NBA vs College Basketball
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:32:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NBA vs College Basketball
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What league do you prefer
NBA

College Basketball

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: NBA vs College Basketball  (Read 448 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2019, 01:11:59 AM »

While March Madness is great , the NBA is better even though the gap has narrowed the past few years.

First of all in terms of watching well-played Basketball, the NBA is far far better and it is not even close.

Second close NBA games are much much more action-packed and suspenseful than College Basketball games, and because NBA teams are less likely to miss easy shots, and make errors watching a close game will put you to your edge of your seat

And in the latest Blazer-Thunder game neither team was able to take a lead of more than 7 until Overtime(After Nurk got ejected) and both teams througout that game made excellent offensive play after play and excellent defensive play after play as well.

And when NBA playoff series goes to 7 games I would say those series are better than the March Madness: Take the 2013 and 2016 NBA Finals, and last year WCF as you get to
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:52:54 AM »

Both have their good points but for me, college basketball will always be the best.  The play quality in the NBA is certainly on a higher level, but to me that's part of the charm in college BB.  Even though there's a much greater variation in quality between the best and worst teams, sometimes the little guys still win.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:27 AM »

I won't argue that the quality of play isn't better in the NBA. However, I just can't stand the current state of the league. It feels like nothing matters except the NBA Finals, and those haven't been close the past few years. The last time I have enjoyed watching the NBA was the 2016 Finals. Hopefully this summer brings more parity to the league.

Meanwhile, the college game absolutely captivates me. Every moment matters. March Madness is fantastic, and rarely fails to provide competitive play. Really looking forward to these next few weeks. Can't say the same for the NBA playoffs. Wake me up for the Draft Lottery.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »

NBA, easily. The players and the quality of the game are much better. The fandom and history of professional basketball is also much more interesting. Furthermore, I believe that college sports should be abolished and replaced with European-style club teams.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 11:43:14 AM »

It feels like nothing matters except the NBA Finals, and those haven't been close the past few years.

Truer words have not been uttered. Thank you for expressing the collective thoughts of all.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 12:08:28 PM »

I won't argue that the quality of play isn't better in the NBA. However, I just can't stand the current state of the league. It feels like nothing matters except the NBA Finals, and those haven't been close the past few years. The last time I have enjoyed watching the NBA was the 2016 Finals. Hopefully this summer brings more parity to the league.

Meanwhile, the college game absolutely captivates me. Every moment matters. March Madness is fantastic, and rarely fails to provide competitive play. Really looking forward to these next few weeks. Can't say the same for the NBA playoffs. Wake me up for the Draft Lottery.

Not really as many times the WCF are the real finals and last year that series went to 7 games and it was an amazing 7 game series as well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 01:06:56 AM »

Curry is the best
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 11:24:01 PM »

This Blazers-Nets game is way more exciting than any college game so far this tournament
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 12:33:01 AM »

Just damn the refs tonight damn them

They allowed the nets to hit Nurk all game long and if they called the fouls the game would have been over in regulation

Just damn them
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 01:38:59 PM »

What do you think about this year's NBA playoffs
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »

NBA, just like in College Football, College sports is not becoming less popular, but the talent is being diluted.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 05:53:50 PM »

When I watch a college game, time after time I see so many plays in which if it were the NBA the player would score it easily or draw a foul. Over and over in transition, I see players lol immediately stop as soon as they get defended and then pass the ball , then they take another 15-20 seconds of the shotclock before they shoot the ball. Meanwhile, in the NBA in transition, it doesn't matter if he's being defended as the player will score or draw the foul as its very hard for the defender to draw a charge and likely instead he will be called for a blocking foul. The skill gap is so obvious that it makes the NBA clearly better.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies