France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever  (Read 38910 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: March 24, 2019, 11:05:25 PM »

So are my newsfeeds of the French military authorizing deadly force against the protesters true?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:17:13 PM »

The only surprising thing here is that the weapon collection isn’t larger. I have a feeling that the Pen clan are preppers.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 12:03:53 PM »

Well things are heating up with French students, Macron will go down in history as the one responsible for the death of the current republic at this rate

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 02:42:37 PM »

The Owner of Le Monde has admitted he has collaborated with the French Intelligence Agency to spy on President Mitterrand and PM Chirac’s Junior Ministry of Security
I can see why the French elite would want to keep an eye on Mitterrand, but why spy on someone apart of a ministry heralded by Jacques Chirac? Wasn’t he “their” person to lead France? Who was this junior minister?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 08:26:39 PM »

They’re teargassing peaceful protesters yet again
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 08:30:57 PM »

So what shift has resulted in these changes? Has the dominant societal forces shifted to more prudishness?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »

Bit of a yikes article from "Valeurs" Actuelles causing a big scandal today. Although in reality, its probably not that surprising given the radicalisation of much of the French mainstream media in recent years.
What was it?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 01:32:05 PM »

Can someone please tell me the difference between Macron and The Republicans at this point?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 04:08:39 PM »

Can someone please tell me the difference between Macron and The Republicans at this point?

Macron believes in lockdowns?
Oh lol, I meant the French Republicans
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 04:36:23 PM »

Méluche is standing in 2022... on the condition that he gets a "people's nomination" of 150'000 people signing in support of his candidature. Which shouldn't be too difficult, you'd imagine.

I still don't like him, but if I'm honest, between him and the Greens I'd probably go for him at this point in time.
This seems to be a growing opinion. I know that Houria Bouteldja, who's not usually a fan, has said he's the best choice.
If someone said that motherf•••ing Melenchon would outlast the two anglophone social democratic candidates 2 years ago, I would be assuming they are telling a joke.

Personally I’m still going to vote for the NPA because I have zero faith in him or LFI
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 08:56:01 PM »

I have just learned that the Anti-Cult program ended. This is the death knell of all that is good about Laïcite
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2021, 02:44:00 PM by PSOL »

Strikes and protests in French island colonies
For the past week, trade unions in French Polynesia have been negotiating with the government of President Édouard Fritch. Strike notices were filed, and then tumultuous discussions erupted over the clear set of demands. It was the government’s refusal to give in to the five main demands that triggered mobilizations. On Wednesday, November 24, four of the five trade union confederations began a strike with a common platform for their workers in both the public and private sectors, to which some specific demands were added for particular employers.

First and foremost, the strike in Polynesia is in line with the demands of the ongoing mobilizations in other French territories, particularly Guadeloupe and Martinique. Wage increases and an end to mandatory vaccinations are at the heart of the strike. The unions are demanding a 4 percent wage increase to keep up with the rising cost of living, but the government offered only 2 percent in the negotiations — less than the 2.8 percent increase in food prices last year reported by Tahiti Infos. As for vaccinations, which are slated to be compulsory on December 23, the unions say that 15,000 workers do not want to be vaccinated at the moment and they are demanding the measure be repealed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies