Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:57:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86947 times)
Possiblymaybe
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: March 15, 2019, 09:49:27 AM »

I have a feeling the sentiment will be different if Stacy Abrams decides to run...
I like Beto and I am glad he’s running because he brings a lot to the table but come on. Stacey Abrams won’t  have the podsave America crew producing an HBO documentary about him and a vanity Fair cover to coincide with his launch.  She wouldn’t even be seen as electable if she had been arrested twice. There’s definitely an element of white privilege to Betos candidacy. That said I am interested in seeing how he handles himself in debates. If he can distinguish himself in such a big field  he will move into my top tier.  Right now he’s in my second tier behind Warren, Kamala  and Bernie. Stacey IMO is a better legislator and has a clearer vision and recognisable signature policies so she’d be in my top tier if she decides to run.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2019, 09:55:31 AM »

OMG Abrams is NOT running for POTUS. She needs to run for Atlanta Mayor in 2025 or statewide office (seek rematch against Kemp in 2022).

On O'Rourke: he's overrated, washed-up & irrelevant.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2019, 12:47:53 PM »

Beto does seem like a moderate & a flip flopped with his stance on healthcare. During his Senate race he pledged to support the Sanders bill & now he wants to preserve the same system with a Medicare buy-in which is not going to solve the problems.

Maybe he wants to be the moderate hero with Warren & Sanders in the race. He seemed like a little boy who was so happy at the thought of being President in the announcement video.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »

Ok my question is y tf would he flip flop on healthcare after defending it while running STATEwide in texas and then chooses the opposite in a national D primary.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2019, 01:07:03 PM »

Ok my question is y tf would he flip flop on healthcare after defending it while running STATEwide in texas and then chooses the opposite in a national D primary.
Seriously! It has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. One of the primary reasons I was for him was because I thought he’d be able to maneuver a general electorate with progressive policies. Of course my vote is almost a year away so I will see what he says on the debates but it’s looking grim for me as a continued supporter. I will not be content with working with Republicans as an answer when they will always be negotiating in bad faith. It’s unacceptable.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »

Seriously! It has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. One of the primary reasons I was for him was because I thought he’d be able to maneuver a general electorate with progressive policies. Of course my vote is almost a year away so I will see what he says on the debates but it’s looking grim for me as a continued supporter. I will not be content with working with Republicans as an answer when they will always be negotiating in bad faith. It’s unacceptable.

Why does Beto absolutely have to do the same as all the other candidates are doing, as in moving further and further to the left?
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »

Why does Beto absolutely have to do the same as all the other candidates are doing, as in moving further and further to the left?

Because the overton spectrum is shifting more in line with the voters in the country?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2019, 02:01:05 PM »

I’m hopping on the train. He is my top choice as of right now. Experience is important, but not as important as picking the right guy for the job. As of right now, he seems like the guy I want setting the course for the future.

Why?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2019, 02:15:16 PM »

Beto doesn’t have to do anything but I supported him for POTUS with the belief that he would be retaining his stances from the 2018 election. I will end up bending on a lot of issues for the eventual nominee but healthcare is absolutely NOT one of them. Anyone saying they will be listening to both sides to come to a consensus is an absolute NO. Did we not just see how that played out ten years ago? My God. If I wanted Republican policies I would vote Republican. Smiley

I may just vote my conscience in the primary (Warren) and let the chips fall where they may.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »

Beto doesn’t have to do anything but I supported him for POTUS with the belief that he would be retaining his stances from the 2018 election. I will end up bending on a lot of issues for the eventual nominee but healthcare is absolutely NOT one of them. Anyone saying they will be listening to both sides to come to a consensus is an absolute NO. Did we not just see how that played out ten years ago? My God. If I wanted Republican policies I would vote Republican. Smiley

I may just vote my conscience in the primary (Warren) and let the chips fall where they may.

I hope he comes out with a plan where everyone has a chance to access a universal public healthcare plan. Medicare access for all would be an excellent plan as it doesn't abolish private insurance.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2019, 02:28:45 PM »

I have also considered doing this; electoral chances (and primary chances) aside, Warren is clearly the best candidate in terms of who I'd like to be President, and is running the most policy-based campaign (with great policy planks).
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2019, 03:19:01 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »

Ouch
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2019, 03:22:22 PM »

Yikes
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2019, 03:22:56 PM »

I’m disappointed in this roll out so far. He seems to have made a splash in Iowa, but the national media is seizing on every misstep they can to paint him as unprepared and overhyped, and he’s helping them. His rally on the 30th better wow me.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2019, 03:23:43 PM »

The other tweet is much more important:

Flip-flopping centrist with hazy policies!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2019, 03:24:51 PM »

Now -that- is comedy gold.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2019, 03:25:15 PM »

I hope he comes out with a plan where everyone has a chance to access a universal public healthcare plan. Medicare access for all would be an excellent plan as it doesn't abolish private insurance.

P U B L I C O P T I O N
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2019, 03:26:10 PM »

LMAO

everybody press f in the chat
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2019, 03:38:04 PM »

Oof.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #420 on: March 15, 2019, 03:44:35 PM »

O'Rourke will need a stronger operation and to clearly define his positions if he doesn't want to end up being a "flavor of the month" candidate.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #421 on: March 15, 2019, 03:45:25 PM »

F.

RIP RFKfan?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #422 on: March 15, 2019, 03:53:28 PM »

O'Rourke will need a stronger operation and to clearly define his positions if he doesn't want to end up being a "flavor of the month" candidate.

He's not out yet.

And it's not like his Senate campaign pulled every string to perfection. Remember, he seriously underwhelmed against a no-namer Latina in the primaries before even getting to the General.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #423 on: March 15, 2019, 04:04:26 PM »

Oof.

Not surprised given how much he screwed up his launch. He pretty much made it obvious he was running for a few weeks, held off then decided to reveal it via text to some local TV station the day before it was official.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #424 on: March 15, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2019, 04:21:27 PM by Biden/Kasich 2020 »

Yes. Cry Why this man has tacked right from his campaign in Texas is baffling. I'm sorely disappointed .
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies