Study finds that attractive people have more liberal views
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:30:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Study finds that attractive people have more liberal views
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Study finds that attractive people have more liberal views  (Read 1494 times)
Hydera

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:48 AM »

Holy hell you all are good at reading crap into things that fit your world view.  This "study" did not show that liberals are more attractive.  If I posted a thread title this disingenuous the OP and a fellow poster with three posts in this thread would, RIGHTFULLY, be up my ass about it.  Yet, here we are.

Your right it implies that people with more socially liberal views tend to be more attractive than people with socially conservative views but we all know how most of these vote.
SInNYC

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »

Conservative women in the media are generally more attractive than liberal women (Fox vs MSNBC etc)

Thats not necessarily because conservative women are more attractive - it could be that Fox puts way more points on a woman's looks in the hiring process. There certainly is a certain look and voice that most Fox anchorwomen tend to have, while MSNBC has more variation.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 10:49:37 AM »

Conservative women in the media are generally more attractive than liberal women (Fox vs MSNBC etc)

Thats not necessarily because conservative women are more attractive - it could be that Fox puts way more points on a woman's looks in the hiring process. There certainly is a certain look and voice that most Fox anchorwomen tend to have, while MSNBC has more variation.

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »

Hasn't been my experience, haha...

First of all, there is likely no correlation, and almost all of it has to do with lurking variables.  Secondly, if we are going to have this "low brow" of a conversation, they usually equate to different kinds of attractive.  Hot girl you meet in Denver that likes to smoke that you meet while skiing?  Yeah, liberal.  Blonde smoke show you see out to brunch with her friends in Nashville?  Not liberal, lol.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 11:26:52 AM »

TBH, I do get a raging hard on for any man who is supportive of a woman's right to choose. So it might be true.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »

The common theme I've found with most conservatives is that they preach rationality but yet wildly overreact to perceived threats.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »

People who need to be told what to do want to be told what to do. In 1969 and even 1919, that was the case with money. In 2019, that is the case with everything but money.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 12:15:05 PM »

My political leanings are explained.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 02:26:31 PM »

Who literally cares , judging people on how attractive they look is totally immature and childish.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 02:29:32 PM »

But Fox News told me that liberal women were ugly.

It’s true, liberal women like Tulsi Gabbard and Kyrsten sinema can never live up to the likes of conservative women like Kim Davis and Karen Pence

McSally is by far the coolest female senator :

McSally was the first American woman to fly in combat following the 1991 lifting of the prohibition on female combat pilots. McSally flew the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II close air support aircraft over Iraq and Kuwait during Operation Southern Watch. She was also the first female commander of a USAF fighter squadron (the 354th Fighter Squadron (354 FS), based at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base). In 2001, she sued the United States Department of Defense in McSally v. Rumsfeld, challenging the military policy that required United States and United Kingdom servicewomen stationed in Saudi Arabia to wear the body-covering abaya when traveling off base in the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_McSally

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 02:36:28 PM »

But Fox News told me that liberal women were ugly.

It’s true, liberal women like Tulsi Gabbard and Kyrsten sinema can never live up to the likes of conservative women like Kim Davis and Karen Pence

Yeah, and Tomi Lahren is hotter than Sally Kohn.  Anyone who actually thinks there is a strong correlation smells of confirmation bias.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2019, 02:38:59 PM »

Younger and higher educated people are likely to be healthier, eat more consciously, spend more time engaging in sports, have less stress etc. And skew liberal. Lots of potential spurious relationships here.

Fair explanation. I remember, though, that a German study a few years found that right-wing politicians are more attractive than left-wing ones.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2019, 02:47:39 PM »

Who literally cares , judging people on how attractive they look is totally immature and childish.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2019, 05:58:19 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2019, 07:59:19 PM »

That's entirely the reason. Fox News used to have a "no-pants policy" for their women. I guess that all changed when they hired Jeanine Pirro...she's ugly on the inside so I have no qualms about mocking her appearance on the outside too.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2019, 09:15:07 PM »

Can't confirm, I'm ugly as sin and also "far-left".

Smiley
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »

Stuff like this is peak hackery.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2019, 09:45:20 PM »

Democrats do have the most attractive member of congress.  Though in France the National Front has Marion Marechal.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2019, 11:12:33 PM »

Trump likely cares about this. He will probably get triggered and call it "fake news". It was widely reported that he strongly considered Mitt Romney as Secretary Of State, despite not seeing eye to eye with him. The reason? He "looked the part". He also reportedly did NOT initially want to hire John Bolton because he didn't like his moustache.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »

Joe!  Does this explain why you used to be so conservative?  Shocked  Cheesy
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2019, 06:32:30 AM »

no, it's bad science, a worse headline and a bunch of bottom feeders celebrating something they misunderstood.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »

no, it's bad science, a worse headline and a bunch of bottom feeders celebrating something they misunderstood.

You probably get mad at people for liking professional wrestling because "it's not real!!!!1"
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 09:55:31 AM »

You probably get mad at people for liking professional wrestling because "it's not real!!!!1"
quite the opposite in fact.  People that say wrestling is fake will get a reaction out of me.  Wrestling is usually staged, but it's not fake.  Pro wrestling, when it's done right, is one of the best forms of entertainment ever created.

(and the only people that "get me mad" are people not passing in the passing lane)
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 11:41:10 AM »

As if anyone needed confirmation of this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2019, 12:06:55 PM »

quite the opposite in fact.  People that say wrestling is fake will get a reaction out of me.  Wrestling is usually staged, but it's not fake.  Pro wrestling, when it's done right, is one of the best forms of entertainment ever created.

(and the only people that "get me mad" are people not passing in the passing lane)

My trigger point is drivers whose religion apparently forbids the use of turn signals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies