Paul LePage: Most of the Democratic Party’s money comes from Jews
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:57:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Paul LePage: Most of the Democratic Party’s money comes from Jews
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Paul LePage: Most of the Democratic Party’s money comes from Jews  (Read 2182 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »

I know its not the worst controversy Omar had, and in fact most have probably never heard about her saying it in the first place. Of course, the reason I used it was to draw a comparison on rather close topics, mainly being the antisemitic connection between Jews and money.

With Omar, the controversy is rather vague, and requires interpretation. With Paul LePage, he just says it in the most blunt, no interpretation needed way.

We have a thread about Omar, this is about Paul LePage. She served as a comparison on how LePage has already gone farther than Omar, which should be obvious just by reading what he said.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 01:10:50 PM »

I know its not the worst controversy Omar had, and in fact most have probably never heard about her saying it in the first place. Of course, the reason I used it was to draw a comparison on rather close topics, mainly being the antisemitic connection between Jews and money.

With Omar, the controversy is rather vague, and requires interpretation. With Paul LePage, he just says it in the most blunt, no interpretation needed way.

We have a thread about Omar, this is about Paul LePage. She served as a comparison on how LePage has already gone farther than Omar, which should be obvious just by reading what he said.

While I don’t agree with all of this post (I don’t think the “hypnotizing the world” tweet required any interpretation), you’re right that this is a thread about LaPage’s anti-Semitism.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »

Thankfully, he is no longer Governor of Maine

This statement is just as bad as what Ilhan Omar said, and Omar and LePage should both be reprimanded
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 07:22:40 PM »

Republicans just love telling Jews what they think is best for us while simultaneously condescending to us and making bad faith arguments or Freudian slips that reveal how little they actually care about our interests, or seeing us as non-stereotypes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »

Republicans just love telling Jews what they think is best for us while simultaneously condescending to us and making bad faith arguments or Freudian slips that reveal how little they actually care about our interests, or seeing us as non-stereotypes.

Can’t argue with that
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 08:09:00 PM »

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 12:22:03 AM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »

Hey Fuzzy, do you have data showing 50+% of Democratic money comes from Jewish Americans or are you saying he's right because you just kind of know it's true that Jews are funding the Democrats?

Still wondering about this one since Fuzzy is defending this statement as true.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 04:25:26 PM »

Hey Fuzzy, do you have data showing 50+% of Democratic money comes from Jewish Americans or are you saying he's right because you just kind of know it's true that Jews are funding the Democrats?

Fuzzy Bear still hasn't posted in this thread.  (Which is actually more telling, really.)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 04:28:45 PM »

Fuzzy Bear still hasn't posted in this thread.  (Which is actually more telling, really.)

Yeah, I only see Sanchez posts.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 04:46:21 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2019, 05:00:12 PM by RI »

If you do any Googling, you'll see a few articles saying exactly this. For example: https://www.jpost.com/US-Elections/US-Jews-contribute-half-of-all-donations-to-the-Democratic-party-468774

However, the figure is not actually discussed in the article, so I'm not sure what the source is other than the quoted McGill professor. I also found an older Fox News article quoting a Johns Hopkins professor repeating the half-of-donations claim: https://www.foxnews.com/us/reliably-democratic-jewish-vote-gets-romney-eye

This FiveThirtyEight article estimates 20% of Clinton donors were Jewish (although the % of total dollars is not mentioned): https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-gops-jewish-donors-are-abandoning-trump/

The claim appears plausible, but not confirmed.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »

Oh, oops. Apologies to Fuzzy Bear for mixing him up with Sanchez! I'll resist the urge to delete my posts where I made that mistake.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »

If you do any Googling, you'll see a few articles saying exactly this. For example: https://www.jpost.com/US-Elections/US-Jews-contribute-half-of-all-donations-to-the-Democratic-party-468774

However, the figure is not actually discussed in the article, so I'm not sure what the source is other than the quoted McGill professor. I also found an older Fox News article quoting a Johns Hopkins professor repeating the half-of-donations claim: https://www.foxnews.com/us/reliably-democratic-jewish-vote-gets-romney-eye

This FiveThirtyEight article estimates 20% of Clinton donors were Jewish (although the % of total dollars is not mentioned): https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-gops-jewish-donors-are-abandoning-trump/

Oh come on.  Even IF there is any accuracy to that one professors quote, and that is obviously a huge if, based on everything that LePage has ever said on issues of race, religion, minorities, or otherwise requiring a modicum of basic sense, do you think for one instance that he actually knows or has any statistical reference for how much Jewish Americans contribute as a share of the democratic party funds?

Please. This was yet another example of LePage being a right-wing bigoted no nothing douchebag. End of story.

On another Point, any Republicans here wanting to take the moral High Ground on anti-Semitism, please Google about Trump's remarks to the National Jewish Republican coalition. I'm not sure it's called the Coalition, but Google Trump remarks National Republican Jewish group, and you can understand why much of the audience sat in a very uncomfortable silence rather than applauding during his speech.

frankly, the s*** that came out of his mouth there, albeit patronising racism about Jews being good businessman, Etc, makes Omar stuff look pretty tame. But hey, don't let me ruin the narrative. We understand the non naso types among you need regular doses of whataboutism 2 deal with the fact that you are part of a de facto white nationalist party.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2019, 10:24:30 PM »

LePage was always a classless goon and a bigot in multiple ways, so this surprises me not at all.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 10:27:25 PM »

This guy has one of the very worst cases of foot-in-mouth syndrome...
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 10:58:59 PM »

to Maine voters its #populist.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2019, 11:38:26 PM »

to Maine voters its #populist.

...not really?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2019, 10:39:09 AM »

Republicans are incapable of arguing in good faith.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »

Oh come on.  Even IF there is any accuracy to that one professors quote, and that is obviously a huge if, based on everything that LePage has ever said on issues of race, religion, minorities, or otherwise requiring a modicum of basic sense, do you think for one instance that he actually knows or has any statistical reference for how much Jewish Americans contribute as a share of the democratic party funds?

Please. This was yet another example of LePage being a right-wing bigoted no nothing douchebag. End of story.

On another Point, any Republicans here wanting to take the moral High Ground on anti-Semitism, please Google about Trump's remarks to the National Jewish Republican coalition. I'm not sure it's called the Coalition, but Google Trump remarks National Republican Jewish group, and you can understand why much of the audience sat in a very uncomfortable silence rather than applauding during his speech.

frankly, the s*** that came out of his mouth there, albeit patronising racism about Jews being good businessman, Etc, makes Omar stuff look pretty tame. But hey, don't let me ruin the narrative. We understand the non naso types among you need regular doses of whataboutism 2 deal with the fact that you are part of a de facto white nationalist party.

I don't care about LePage or much of this Israel/Palestine/Jews/Muslims/Omar/Soros/conspiracy stuff. Doesn't interest me. I was merely responding to Britain's incredulity toward Fuzzy/Sanchez regarding the idea that the claim could possibly be true even though he had clearly never looked into it himself. I seems to me a lot of people completely dismiss falsifiable claims if they don't back up their preconceived notions without even bothering to investigate. I prefer to try to figure out the truth or at least find the kernel the claim is based on.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »

Now that’s an antisemitic dog turd.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2019, 07:42:33 PM »

RI, Sanchez made the original claim that LePage was right, and I asked him to back it up. It’s hardly on me to prove his claim.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2019, 08:19:46 PM »

He must be tasting foot on a 24/7 basis.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »

Bloomberg, Steyer, and Soros definitely don't donate globs of money to Democrats and/or liberal causes. 
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »

Bloomberg, Steyer, and Soros definitely don't donate globs of money to Democrats and/or liberal causes. 

Bloomberg, Steyer, and Soros definitely make up more than half of all money raised by the Democratic Party.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »

Telling of what.  That Britain33 attempt to smear me in this thread (which, yes, I haven't posted in until now.

I have no idea what percentage of Democratic contributors are Jewish and I couldn't care less.  I only know two (2) things:

1.  Paul LePage is a piece of crap.

2.  Joe Republic and Britain33 have attacked me using innuendo here, and, like Paul LePage, haven't the integrity to admit their wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies