Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:46:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 65680 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2019, 06:18:58 PM »

It's kind of stupid to even think this will help Trump get re-elected since the corruption angle is already baked in and there are tons of other things that people hate him over, plus more time for him to do more things to make people hate him even more. If anything this probably will push him to overplay his hand even more.
Thatkat04
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2019, 06:22:26 PM »

Kinda speaks to how low Trumpers have set that bar that Mueller not arresting Trump or his son is being treated as a win
lol you guys are so pathetic in defeat.

I just...like I dont get it. We dont know what the report says.
Which is what I’m saying. This report is likely to be damning but the Sanchez of the world are treating Mueller not arresting Trump here and now as a “win”.

Report could be damning politicaly, but it's a stretch. Because they will not release anything if the guy hasn't been indicted and he couldn't be. Which by itself is silly practice btw. But the fact that nobody else has been indicted, not Don Jr, Kushner, Manafort is pretty damning for Dems because they hyped this so hard. This can't be a win for them. Anything else that comes out of this is just going to be spinned politicaly either way.

Its not a stretch...

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »

If this is another thing like Benghazi or whatever then Maybe the report just says that Trump was “extremely reckless” and that’s it. If that’s the case, he becomes a generic Republican when nothing is going on and with a divided government, he becomes popular. Like low to mid 50s popular. If this report is simply very deferential to Congress, it’s basically up to them about what happens next.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2019, 06:31:45 PM »

I wrote a long, depressed diatribe about this in the "Indictment-o-rama" thread, so if you care what I think go read that there. The Cliffnotes version of it is that I now think that Trump firing Mueller and creating a constitutional crisis for the country would have been a better result and that I was wise to temper my expectations of the report. That still didn't help that much though. I'm feeling really down right now. This may not 100% guarantee Trump's re-election but it undeniably helps him. The guy is practically invincible.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2019, 06:33:50 PM »

Can we actually read his this f**king report before we declare if Trump was helped or hurt by this?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:20 PM »

I wrote a long, depressed diatribe about this in the "Indictment-o-rama" thread, so if you care what I think go read that there. The Cliffnotes version of it is that I now think that Trump firing Mueller and creating a constitutional crisis for the country would have been a better result and that I was wise to temper my expectations of the report. That still didn't help that much though. I'm feeling really down right now. This may not 100% guarantee Trump's re-election but it undeniably helps him. The guy is practically invincible.

Since you apparently know what's in the report already, how about sharing it with the rest of us?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:27 PM »

I am now supporting Elizabeth Warren for President after learning that Mueller has cleared Trump in his investigation.
Thatkat04
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »

Can we actually read his this f**king report before we declare if Trump was helped or hurt by this?

No, apparently.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2019, 06:42:23 PM »

Since you apparently know what's in the report already, how about sharing it with the rest of us?

The lack of any new indictments plus my already pessimistic expectations are enough to make me think that the report will vindicate Trump.
Thatkat04
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2019, 06:45:56 PM »

The lack of any new indictments plus my already pessimistic expectations are enough to make me think that the report will vindicate Trump.

There have been multiple reports on how Mueller doesnt think he can indict a sitting president.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »

Robert Mueller is one of the greatest Republicans since Lincoln. Pure class!
Thatkat04
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »

I think alot of democrats would agree with you.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2019, 06:51:56 PM »

There have been multiple reports on how Mueller doesnt think he can indict a sitting president.

I knew that already, but without any other associates being indicted it sounds as if there is no real link between Trump himself and Russian collusion, which is what it would have taken for Trump to be harmed in any way by this investigation. The political harm was always the biggest threat to Trump by this, whether that meant potential removal from office or baggage going into the 2020 election. That doesn't seem to matter now though. Trump's supporters are already celebrating at the lack of new indictments and rubbing it in the faces of the President's opponents. And even if the report has at least some damaging accusations within it, they still won't care. Sure, they were never going to, but that will probably translate to Americans who weren't particularly invested in the investigation either. Trump needs those people on his side if he wants to win re-election and the Trump base are insistent that Democrats overplayed their hand here, it will swing some Independents or soft-Trump support back to him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »

LOL, am I the only person whose opinion of Mueller hasn't changed?
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2019, 06:52:53 PM »

It'll be interesting to see what time Trump tweets about it. My hypothesis would be if its a while then its probably bad for him.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2019, 06:53:41 PM »

Everyone calm down.
Let's wait until we get more details of what is in the report.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2019, 06:54:30 PM »

Why make this a friday night news dump?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2019, 06:54:47 PM »

Everyone calm down.
Let's wait until we get more details of what is in the report.

*Profusely breathes in brown paper bag*
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »

It'll be interesting to see what time Trump tweets about it. My hypothesis would be if its a while then its probably bad for him.
We'll also get to see if Barr delivers the report to Trump early. If he's tweeting about it before tomorrow, Barr did .-.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »

Nope.  I respected him as a man of integrity before, and I still do now (whatever the report says).
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2019, 06:55:43 PM »

If I may elevate my hot takes to one level more meta, Democrats are actually killing it on the expectations game for once.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2019, 07:01:16 PM »

No, I still think he’s a wanna be Pinochet.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2019, 07:06:59 PM »

Whats with the idea that Trump is suddenly going to become uber-popular now that the Muller Report may not yield an indictment? His approval has been extremely static for most of his presidency, people are baked in at this point to hate the guy or love the guy. The idea that Trump will become popular is ridiculous.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2019, 07:11:16 PM »

Whats with the idea that Trump is suddenly going to become uber-popular now that the Muller Report may not yield an indictment? His approval has been extremely static for most of his presidency, people are baked in at this point to hate the guy or love the guy. The idea that Trump will become popular is ridiculous.

Agreed, it'll at most go up a point or two.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2019, 07:24:30 PM »

Maybe not Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton popular. I can see him going from being between considerable and mildly unpopular to being simply controversial the way Obama was between 2010 and 2015. With those kind of numbers, he probably wins in a way that is a mix of 2004 and 2012. He probably nearly wins the popular vote but probably loses Michigan and Pennsylvania but wins New Hampshire and Wisconsin. That will most likely be because of some blue-collar people “coming home” but is offset by modesty  well to do and educated coming home, too. Also, a third party spoiler might not be there. So in total, I see him basically doing slightly worse than Bush in 2004 but it will pretty much seal it when he wins Florida and Arizona  by 3 and  Iowa, Georgia and Ohio by 6. He might win Texas by 10 and only lose Colorado and Virginia by 2 or 3. It will be more like an anti1976, really. He probably gets to 55 senators and maybe like 210 in the house.

This is all assuming that the report is as benign as it currently seems and We never figure out why everybody keeps on living off of loans and there’s  virtually no inflation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies