Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:56:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?  (Read 4628 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 09:12:16 PM »

God bless those poor people, living in a virtual insane asylum.
Heh, my mom used to live in San Francisco during the 1970s-1980s. She attended graduate school there and then taught at a number of (grade) schools. As you can imagine, she ultimately moved out. Surprise? I think not. Tongue

It's a shame because San Francisco really is a beautiful city.  But it's getting to the point where it's hard to really consider it part of the United States.  The hippie generation there has just taken over everything.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 09:22:39 PM »

Is that where you live?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 09:24:49 PM »

Heh, my mom used to live in San Francisco during the 1970s-1980s. She attended graduate school there and then taught at a number of (grade) schools. As you can imagine, she ultimately moved out. Surprise? I think not. Tongue

It's a shame because San Francisco really is a beautiful city.  But it's getting to the point where it's hard to really consider it part of the United States.  The hippie generation there has just taken over everything.

Are asians usually hippies? It's 30.8% asian compared to a national average of 3.6%. It's also got more people 65+, and more Hispanics.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 09:37:02 PM »

I can't believe anyone actually watches this dickhead.  I don't know what's worse -him making claims like this or his proclaiming to be an "independent" and non-biased.  True, he should not be taken seriously at all, but why even make remarks like that in the first place?  Just like that crazy bitch Ann Coulter urging someone to blow up the New York Times building.  I stopped watching cable news a while ago because of people like this.

Fox News -What a joke network. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2005, 09:41:11 PM »

I can't believe anyone actually watches this dickhead.  I don't know what's worse -him making claims like this or his proclaiming to be an "independent" and non-biased.  True, he should not be taken seriously at all, but why even make remarks like that in the first place?  Just like that crazy bitch Ann Coulter urging someone to blow up the New York Times building.  I stopped watching cable news a while ago because of people like this.

Fox News -What a joke network. 

Thanks for the fair analysis.
It'd be nice to hear the whole story behind the comment instead of some little out of context clip.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 02:18:11 AM »

I certainly would rather SF be hit than Dallas or something. They certainly would deserve it collectively, but not every person in SF is a complete loser, just as not every person in SF is queer.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 03:10:32 AM »

I certainly would rather SF be hit than Dallas or something. They certainly would deserve it collectively, but not every person in SF is a complete loser, just as not every person in SF is queer.

That's ridiciulous. I stand against terrorist attacks, whether they are Kerry's 3rd best county (San Francisco, CA), Kerry's 9th best county (New York, NY), or a more Republican county.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 06:50:17 AM »

That makes you almost as bad as the terrorists themselves.  Congrats.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2005, 07:43:45 AM »

Are asians usually hippies? It's 30.8% asian compared to a national average of 3.6%. It's also got more people 65+, and more Hispanics.

Hahaha, Asian hippies.  They're a rare breed.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2005, 08:23:54 AM »

That's ridiciulous. I stand against terrorist attacks, whether they are Kerry's 3rd best county (San Francisco, CA), Kerry's 9th best county (New York, NY), or a more Republican county.

It's nice to hear you say that, Jfern.  I have gotten the sense for a long time that the far left would not mind seeing more conservative areas of the country attacked, as long as their areas are left alone.  I think this is a deplorable attitude whether promulgated by conservatives or liberals, so it's nice to hear you say that you are against it, and not more hostile to Texas than you are to al-Qaeda.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 12:56:15 PM »

It's nice to hear you say that, Jfern.  I have gotten the sense for a long time that the far left would not mind seeing more conservative areas of the country attacked, as long as their areas are left alone.  I think this is a deplorable attitude whether promulgated by conservatives or liberals, so it's nice to hear you say that you are against it, and not more hostile to Texas than you are to al-Qaeda.

You should tell that to AuH2O. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 01:02:02 PM »

http://mediamatters.org/items/200511100008

The audio clip is linked from there.  Or, here's a more detailed transcript of his comments:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2005, 01:05:21 PM »

http://mediamatters.org/items/200511100008

The audio clip is linked from there.  Or, here's a more detailed transcript of his comments:

More then likely tongue and cheek but he makes a good point with the comment. I vote agree.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »

This part doesn't even make sense.  The old fart is just jabbering.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2005, 11:26:32 PM »

Not to burst your bubble, but there aren't any hippies left in San Francisco, they are modern liberals. You might as well talk about SDS, Patty Hearst and Ford Station Wagons if you are going to call them "hippies".

You are right about San Francisco being alienated from the United States, the same thing happened with New York before 9/11. People used to consider it "an island off the coast of America". In those days it was b/c New York was seen as too Jewish. I think we all know what mainstream Americans problem with San Fran is today. They hate the sin AND the sinner, despite what they say.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2005, 11:28:51 PM »

Not to burst your bubble, but there aren't any hippies left in San Francisco, they are modern liberals. You might as well talk about SDS, Patty Hearst and Ford Station Wagons if you are going to call them "hippies".

You are right about San Francisco being alienated from the United States, the same thing happened with New York before 9/11. People used to consider it "an island off the coast of America". In those days it was b/c New York was seen as too Jewish. I think we all know what mainstream Americans problem with San Fran is today. They hate the sin AND the sinner, despite what they say.
Sorry to burst your bubble too, but I have seen real hippies before. Wink You just have to look around for them sometimes. I saw a bunch of them at a progressive rock concert in June. They aren't as numerous anymore, but they're there, and they oftentimes like to hide in concert venues like The Fillmore! Smiley
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2005, 12:46:55 AM »

If the people of San Fransisco want to advocate anti-military policies, why should other citizens pay the price?

They obviously don't want protection. Maybe if they got it on the chin, others would be more prudent in their actions.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2005, 12:47:58 AM »

If the people of San Fransisco want to advocate anti-military policies, why should other citizens pay the price?

They obviously don't want protection. Maybe if they got it on the chin, others would be more prudent in their actions.

What about the people of Manhattan who advocate anti-military policies? They went almost as strongly for Kerry as San Francisco. Perhaps we should let them get attacked by terrorists?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2005, 12:50:49 AM »

I didn't say WE should attack. I didn't even say I WANTED them to be attacked.

I just said that, if a terrorist attack is totally unavoidable, I'd rather someplace advocating bad policy be hit, because in the long run its in everyone's best interest to have a vigorous policy of self-defense.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 12:51:55 AM »

I didn't say WE should attack. I didn't even say I WANTED them to be attacked.

I just said that, if a terrorist attack is totally unavoidable, I'd rather someplace advocating bad policy be hit, because in the long run its in everyone's best interest to have a vigorous policy of self-defense.

So Kerry's 9th and 61st best counties would be far preferable to some place more Republican?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2005, 01:18:37 AM »

Everything else held constant, yes.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2005, 11:08:55 AM »

AuH2O, you really should take a leaf out of Dazzleman's book:

Of course, I don't want an attack anywhere, and if there is to be one, I certainly wouldn't choose one place over another.  We should be a united people, but I fear that most people on the far left are perfectly willing to sell the rest of us down the river.

Of course, the last sentence is now ironically inaccurate, given your comments.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 11:52:49 AM »

O'Reilly is the worlds greatest retard that seriously believes that the people are laughing with him, and not at him. (when we all know thats not true Wink)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2005, 12:25:07 PM »

Yes (normal)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2005, 01:23:13 PM »

Have you actually read this thread, or O'Reilly's comments, or even thought about this at all?  Or are you simply joking?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies