Kamala vs Beto: Super Tuesday Home Turf
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:56:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala vs Beto: Super Tuesday Home Turf
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kamala vs Beto: Super Tuesday Home Turf  (Read 178 times)
Barack Oganja

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »

Senator Harris plans to be competitive in Texas.

Kamala is coming after Beto — in his own backyard.

Hours before the former El Paso congressman unveiled his presidential bid, Harris announced she was heading to Texas — an unmistakable warning shot at a fellow upstart competing to capture the imagination of Democratic voters.

She’ll meet Friday outside Dallas with Tarrant County Democrats, then it’s on to Houston Saturday for a big rally at Texas Southern University in Houston. It’s the start of a sustained, delegate-focused strategy that aims to take advantage of the front-loaded primary calendar in which Texas and California will significantly shape the race on March 3.

Harris has already reached out to Congressional Black Caucus members from Texas, including Reps. Eddie Bernice Johnson, Sheila Jackson Lee, Al Green, Colin Allred and Marc Veasey, according to a Democrat familiar with the calls.

There's no doubt in my mind that Beto will also heavily contest California. He has the money and star power to do it. How do you see these two fairing in their home state, as well as in the other large delegate rich state available?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kamala-puts-beto-on-notice-with-trip-to-texas/ar-BBV2Jgi?ocid=ientp
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 01:39:08 PM »

I believe these two, Biden, and Bernie will have the only viable campaigns on this date. I think both will win with pluralities. Biden and Bernie muddy the waters though. I think Biden would do well along the Rio Grande with older Hispanics, Biden would eat into Harris’s strengths in Houston and East Texas, Bernie would keep Beto from running it up with the white liberals in Austin, Beto and Kamala slugging it out in Dallas and its suburbs.

I don’t know much about California to guess how they’ll go by region, but I’d guess Bernie does best in the North, Beto and Biden in the South, Kamala dominates the Bay Area and eeks out a plurality.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies