I'm voting Conservative...but don't for ONE second think I like Bush!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:15:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I'm voting Conservative...but don't for ONE second think I like Bush!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm voting Conservative...but don't for ONE second think I like Bush!  (Read 3940 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2004, 07:16:39 AM »

Al, love the quote. Though that may be the case Republicans had far greater support for the civil rights act then Democrats did. As I've said before, racism knows no party but the Democrats are where the most vile form of racism resided in the late 19th/20th Century.

I agree, the Democrats were extremely racist in that period. Also, back then the Republicans were one of the most progressive political parties going (Fremont, Lincoln, B Harrison, et al).
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2004, 07:22:32 AM »

I will be voting Green in the European elections or failing that Liberal democrat. I regard myself as a labourite however I'm switching my vote as a protest over Iraq.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2004, 09:52:10 AM »

Al, love the quote. Though that may be the case Republicans had far greater support for the civil rights act then Democrats did. As I've said before, racism knows no party but the Democrats are where the most vile form of racism resided in the late 19th/20th Century.

I agree, the Democrats were extremely racist in that period. Also, back then the Republicans were one of the most progressive political parties going (Fremont, Lincoln, B Harrison, et al).

Yes, when I was in highschool I was very much into the Civil war, et al. My teacher said (she was a big time Republican), "Now if Jeff had lived during the civil war he would have been a democrat since the parties have flipflopped over the years."
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies