S.19.1-21: Protecting Children from Poison in........Circumstances Act - Statute
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:44:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.1-21: Protecting Children from Poison in........Circumstances Act - Statute
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.1-21: Protecting Children from Poison in........Circumstances Act - Statute  (Read 387 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2019, 12:04:20 AM »
« edited: March 20, 2019, 10:43:26 AM by Southern Dep. Speaker Dwarven Dragon »

Section 1 (Title and definitions)
i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Protecting Children from Poison in Specific and Arbitrarily Chosen Circumstances Act." It may be cited as "PCPSACCA."
ii. For the purposes of this legislation, "Minor" shall refer to any person fewer than eighteen years of age.

Section 2 (Protecting Children from Poison)
i. It is hereby illegal for the parent or guardian of a Minor to administer poison, including but not limited to rat poison and other forms of poison not socially permissible to ingest.

Section 3 (The planet Mars)
i. It is the Sense of the Southern Chamber of Delegates that Harry S Truman should never be allowed to rule over Mars or any other planet, and that he should not obtain Atlasian Office through a process other than that used for other Atlasians.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect immediately.

Sponsor: Wulfric

Originally suggested by Truman on the legislative suggestions thread. I have no immediate view on this, just putting it up for us to debate since we have lots of open slots rn.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 12:22:20 AM »

My thanks to Wulfric for bringing this bill to the floor. While I am no Southerner myself, I believe all of us can agree it is of vital civic important that this region act now to affirm its commitment to protecting children from poison in specific and arbitrarily-defined circumstances (and the planet Mars)!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:31:19 AM »

Whatever kind of joke this is supposed to be isn't actually funny.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 06:58:38 AM »

i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Protecting Children from Poison in Specific and Arbitrarily Chosen Circumstances Act." It may be cited as "PCPSACCA."
ii. For the purposes of this legislation, "Minor" shall refer to any person fewer than eighteen years of age.

i. It is hereby illegal for the parent or guardian of a Minor to administer poison, including but not limited to rat poison and other forms of poison not socially permissible to ingest, while they are seated in a motor vehicle.

Section 3 (Protecting Poisoners from Prison)
i. No part of this legislation shall be interpreted so as to infringe on the sacred and inalienable right of a parent or guardian to poison their child, so long as the poison is not administered while the Minor is seated in a motor vehicle.
ii. To administer poison to a Minor standing in a motor vehicle is permissible, provided a half-strength antidote is made available to the Minor upon request.

Section 4 (The planet Mars)
i. Mars is the fourth planet in the solar system in order of distance from the Sun and seventh in size and mass. It is a periodically conspicuous reddish object in the night sky. Mars is designated by the symbol ♂. Sometimes called the Red Planet, Mars has long been associated with warfare and slaughter. It is named for the Roman god of war. As long as 3,000 years ago, Babylonian astronomer-astrologers called the planet Nergal for their god of death and pestilence. The planet’s two moons, Phobos (Greek: “Fear”) and Deimos (“Terror”), were named for two of the sons of Ares and Aphrodite (the counterparts of Mars and Venus, respectively, in Greek mythology). In recent times Mars has intrigued people for more-substantial reasons than its baleful appearance. The planet is the second closest to Earth, after Venus, and it is usually easy to observe in the night sky because its orbit lies outside Earth’s. It is also the only planet whose solid surface and atmospheric phenomena can be seen in telescopes from Earth. Centuries of assiduous studies by earthbound observers, extended by spacecraft observations since the 1960s, have revealed that Mars is similar to Earth in many ways. Harry S Truman is proclaimed imperator and invested with supreme authority in all matters of the state, for the duration of his natural life and five lifetimes thereafter, irrespective of any constitution or legal provision that may now or hereafter be in place. Like Earth, Mars has clouds, winds, a roughly 24-hour day, seasonal weather patterns, polar ice caps, volcanoes, canyons, and other familiar features. There are intriguing clues that billions of years ago Mars was even more Earth-like than today, with a denser, warmer atmosphere and much more water—rivers, lakes, flood channels, and perhaps oceans. By all indications Mars is now a sterile frozen desert. However, close-up images of dark streaks on the slopes of some craters during Martian spring and summer suggest that at least small amounts of water may flow seasonally on the planet’s surface, and radar reflections from a possible lake under the south polar cap suggest that water may still exist as a liquid in protected areas below the surface. The presence of water on Mars is considered a critical issue because life as it is presently understood cannot exist without water. If microscopic life-forms ever did originate on Mars, there remains a chance, albeit a remote one, that they may yet survive in these hidden watery niches. In 1996 a team of scientists reported what they concluded to be evidence for ancient microbial life in a piece of meteorite that had come from Mars, but most scientists have disputed their interpretation.

Section 5 (Implementation)

Originally suggested by Truman on the legislative suggestions thread. I have no immediate view on this, just putting it up for us to debate since we have lots of open slots rn.

I found the easter egg!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »

Okay, let's do some cleanup and attempt to make this into something decent. Move to amend as follows, 24 hours to object:

i. It is hereby illegal for the parent or guardian of a Minor to administer poison, including but not limited to rat poison and other forms of poison not socially permissible to ingest, while they are seated in a motor vehicle.

Section 3 (Protecting Poisoners from Prison)
i. No part of this legislation shall be interpreted so as to infringe on the sacred and inalienable right of a parent or guardian to poison their child, so long as the poison is not administered while the Minor is seated in a motor vehicle.
ii. To administer poison to a Minor standing in a motor vehicle is permissible, provided a half-strength antidote is made available to the Minor upon request.

Section 4   3 (The planet Mars)
i. Mars is the fourth planet in the solar system in order of distance from the Sun and seventh in size and mass. It is a periodically conspicuous reddish object in the night sky. Mars is designated by the symbol ♂. Sometimes called the Red Planet, Mars has long been associated with warfare and slaughter. It is named for the Roman god of war. As long as 3,000 years ago, Babylonian astronomer-astrologers called the planet Nergal for their god of death and pestilence. The planet’s two moons, Phobos (Greek: “Fear”) and Deimos (“Terror”), were named for two of the sons of Ares and Aphrodite (the counterparts of Mars and Venus, respectively, in Greek mythology). In recent times Mars has intrigued people for more-substantial reasons than its baleful appearance. The planet is the second closest to Earth, after Venus, and it is usually easy to observe in the night sky because its orbit lies outside Earth’s. It is also the only planet whose solid surface and atmospheric phenomena can be seen in telescopes from Earth. Centuries of assiduous studies by earthbound observers, extended by spacecraft observations since the 1960s, have revealed that Mars is similar to Earth in many ways. Harry S Truman is proclaimed imperator and invested with supreme authority in all matters of the state, for the duration of his natural life and five lifetimes thereafter, irrespective of any constitution or legal provision that may now or hereafter be in place. Like Earth, Mars has clouds, winds, a roughly 24-hour day, seasonal weather patterns, polar ice caps, volcanoes, canyons, and other familiar features. There are intriguing clues that billions of years ago Mars was even more Earth-like than today, with a denser, warmer atmosphere and much more water—rivers, lakes, flood channels, and perhaps oceans. By all indications Mars is now a sterile frozen desert. However, close-up images of dark streaks on the slopes of some craters during Martian spring and summer suggest that at least small amounts of water may flow seasonally on the planet’s surface, and radar reflections from a possible lake under the south polar cap suggest that water may still exist as a liquid in protected areas below the surface. The presence of water on Mars is considered a critical issue because life as it is presently understood cannot exist without water. If microscopic life-forms ever did originate on Mars, there remains a chance, albeit a remote one, that they may yet survive in these hidden watery niches. In 1996 a team of scientists reported what they concluded to be evidence for ancient microbial life in a piece of meteorite that had come from Mars, but most scientists have disputed their interpretation. It is the Sense of the Southern Chamber of Delegates that Harry S Truman should never be allowed to rule over Mars or any other planet, and that he should not obtain Atlasian Office through a process other than that used for other Atlasians.

Section 5 (Implementation)

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 11:33:31 AM »

BTW the sodium fluoride added to water is classified as rat poison. I support the amendment now.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »

No objection.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 11:16:02 AM »

The amendment is adopted.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 12:26:50 PM »

Motion for a final vote.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »

No objection
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 12:34:01 PM »

A final vote has started. Please vote AYE or NAY.

Aye
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 12:40:41 PM »

Aye
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix