight is headed. Try to keep up.

I don't think this is going to sway very many people either way because few people care. Democrats have been making the mistake of thinking that this will somehow to lead to a deus ex machina removal of Trump. But obviously that's wrong and will continue to be wrong no matter what the report says. Shooting someone on fifth avenue, etc.
It was a joke
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #478 on: March 26, 2019, 03:25:10 PM »

Let's also point out, once again, that even Barr's summary did not say there was no evidence of collusion, conspiracy, etc. It said that Mueller did not establish conspiracy. It didn't say there was no evidence of obstruction. It specifically said the report did not exonerate the president. Not having enough to charge doesn't mean no evidence.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #479 on: March 26, 2019, 04:18:26 PM »

2+ years of the Mueller investigation yields nothing, but the Ukranian AG finds tangible evidence against Hillary Clinton of collusion with a Ukranian citizen to influence the U.S. elections.

Ah yes, we must've all collectively imagined those multiple convictions that came out of the Mueller investigation.

Such a dodge.  Those convictions that had nothing to do with Russian collusion.  You know... the point of the special counsel.  That was the point.  That's what Democrats stated was the point.  Were you guys lying again?  I mean, if were going to prosecute people for lying to investigators, obstruction of justice, and collusion with Ukraine, the logical starting point is Hillary Clinton.  You know, that lady that's being investigated by the Ukrainian government for collusion.  

I'm not a Democrat, nor part of the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA crowd, nor do I think anyone involved in the 2016 election should be anywhere but behind bars. But your answer is exactly what you claim mine was--a dodge. "Nothing came of it" *points to things that actually came from it* "Oh that doesn't count because I say it doesn't" is just more of the mindless moving of goalposts that's been coming from the brainwashed Trump crowd.

This thread is about collusion and obstruction of justice.  The investigation was about the Trump-Russia conspiracy.  It was predicated on the Trump-Russia collusion to influence the election.  That is topic of the thread.  That is the topic of investigation.  Everything else is BS.  I'm glad they charged the people that lied and worked on the behalf of the Ukrainians.  In the end, this investigation was a total farce.  We convicted small timers with crimes, while the Clintons committed the crimes at the center of this investigation; collusion with the Russians and Ukrainians to influence the U.S. elections.  The Democrats are the biggest threat to democracy in the U.S. elections and their own primaries, but we have to go along with this delusional conspiracy that Trump colluded with Russians. 

LOL.
First off, this thread is about the Mueller report. Mueller was given wide authority and the investigation's scope included "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."
Let's not forget that six close trump campaign associates were indicted due to Mueller, and I hope they enjoy their jail time and/or other penalties.

Oh right, five were indicted for "providing incorrect information to the FBI". Their "crimes" were only meaningful if Trump really was colluding with Russia. Otherwise, you've just convicted bunch of people who either forgot about or lied about utterly innocuous information. This is the sort of thing the ACLU used to flip out about but you won't find them dead standing up for Trump associates. Regardless, I wouldn't give great odds of a conviction for anyone who hasn't (stupidly, imo) pled guilty already. My guess is that Roger Stone will be just fine now that the heat is off Trump.

The only real criminal, Manafort, was guilty of tax evasion and corruption in an entirely different country well before being hired by Trump. So this entire investigation found a single crook with a shady past in the Trump campaign. That isn't a great result, considering you could investigate literally any administration over the past 50 years and find a few crooks. Bush alone had several exposed even without a Special Prosecutor chasing him.

Even if we pretend what you're saying is true, you just happened to leave out how that "single individual" was a long-time associate of Trump's who he chose to head his campaign.

And shady past is an overly kind description of a man with established connections to Putin's inner circle and is guilty of conspiring against the United States.

Your position comes down to, "Trump is so stupid he chose a treasonous crook to run his campaign and didn't notice when that crook was selling out the US right in front of him."   That position might be credible if those supporting it also agreed Trumptey should be removed for gross incompetence, but somehow they never do.

He was a mercenary. Every presidential campaign has a few mercenaries in high positions.

"Established connections" means a fat load of nothing, considering he worked in Ukraine, where every other person of importance is two degrees separated from Putin. Literally no one is asserting that Manafort was a treasonous agent of Putin, they're saying that he was a crook and that he didn't pay his taxes. Once again, you could find Manafort-tier criminals in literally any presidential campaign over the past 40 years.

Let's also point out, once again, that even Barr's summary did not say there was no evidence of collusion, conspiracy, etc. It said that Mueller did not establish conspiracy. It didn't say there was no evidence of obstruction. It specifically said the report did not exonerate the president. Not having enough to charge doesn't mean no evidence.

Are you seriously suggesting that

Quote from: Robert Mueller, Savior Of The Republic
the Special Counsel, 19 lawyers assisted by a team of approximately 40 FBI agents, intelligence analysts, forensic accountants and other professional staff, who issued more than 2,800 subpoenas, executed nearly 500 search warrants, obtained nearly 230 orders for communication records, issued almost 50 orders authorizing use of pen registers, made 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence and interviewed approximately 500 witnesses

isn't enough? If such an investigation couldn't even find enough evidence to mount a prosecution (let alone secure a conviction) then what more are you expecting? "Does not exonerate" means nothing when the standard in literally any Western country is innocent until proven guilty. If a prosecution fails to find enough evidence to push a case then that literally equates to "not guilty".
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #480 on: March 26, 2019, 06:30:46 PM »

I'm so glad that I put Hollywood on ignore.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #481 on: March 26, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 06:58:24 PM by Mitt Romney's Hair »

I always enjoy watching Fox News, but I have immensely enjoyed watching it this week. #RussiaHoax

I would be embarrassed if I were a CNN or MSNBC anchor showing up for ‘work’ in recent days. The MSM’s credibility has been shattered. Lie after lie. Disgraceful.

And the corrupt DOJ officials and prominent figures around H. Clinton, herself included, are in heaps of criminal trouble.

You indeed got the biggest scandal since Watergate. The closet the US has ever gotten to an actual coup. What a disgrace.

The left still doesn’t understand why Trump won in 2016. They don’t take personal responsibility for their failings (ever) and they are currently digging a massive hole for themselves. As I said - it’s great to watch!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #482 on: March 26, 2019, 08:03:37 PM »

LOL.

He was a mercenary. Every presidential campaign has a few mercenaries in high positions.

Going to stop you right there.

A Timeline of Paul Manafort’s Relationship with the Trump World

The depth of their relationship pre-2016 isn’t well known, but it’s clear Trump and Manafort have been operating in close circles for decades. In 1980, Manafort, Charles Black and Roger Stone (all Ronald Reagan campaign officials) opened a lobbying shop in Washington, D.C. One of their very first clients: Donald Trump, who employed the lobbying firm of Black, Manafort & Stone through the early 1990s.

The Quiet American
Manafort didn’t own the Trump account at the firm. But one of his former partners told me that he would dispense advice and pitch in, winning Trump’s trust. When Manafort took an apartment in Trump Towers in 2006, he would kibitz with his old client when they’d run into one another on the elevator. “Trump knew this guy was top drawer,” says one Republican operative.

"He was a mercenary." Sure. One who Trump had been doing business with for the last thirty-eight years and who lived in the same building.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #483 on: March 26, 2019, 08:58:23 PM »

I always enjoy watching Fox News, but I have immensely enjoyed watching it this week. #RussiaHoax

I would be embarrassed if I were a CNN or MSNBC anchor showing up for ‘work’ in recent days. The MSM’s credibility has been shattered. Lie after lie. Disgraceful.

And the corrupt DOJ officials and prominent figures around H. Clinton, herself included, are in heaps of criminal trouble.

You indeed got the biggest scandal since Watergate. The closet the US has ever gotten to an actual coup. What a disgrace.

The left still doesn’t understand why Trump won in 2016. They don’t take personal responsibility for their failings (ever) and they are currently digging a massive hole for themselves. As I said - it’s great to watch!

Always fun to hear the party that backed a pedophile for Senate, supports a President who was recorded bragging about sexually assaulting multiple women, and that fought tooth-and-nail to put an attempted rapist on the Supreme Court talk about the importance of taking responsibility for one’s failings.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #484 on: March 27, 2019, 05:52:33 AM »

Always fun to hear the party that backed a pedophile for Senate, supports a President who was recorded bragging about sexually assaulting multiple women, and that fought tooth-and-nail to put an attempted rapist on the Supreme Court talk about the importance of taking responsibility for one’s failings.

Firstly, nothing against Roy Moore has been proven (although the accusation by the girl who stated that Moore forced himself on her is the worst of the allegations and the most credible). 

Secondly, Moore was elected in a primary.  He was not the GOP's organization choice (indeed, Trump supported the incumbent, Luther Strange) and large swaths of the national GOP disavowed Moore's candidacy.  (That's one major reason he lost.)

While I don't give Trump high marks for introspection, let's note how Hillary Clinton has never taken responsibility for her own poor decisions.  It's a reason she lost.  I don't expect the Left of Schiff, Jeffries, et al to take responsibility for advancing assertions about Donald Trump that they can't prove.  (Of course, he's Trump, so lying about him is OK, isn't it?)  There IS a need for greater personal responsibility taken in our society, but please don't tell me that liberals are leading the way on this.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #485 on: March 27, 2019, 06:13:14 AM »

Firstly, nothing against Roy Moore has been proven (although the accusation by the girl who stated that Moore forced himself on her is the worst of the allegations and the most credible). 

Secondly, Moore was elected in a primary.  He was not the GOP's organization choice (indeed, Trump supported the incumbent, Luther Strange) and large swaths of the national GOP disavowed Moore's candidacy.  (That's one major reason he lost.)

While I don't give Trump high marks for introspection, let's note how Hillary Clinton has never taken responsibility for her own poor decisions.  It's a reason she lost.  I don't expect the Left of Schiff, Jeffries, et al to take responsibility for advancing assertions about Donald Trump that they can't prove.  (Of course, he's Trump, so lying about him is OK, isn't it?)  There IS a need for greater personal responsibility taken in our society, but please don't tell me that liberals are leading the way on this.

I’m not saying liberals are leading the way on that and there are many reasons Hillary lost, although I think the criticisms you’re making don’t necessarily apply to Schiff (Hakeem Jeffries?  Yes, absolutely applies to him and it’s among the reasons I’ve really soured on him lately), I’m merely pointing out that the Republican Party has been awful about accepting personal responsibility and far worse about it than the Democrats.  And say what you will, but until Virginia (where we now have a rapist as the Democratic LG), the Democrats *were* kinda leading the way on this beginning with forcing Franken and Conyers to resign.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #486 on: March 27, 2019, 06:39:49 AM »

https://qz.com/1077873/hillary-clinton-book-how-many-times-clinton-apologized-in-what-happened/

Yes, Hillary Clinton has never had any introspection or responsibility or apology for her own mistakes. Let’s please get out of here with that vicious lie.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #487 on: March 27, 2019, 06:58:00 AM »

https://qz.com/1077873/hillary-clinton-book-how-many-times-clinton-apologized-in-what-happened/

Yes, Hillary Clinton has never had any introspection or responsibility or apology for her own mistakes. Let’s please get out of here with that vicious lie.

To be fair, she really hasn’t Tongue
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #488 on: March 27, 2019, 07:38:15 AM »

Except for where it's easy to verify that she in fact has.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #489 on: March 27, 2019, 08:18:33 AM »

Except for where it's easy to verify that she in fact has.

I mean, if by that you mean she's blamed everyone from Bernie Sanders to the FBI (even Obama on at least one occasion if memory serves) then sure Tongue  Also, a lot of the quotes from that link are either listed with little-to-know context as to what she's even talking about (the one about the deplorable comment being a notable exception) or are disingenuous at best such as her claim that "I [Hillary] apologized [for the e-mails], I explained, I explained, and apologized some more." 

At best, she deliberately and repeatedly mislead the American people during the campaign in an effort to avoid taking responsibility for her reckless and highly irresponsible conduct.  She then started attacking a legitimate, credible and highly professional FBI investigation (which ultimately disappointed many in the opposing party when it didn't result in an indictment against her) as a politically-motivated witch hunt and tried to smear James Comey in the hopes that her party's partisans would trust the talking points they were spoon-fed by professional talking heads more than a major U.S. law enforcement agency.  Come to think of it, that sounds awfully familiar... 
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #490 on: March 27, 2019, 09:13:19 AM »

Dude, literally in the article whose link you quoted.
Perhaps they have not read the book. Hillary Clinton blames herself at least 35 times in What Happened. She apologizes for her mistakes, she apologizes for not apologizing, she even reports past apologies for mistakes she’d made before becoming the Democratic party candidate.

Stop with the lies.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #491 on: March 27, 2019, 09:14:12 AM »

Can you take the Hillary discussion elsewhere please?  It's irrelevant to the Mueller report.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: March 27, 2019, 09:16:30 AM »

Can you take the Hillary discussion elsewhere please?  It's irrelevant to the Mueller report.

I'll stop, though I'd argue that it's relevant in exposing certain posters' inability to honestly read what is right in front of them, which does bear on their assessment of Barr's letter purporting to summarize Mueller's report.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #493 on: March 27, 2019, 11:41:12 AM »

Except it isn't. In fact, if anything, the entire Mueller investigation was basically a cover up of the fact that Clinton had the dossier cooked up in order to justify a wiretapping of Trump's campaign. Why don't any of you ever attempt to address the tarmac meeting?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #494 on: March 27, 2019, 11:51:27 AM »

Though Trump is far from being "exonerated" and a number of people connected to his campaign were already charged, the main story unfortunately will be "Trump is cleared, no collusion", and that's what your average voter will remember come 2020.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #495 on: March 27, 2019, 03:52:14 PM »

Cough
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: March 27, 2019, 07:18:34 PM »

Cough

Americans' stupidity actually helps Democrats for once! Maybe they have more to gain from being stubborn than previously thought. It's worked for the GOP all this time after all.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2019, 06:28:39 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: March 29, 2019, 06:42:53 PM »

Cool.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »

Nearly 400 pages, eh?  Of that, how much is unredacted? 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies