Timeline Ideas Mega Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:51:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Timeline Ideas Mega Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Timeline Ideas Mega Thread  (Read 28942 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 07:10:14 PM »

I've been working on and off on a "Trump reelected in 2020" TL. Probably going to post the first installment today or tomorrow.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 08:15:22 PM »

A TL on the Democrats keeping the House in 2010 would be cool.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2019, 03:13:37 AM »

President Romney in 2008, with him beating John Kerry who was elected in 2004
Bush Junior becomes MLB commissioner, some timeline with some other Republican winning in 2000 (Forbes?)
Trump running for democratic nomination in 2004, he was a registered democrat at the time

- The field is probably much different as you likely have Tommy Thompson, Pete Wilson , John Ashcroft, Christine Todd Whitman all deciding to run but I still think McCain would be the nominee and win

- This was before the Apprentice aired(At least the primary) so Trump wouldnt have anywhere near the positive media coverage he got in the mid and late 2000s and even if he was the nominee(which I highly doubt) he would get crushed. 2004 was a much different world: An Interventionist Foreign policy was supported by the public, and populism was a non starter as well.

Trump's best chances as a Dem is in 2008 if Obama doesnt run: He could easily be the anti war candidate in the primary, be the anti-bush candidate in the primary, and spring up using NH. Then he wins big in the general due to the crash.

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W2XLRxIyjl_Kz4MbAUfWSXbQbFR0woC9E9q2L5JmCmo/edit

might make a TL based on that as well as the one from my NBP. Would need help forming the stuff behind it and the parties as well, as the elections would be determined by individual politics and such.
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »

Some ideas I had

2008 Evan Bayh wins the presidency with Obama as running mate

2000 A Gore Presidency (With Bayh as his running mate)

A Giuliani Administration

Barak Obama/Julian Castro 2016

Elizabeth Warren wins the presidency

Ann Richards for President!

Mario Cuomo vs HW Bush

1972 election where the democrats nominate Daniel Inouye and Lloyd Bentsen

Zharques
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2019, 02:11:39 AM »

Nixon is assassinated in 1972 by Bremer, Agnew becomes president which blows the Democratic and Republican primaries wide open.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »

Alright, I lost interest in doing a Bush elected in 1980 timeline, and thought of another idea for a timeline, so someone else can do it if they want.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 09:29:17 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2019, 09:48:30 AM by Lincoln Republican »

A succession of sudden resignations, due to health concerns, and on doctors advice, in August 2020

First Trump, then Pence, then Pelosi, then Grassley

Pompeo is sworn in as President

He announces he wants the Republican nomination

Names Capito as Vice President

Democrats have nominated Biden/Warren

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2019, 10:12:02 AM »

I'd make this TL but 1) I have too many TLs that need to be worked on and 2) I don't have that much time on my hands, if I could access the forum reliably during my study hall periods [On days I don't have any work ofc] then I could do it, but I can't.

Anarchy in the UK: PM Boris Johnson's recent gamble has failed miserably. A group of Tory MPs have left the party, and now a no-confidence vote is imminent, and it's obvious who will win that. Protests have taken over major cities.

Johnson is about to announce his next steps when a shot rings out. The assailant is killed within seconds, but they've achieved what they set out to do.

What happens next is up to you.
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »

Could we do a collaborative TL like between OSR and Parrotguy where they design a timeline together with elections decided by a vote by the readers of the forum

We could have the start date be Jan 2019 and start the timeline after Election Day this year in real time and have them update in real time (so like they update for what happens each week as if a week had passed in the timeline so there can be corrections for real events

OSR would manage the GOP side and Parrotguy would manage the Democrats

It would be fun
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2019, 08:33:16 PM »

Has anyone done a President Mario Cuomo TL? I always thought that would be an obviously interesting one (how the 90s would be different politically, etc) but I've never seen one on here
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »

Has anyone done a President Mario Cuomo TL? I always thought that would be an obviously interesting one (how the 90s would be different politically, etc) but I've never seen one on here

We had one a while back, but it died shortly after it began.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2019, 08:23:12 PM »

We had one a while back, but it died shortly after it began.

That's a shame...imagining politics without the Clinton white house would be so interesting
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 07:48:27 PM »

A Smoking Crater:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4581_Asclepius

4581 Asclepius. A 300 meter wide (for reference, the Chelyabinsk meteor was 20 m wide) near-earth asteroid discovered in late March of 1989. It was found out that the object had passed through where the Earth had been 6 hours before.

Several hundred years back, some object's gravity accelerates the asteroid just a little more than it did in our timeline. It's on a collision course with Earth, and no one knows of the impending doom.

22nd of March, 1989. President Bush and his cabinet are in a meeting when the entire vicinity begins to shake violently. Before they have any idea what's happening, Washington D.C. has become a smoking crater. The nation is thrown into chaos as no one survives to succeed the President. Where will this reeling nation go? That'll be up to whoever wants to pick this up.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 04:05:57 PM »

LBJ runs in 1968. LBJ vs. Nixon.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 04:43:23 PM »

We already have that in The Liberal Republic.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2020, 01:27:34 AM »

A better George W. Bush presidency - perhaps he starts off on a better footing without the controversy of the 2000 election, and either a very different Iraq War or somehow avoid it altogether.

1976 without Watergate

I also think the 1950s are rife with un- or under-explored potential - I know it's getting to be pretty far in the past, but the Cold War was still in its infancy and with a few PODs there is a lot of potential for crazy things to happen. What if somehow China doesn't fall under Truman's watch? Could he have managed to avoid becoming politically toxic and have a shot at running again in 52? What about if Robert Taft gets the nomination? The GE probably becomes a lot more competitive and gives Kefauver or Stevenson the opportunity to win a narrow victory. Not to mention Taft himself could still win, and it'd be interesting to see how he'd govern in office.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2020, 05:51:36 AM »

Sanders and Trump as 3rd parties after GOP nominates Kasich facing off against POTUS Hillary in 2020. Now that would be fun.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2020, 06:16:22 AM »

Sanders and Trump as 3rd parties after GOP nominates Kasich facing off against POTUS Hillary in 2020. Now that would be fun.

If you make it, I will read it
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2020, 11:04:10 PM »

I had an Alternate States idea where America is divided into city-states and states, with 25 of each for balance. The 25 city-states are the 25 largest MSAs using current population numbers, and the 25 states are the remainder of America divided into roughly equal population blocs. Is there any interest in this?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 11:54:00 PM »

I had started making this idea before it went nowhere, it was going to tell the story of a town (and its impact on politics) through wikipedia articles. I still like the way it looks so I'm leaving it here to try and inspire others to do something in a similar format:

We can now call North Dakota's 5 electoral votes for McLean, and with them he will be the next President of the United States.

Sometimes, you gotta ask yourself how it all began...

Antler, North Dakota
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Current revision (Last edited 04:23 1 November 2040)

Antler is a city[1] located in Bottineau County in the state of North Dakota. It is the largest city in the county, and fifth largest in North Dakota, with a population of 48,132 at the 2040 census.[2] Antler was founded in 1905.

Contents [hide]
1   History
1.1   White nationalists
1.2   Takeover by the Furry Fandom
1.3   Growth
2   Geography
3   Demographics
3.1   2040 census
3.2   2030 census
3.3   2020 census
3.4   2010 census
4   Attractions
5   Notable People
5   References
6   External links

click

Revision as of 04:21, 26 January 2021 (edit) (undo) (thank)
Another1 (talk | contribs)

Antler is a city[1] located in Bottineau County in the state of North Dakota. The population was 28 at the 2020 census[2].

The blue used is mediumblue.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2020, 11:19:19 PM »

Someone should make a tl where bill walker doesn't drop out and wins the election and then becomes the 2020 nominee and win
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2020, 11:57:33 AM »

Elvis seems the Democratic nomination, 1976?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2020, 02:18:18 AM »

The 1980 election was quite tight before the debates where Reagan did really well and reassured voters who were nervous about him potentially being an extremist who would lead to war (as the Carter campaign had tried to paint him). So what if Reagan did really badly at the debates and Carter pulled it out? You might need to have the hostages get rescued too to get Carter the win but you get the idea.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2020, 06:51:24 PM »

The 1980 election was quite tight before the debates where Reagan did really well and reassured voters who were nervous about him potentially being an extremist who would lead to war (as the Carter campaign had tried to paint him). So what if Reagan did really badly at the debates and Carter pulled it out? You might need to have the hostages get rescued too to get Carter the win but you get the idea.

A Carter wins 1980 TL would be cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies