Federalist Party Discussion Thread - Discord Regulation.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:21:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party Discussion Thread - Discord Regulation.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federalist Party Discussion Thread - Discord Regulation.  (Read 800 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2019, 05:00:29 PM »

So I have done these in the past to avoid cluttering convention threads, with mixed results. My main objective here is to discuss and come up with a comprehensive set of regulations for the Federalist Party Discord.

I think the best way to address this is by discussing all aspects of the issue, in public.

As for non-Federalists, while you are fine to make points and suggestions, disruptive commentary will result in your forceful removal from the premises.

Sets pistol on the table

Now lets have a nice, respectful adult conversation.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 06:15:45 PM »

I think other than campaign strategy threads that can be hidden from non party members the bulk of the discord should be public to non Federalist Atlasians. Other than strategy i dont think we have anything to hide and it will Hopefully eliminate any temptation to unfairly schitpost about others.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 06:25:30 PM »

I think other than campaign strategy threads that can be hidden from non party members the bulk of the discord should be public to non Federalist Atlasians. Other than strategy i dont think we have anything to hide and it will Hopefully eliminate any temptation to unfairly schitpost about others.

Back in 2010 I left Nik and Jbrase on the RPP private forum for that very reason. Of course some people forgot, and started posting crap about the Populares and Jbrase leaked it so I had to remove his access. But Nik remained on the RPP private forum from 2009 unto the present day (it still exists: Latest Post: "Re: NOTHING GONNA STOP T..." ( December 02, 2015, 07:33:42 PM )), despite only spending like two months in the RPP after 2009.

Over time, the general populace has become more and more accepting of party's conducting business in private. In 2009 and 2010, this was scandalous and new, and both the RPP and JCP were criticized on these grounds.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 03:45:25 PM »

Ironic that this thread has become demonstrative of our present Discord problems, namely lack of attention to AFE boards.

I know people hate it when I say things like this, but back in the day a similar thread about IRC would be ten pages long by now.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 05:26:15 PM »

Ironic that this thread has become demonstrative of our present Discord problems, namely lack of attention to AFE boards.

I know people hate it when I say things like this, but back in the day a similar thread about IRC would be ten pages long by now.

I know this is a thread for the Federalist party to discuss, but as you say this is proof that there has to be a larger discussion about its role in the game.

We should try to be open about discussions and try to keep them here to the largest extent that we can. This is where the game is run in the end after all.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »

The big thing for me is that audit log viewing permissions need to be granted to all members of the channel so that everyone can see if and when a post is deleted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »

The big thing for me is that audit log viewing permissions need to be granted to all members of the channel so that everyone can see if and when a post is deleted.

How does this work?
Encke
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »

How does this work?

I believe this is a permission that must be granted by the owner. On Lokcord, for instance, anyone on the channel can view the audit logs (via the 'server settings' tab), whereas on Fedcord they can't.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 06:59:57 PM »

How does this work?

I believe this is a permission that must be granted by the owner. On Lokcord, for instance, anyone on the channel can view the audit logs (via the 'server settings' tab), whereas on Fedcord they can't.
This has been fixed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 07:35:59 PM »

What are the merits of banning deletions versus just having the audit logs visible?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 07:49:56 PM »

What are the merits of banning deletions versus just having the audit logs visible?

Well a visible audit log means we can check if and/or when posts are deleted and by whom.
This means we can check on mods for when they do delete posts.
Encke
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 08:22:27 PM »

Well, we could ban deletions, but afaik LT is the only person with the power to delete posts, so such a regulation would only affect him unless we also extend administrative privileges to others (e.g. party leadership).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 08:23:33 PM »

Well, we could ban deletions, but afaik LT is the only person with the power to delete posts, so such a regulation would only affect him unless we also extend administrative privileges to others (e.g. party leadership).

Well that is another topic we need to discuss. Namely administrative privileges and regulations on their use of power.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »

You should always have at least two people with full admin permissions. Only one = potential server collapse if that person deregisters and refuses to associate with any game activity and/or actually dies.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 08:21:14 PM »

You should always have at least two people with full admin permissions. Only one = potential server collapse if that person deregisters and refuses to associate with any game activity and/or actually dies.
Having more people as admins opens things up to other problems though, like that time you nuked greedoland by banning everyone.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 08:44:49 PM »

Having more people as admins opens things up to other problems though, like that time you nuked greedoland by banning everyone.

Yeah, you don't need the full staff team of 6 people that we had for Greedoland 2.5. Chair, Vice Chair, and perhaps the Secretary is sufficient. The biggest thing is that you shouldn't have to start a whole new server if the Chair just randomly leaves.
Encke
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 02:25:29 AM »

Regarding access and removal:

I feel that access to the Fedcord should be granted to all members of the party unless an objection is raised; in the case of an objection, access shall be decided by an up-down vote within the channel (to prevent, for instance, people from other parties joining the Federalist party to gain access).

Meanwhile, I think that removal should be considered only after three 'strikes' (t.b.d; possible offenses include spam and personal/profane insults to others in the channel), and finalized by an up-down vote within the channel as well, accompanied with screenshots of the offending material (or perhaps a vote of the channel admins/party leadership?).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 11:58:02 AM »

We should put discord in our bylaws.

Most certainly.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »

I say we should let anyone who wants in, in. If they act like an idiot, they receive the banhammer. It should be that simple.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 03:50:05 PM »

I say we should let anyone who wants in, in. If they act like an idiot, they receive the banhammer. It should be that simple.

What does act like an idiot mean? IT is rather subjective.
Encke
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 02:19:06 AM »

Is there going to be any further discussion on this?

Particularly, does anyone have any comments about my earlier suggestion: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=314786.msg6698851#msg6698851
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »

A thought on this.
We need to have a clear rule on who is allowed on FedCord. Currently the system is piecemeal, with some non-feds members but some feds not members.
I think there's 2 paths we can take:
1. A strict rule. All registered Federalists are allowed on FedCord. And no one else. (an exclusion for meme registrations would be needed though). Non-Feds are strictly forbidden from FedCord.
2. We allow anyone and everyone on FedCord, however we keep the strategy channels private.

Honestly I think 1 is the only option. Unless Labor is willing to open up a bit of their Discord too, that is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies