Timeline Ideas Mega Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:22:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Timeline Ideas Mega Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Timeline Ideas Mega Thread  (Read 29043 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 10, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »
« edited: April 11, 2019, 09:44:25 PM by Daddy Haslam for Sen, 2020 »

Some ideas

1. Ric Flair runs for NC Governor in 2000 (He actually considered it, OTL)

2. Evan Bayh runs for the D Nomination in 2004 and wins, defeating Dubya in the General

3. Richard Lugar runs third Party in 2012 IN Senate Election

4. Condolezza Rice runs for and wins the R Nomination in 2008 and barely defeats Obama in the general

5. Allen doesn't say Macaca in 2006

6. Grant dies before the 1868 Election, thus leading to a Radical Republican getting into office

7. Reagan gets the R Nomination in 1976 due to the help of Senator Schweiker but Buckley and Helms forms a Hard Right Conservative Third Party and runs against them and Ford, fearful of what may happen, runs for the Libertarian Party and selects Howard Baker to be his running mate. Meanwhile, Carter barely loses the 1976 Democratic Presidential Nomination to Scoop Jackson but the Wallacites refuse to accept and Wallace reluctantly accepts to run as an alternative to Scoop. This means 1976 would be Reagan/Schweiker (R) v Jackson/Bentson (D) v Buckley/Helms (C) v Ford/Baker (L) v Wallace/McKeithen (I).
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKU3JnjiVbsVWMz5LPchKsZvm3AyVt5I2fwyZhtLJHeV98yA/viewform made this because I have too many ideas for a writer's block TL while I plan for Update 1 of Keelah Se'lai America (I'll close the forum in three days)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 01:19:20 PM »

New Poll for the for the final decision : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd4F1wLV-mrJCv4EJy7lHK1J7bKHLDo-jWchbs2Nht1pnk8IA/viewform?usp=sf_link

(And one for fun: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc52IlCirBVMbvKXdqaCoe5R_9UyPFTLZU3imntftyj9s0MvA/viewform?usp=sf_link )
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »

I'm currently making a 2024 Senate County Map for Atlas Server on Discord. Should I modify it for an Election Night TL once finished?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W2XLRxIyjl_Kz4MbAUfWSXbQbFR0woC9E9q2L5JmCmo/edit

might make a TL based on that as well as the one from my NBP. Would need help forming the stuff behind it and the parties as well, as the elections would be determined by individual politics and such.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:58:39 PM »

Here's an idea that I'll need some help to flesh out a little. In 1936, the Presidential Election is between the Roosevelt/Garner Democratic Ticket, T. Roosevelt Jr./Day Republican Ticket, Borah/Rose Long Share Our Wealth Ticket, and the George/Caraway Southern Dem Ticket. Due to various factors, while Roosevelt does win the popular vote, he doesn't win it outright and the electoral college is sent to the House. While the Democrats still choose Roosevelt and Garner both men are visibly shaken from the ordeal and FDR is convinced to not run in 1940, though this is only the start of America's troubles when it comes to electoral politics.

My problem is how to get it set up. How would you set this up yourself, what would you recommend as the tickets if you think they should be changed, etc, etc? Any help is appreciated and since this is an idea that literally just came to me rn, feel free to rip it to shreds if you want.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 08:04:02 PM »

So I have two TL ideas, with one of them being dystopian, somewhat, so here they are :

1) Death of the Democrats - The End of the Republican/Democrat dicotimy following the 1928 election : A. Victor Donahey and Duncan U. Fletcher are nominated by the Democrats and they barely beat the (unchanged from OTL) Republican Ticket while losing the popular by a significant margin. It all looks good and it seems like President Donahey will be able to get his work done despite Republican opposition...and then the Depression hits. After the Republicans hold the White House and have super majorities in the Senate, House, and State Legislatures, the Democratic Party slowly fades away as another party left to the dustbin of history as a new party attempts to emerge to challenge the practical one party rule of the Republicans.

2) The Rise of the American Proto-Fascism, How Democracy forever ends : He hated them, Businessmen, immigrants, you name it. They had no right in America, not when they were abusing actual Americans. And the american people were none the wiser, voting for the same thing under different colors. That couldn't continue, and he would make sure of it. He had a great ability to speak, and he was going to use it to full advantage to win this Seat in the State Senate. And from there, his career would truly begin. (Begins in 1872 following 28 year old reluctant Democrat Joshua Green of New York as he runs for State Senate, Mayor, Governor, and later President, all while building his own political movement/party that'll eventually become the thing that ends representative democracy in the united states for good). <--- that's the dystopian one
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 06:43:18 PM »

What about a Ron Paul revolution  TL , as it doesn’t seem like we have many libertarian TL

Can you do that as I'm planning out my RTL and Byrnes as 1944 VP TLs as well as one where the Democrats win in 1928 only to be annihilated with the Depression.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 08:26:22 AM »

1.  George Wallace wins the Democratic primary and goes on to beat Ford in '76
2.  FDR doesn't run for reelection in 1940, and is succeeded by an isolationist Republican (Bricker?  Taft?)  How does WWII progress?  Cordell Hull is president from 1945-53. 
3.  Phil Bredesen (or another Southern conservadem) wins in 2008

For #2, it depends. Does the US still embargo Japanese oil, because being isolationist doesn't mean you ignore stuff like that. If yes, then Pearl Harbor still happens and the US goes to war. If no, big nightmare scenario for America as practically all of Europe and East Asia falls to the Soviets and Communism, which could see a very, very gun-slinging America during the cold war.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 06:26:16 PM »

I might write a TL influenced by my recent post on the Random Maps thread, with several changes in regards to who is president and when they're President sometime after my Robert Todd Lincoln and Lodge TLs, which are both still being worked on, I'm just focusing more on the games I'm hosting/playing rn. I might do that TL or a TL that describes the life of an alternate Benito Mussolini who is born in the United States instead of in Italy.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2020, 09:48:31 AM »

I have 2-3 ideas :

1. Ike resigns in 1955, leading to Nixon becoming President and winning 1956 and 1960 and being succeeded by a two term barry goldwater, who's succeeded by a single term Henry Lodge.

2. JFK Jr. runs and defeats Al'Amato in 1992 and becomes the most liberal senator in the Senate. 2004, which has an economy in deep recession and Iraq getting worse by the day, sees JFK Jr easily defeats Bush.

3. Colin Powell challenges Clinton in 1996 and wins, there is no 22nd Amendment.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 08:18:11 PM »

Bush's DUI thing hits him a few weeks before the Ames Straw Poll in 1999 and thus, Liddy Dole wins it, becoming the front-runner to the Presidential Nomination, becoming the Republican Nominee and defeating Al Gore, serving as America's first Woman President from 2001-2009. I'm actually down to be writing this in much the same style as Iowa is Rubio Country, so if anyone is interested in assissting me, please message me here or on Discord. It'll be a shared TL that will be for when I have writer's block and this time, I hope to see it to 2008 and maybe later.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 05:41:53 PM »

Joseph B. Foraker doesn't lose the 1889 Gov race and wins the 1890 OH Senate Race, remaining as the State's favorite son for 1896 and he is the Nominee and he and Henry Clay Evans are President instead of McKinley, T. Roosevelt, and Taft. Meanwhile, Conrad Adenauer is born in the USA.

I was actually thinking about doing this as a collaboration with someone, so if you're interested, just send me a pm here or on Discord
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2022, 08:47:15 AM »

If I was to do an interactive Timeline starting in 1788 with George Washington not running and set on President Infinity with players being the people who do important things, would anyone be interested in participating?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2022, 12:05:27 PM »

Thinking of doing a TL based on WW3 starting in February with a joint Russian invasion of Ukraine and Chinese invasion of Taiwan. The Timeline would focus a lot on the military actions throughout the war and political ramifications of it across the globe and will be displayed mainly through News Articles, Points of Views, or Passages from Historical Textbooks/Wikipedia Articles on the Battles/Campaigns of the War.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2023, 05:59:57 PM »

I have a TL Idea where the GP do better in the House thanks to CA and NY but do worse in the Senate, losing NC and WI with PA in 2022. In 2024, Trump wins the Presidency while the Republicans hold the House 218-217 and the Senate returns to 50-50 due to OH, MT, and WV flipping R. The 2024 Election ends in Trump getting 269 to Biden's 269 but Trump wins Wisconsin by .6%, with only a couple votes being out of the immediate recount range. Reports indicate that Biden actually won Wisconsin and since he won the NPV by five here, he goes ahead with it. By the time of Jan 6th, 2025, neither candidate has backed down and no one can decide on a President or Vice President. On January 9th, the third day of the 2025 Constitutional Crisis, both Trump and his VP pick, IA Gov Kim Reynolds, are assassinated by Anti-Trump radicals. With the GOP ticket being non-existent, a few Republican Representatives and Senators switch over to re-elect Biden and Harris on January 11th.

Of course, this does not go over well with the Right and on January 20th, mass protests against Biden's second inauguration occurs and in these protests, dozens are killed and hundreds are arrested. The 2025 Political Crisis in the United States reaches a fever pitch when, in September, an armed engagement between Proud Boys members and members of ANTIFA in Nashville. The President sides with ANTIFA while Flynn, Eric Greitens, and others like them call for a mass arming and attack on ANTIFA to destroy them. Throughout September, October, and November, ProudBoys swells to the millions as soldiers, citizens, and the like join them in response to the engagement in ANTIFA. On December 11th, they attack Fort Polk in Louisiana due to it holding several ANTIFA members, being the first proper engagement between ProudBoys, which was renamed into the Free America Society (F. A. S.), and the U S. Army with F. A. S. being successful due to defectors. This marks the start of the Proper American Revolution (the original is renamed the American War of Independence by later Historians) which leads into the Proper American Civil War (the original is renamed the Great Southern Rebellion by later historians).

thoughts?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 11:34:56 AM »

Anyone consider doing an Axis/N*zi victory scenario that sees an alternate 20th and 21st centuries based on Soviet Survival by paxamericana?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2023, 01:57:04 PM »

Anyone consider doing an Axis/N*zi victory scenario that sees an alternate 20th and 21st centuries based on Soviet Survival by paxamericana?

I certainly would. Soviet Survival is awesome, imo.

The main idea is to get Byrd as FDR's Vice President in some manner (maybe have Garner die weeks before the Convention and so FDR needs the amount of Delegates that Byrd has to be nominated). Zangara then kills FDR and Byrd becomes President with his own ideas for the Democrats, causing a Democratic civil war. The Republicans in 1936 unite behind Wisconsin Senator Robert Marion "Young Bob" La Follette, a progressive Republican in the mold of his father who is also an isolationist and picks Illinois Congressman Everett Dirksen for VP. Follette/Dirksen, working as a united ProgCon Ticket, defeats the divided Democrats, split between the Longists, the Establishment, and the Dixiecrats. Also, in 1934, due to Byrd's actions, the Democrats loses their majorities in both chambers by large margins and no support system is ever set up for the British or Soviets in WW2, which leads to an Amero-Nazi Cold War up to Hitler's Death. Does the ideas sound very interesting?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2023, 05:59:37 PM »

I certainly would. Soviet Survival is awesome, imo.

The main idea is to get Byrd as FDR's Vice President in some manner (maybe have Garner die weeks before the Convention and so FDR needs the amount of Delegates that Byrd has to be nominated). Zangara then kills FDR and Byrd becomes President with his own ideas for the Democrats, causing a Democratic civil war. The Republicans in 1936 unite behind Wisconsin Senator Robert Marion "Young Bob" La Follette, a progressive Republican in the mold of his father who is also an isolationist and picks Illinois Congressman Everett Dirksen for VP. Follette/Dirksen, working as a united ProgCon Ticket, defeats the divided Democrats, split between the Longists, the Establishment, and the Dixiecrats. Also, in 1934, due to Byrd's actions, the Democrats loses their majorities in both chambers by large margins and no support system is ever set up for the British or Soviets in WW2, which leads to an Amero-Nazi Cold War up to Hitler's Death. Does the ideas sound very interesting?

It does, yeah.

I would think though that some mild support (much less than OTL) would probably still pass.

It more or less depends on who is the Speaker of the House (And the Conservative Republicans would likely put up someone like Hamilton Fish III due to name recognition, being from a safe district, being from an important state, and being a leading figure in the GOP up to the War IOTL).
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2023, 05:49:35 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=555798.0 writing the American-Nazi Cold War I talked about some time ago here
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2023, 12:29:36 PM »

Would anyone be interested in doing a President Morgenthau Timeline, different from Losing the Peace by Kovalenko on AH.Com?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2023, 07:08:41 PM »

Had an idea where Bob La Follette Sr. wins re-election in the House in 1890 (he only lost it iotl by 3 %/1,002 votes and Prohibition got 4.7 %/1,567 votes in the district, so just give him like half of pro-hibition's vote 784 and a little over 300 of the Democrat's vote and he'd barely win), while his guy, Congressman Nils P. Haugen, wins the Wisconsin Governorship in 1890, which he held until 1894, when he retires to prepare to run for President in 1896. Bob then runs for the Governorship and wins the position, serving to 1898 before being elected to the Senate, where he makes more of a name for himself as a progressive firebrand. As this goes on, Teddy Roosevelt dies in the SAW and McKinley picks Long for VP in 1900, and Long implements moderate reforms, basically seeming like he's doing something but he really isn't. WJB dies in an assassination in 1903 before he can run for President and so the Democratic Party is split between the Conservative Parker and the Progressive Hearst, with there being a party split as Hearst runs third party due to his own ego and so does La Follette after failing to unseat Long as President under the Progressive/Badger Party while Hearst runs under the People's/Reform Party (no idea for running mates, any suggestions?) La Follette wins outright as President and both his party and Hearst's party are able to win enough House and Senate Seats that a constitutional amendment is passed abolishing the Electoral College and replacing it with a NPV run-off system. After two terms, Follette declares he won't run for a third term and Hughes wins the 1912 Presidential Election, with the USA getting involved in WW1 still, though for different reasons in 1917. Later on, Huey Long becomes President and becomes the Juan Peron of the United States. Anyone interested in helping me?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies