Petition to Recall MP Galaxie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:03:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to Recall MP Galaxie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition to Recall MP Galaxie  (Read 493 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2019, 06:50:58 PM »

Section 1. The people of the Commonwealth of Fremont may initiate the recall of any officer of this Commonwealth, except the Associate Justice of the Circuit Court, by delivering to the first minister a petition stating the reason for recall and signed by one tenth of the total population of the commonwealth. The First Minister shall then open the voting booth, according to the rules and regulations for elections set forth in this Constitution; but if the officer to be recalled is the first minister, then the Speaker of Parliament shall open the voting booth. The ballot question shall be, “Shall [A.B.] be recalled from the office of [name of the office held]?” A vote of “YES” shall be considered a vote for recall; a vote of “NO” shall be considered a vote against recall. Abstentions will not affect the results. Recalled officers shall forfeit their offices immediately.
7 signatures are required to force a recall election for MP Galaxie.

Be it resolved, that Galaxie be recalled from the Fremont Parliament for failure to post in the regional government board for the past 10 days, and for failing to vote on 6 of the past 7 bills brought before Parliament.
I would urge all Fremonters to sign this petition, so that we, the people of Fremont, may have active representation in our Parliament.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »

x AustralianSwingVoter
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 06:53:05 PM »

I thought you said 14 days of no AFG posts was your standard.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:55:40 PM »

Roughly. It's not a hard and fast rule. In this case, given her consistent inactivity over her entire term, missing most votes regardless, I feel that a recall should be conducted sooner, as Galaxie has had more than enough opportunities to lift her game and be truly active.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 07:01:51 PM »

I had planned on starting this petition on Tuesday if Galaxie didn't post anything by then, but she has through the course of the term been an inactive legislator, has missed a number of votes, and rarely participates in Parliament debates.  I think that a recall vote at this time is appropriate.

x Scott
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 07:02:12 PM »

Roughly. It's not a hard and fast rule. In this case, given her consistent inactivity over her entire term, missing most votes regardless, I feel that a recall should be conducted sooner, as Galaxie has had more than enough opportunities to lift her game and be truly active.

Fair enough but I worry about getting too recall crazy. This game is suppose to be fun and welcoming after all and her presence isn't causing Parliament to shut down. Call me too soft if you want but remember Yankee's motto as well.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 07:03:29 PM »

Fair enough but I worry about getting too recall crazy. This game is suppose to be fun and welcoming after all and her presence isn't causing Parliament to shut down. Call me too soft if you want but remember Yankee's motto as well.

Fun and welcoming, to me, means letting people have a go in office if they want to. But after they've had a good go, if they aren't living up to basic activity standards, then they should be recalled.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 07:05:12 PM »

x Pericles

Fremont would be better served with proper active representation, and Galaxie has had her chance to live up to the expectations of the constituents who elected her.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 07:06:33 PM »

x Jimmy7812
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »

xJacksonHitchcock
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 07:39:56 PM »

Fun and welcoming, to me, means letting people have a go in office if they want to. But after they've had a good go, if they aren't living up to basic activity standards, then they should be recalled.

Sure but just think twice before shaming them. Between these last 2 recall petitions, and from when you made it fairly certain that two senators would for sure be out on activity grounds early this week, I'm worried that in time, this game could be increasingly hostile, at least given in the OP you didn't express any remorse to signing the petition. Honestly, you should at least clarify what your standard is for recalls in the OP, because otherwise, these recalls come off as, while this is unlikely to affect the composition of Parliament, partisan standard setting.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »

Sure but just think twice before shaming them. Between these last 2 recall petitions, and from when you made it fairly certain that two senators would for sure be out on activity grounds early this week, I'm worried that in time, this game could be increasingly hostile, at least given in the OP you didn't express any remorse to signing the petition. Honestly, you should at least clarify what your standard is for recalls in the OP, because otherwise, these recalls come off as, while this is unlikely to affect the composition of Parliament, partisan standard setting.

My red lines for recalls are not online for a week, not posting on the forum for roughly a week, not posting on the AFE boards for 1-2 weeks, or missing more than 5 votes in a row. LOAs to an extent excluded.
To be clear, these aren't hard and fast rules. Context matters. Newbies get more leeway. People going through personal crises get more leeway. Long time officeholders get less leeway, people with a patchy previous record get less leeway, and so on.
Why I'm being pretty strict with Galaxie's recall is that she isn't a newbie. She's previously been an MP, and has been involved in the game for quite a while now. If she was a newbie, I would be far more lenient, and would almost certainly wait another week before initiating a recall. But she isn't a newbie. She's been involved in the game for a while now, and has previously served as MP on multiple occasions.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »

x Encke
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 08:36:20 PM »

While I am normally against recalls of those from my own side, in this specific case, considering the support of the Incumbent Chair of the Labor Party and the Incumbent Leftist PM, I hereby endorse this recall petition and urge the people of Fremont to support it.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 08:58:42 PM »

Xdfwlibertylover
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 09:01:57 PM »

This petition has now attained 7 signatures, representing 10% of the population of Fremont.
The petition is now adopted. A recall election shall be held this weekend to determine whether Galaxie should be recalled from her position of Member of the Parliament of Fremont.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 09:09:44 PM »

x Tea Party Hater
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 09:16:39 PM »

x Spark
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 09:24:36 PM »

The petition is certified.  A recall vote will be held next weekend along with the fascist anti-smoking referendum.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 09:26:39 PM »

x HenryWallaceVP
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 09:27:20 PM »

The petition is certified.  A recall vote will be held next weekend along with the fascist anti-smoking referendum.

Wow! Jimmy's a Facist now! Who'd have thought it. I guess he's fhtagn 2.0 then.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 02:16:43 AM »

My red lines for recalls are not online for a week, not posting on the forum for roughly a week, not posting on the AFE boards for 1-2 weeks, or missing more than 5 votes in a row. LOAs to an extent excluded.
To be clear, these aren't hard and fast rules. Context matters. Newbies get more leeway. People going through personal crises get more leeway. Long time officeholders get less leeway, people with a patchy previous record get less leeway, and so on.
Why I'm being pretty strict with Galaxie's recall is that she isn't a newbie. She's previously been an MP, and has been involved in the game for quite a while now. If she was a newbie, I would be far more lenient, and would almost certainly wait another week before initiating a recall. But she isn't a newbie. She's been involved in the game for a while now, and has previously served as MP on multiple occasions.

I disagree with the leniency for new versus established users, cause established users have a history of activity and thus more likely to become active. If anything, new users should be  treated more harshly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies