Michael Cohen House Oversight Committee Testimony Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:15:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Michael Cohen House Oversight Committee Testimony Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Michael Cohen House Oversight Committee Testimony Megathread  (Read 4086 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »

Trump committed insurance fraud.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2019, 04:55:08 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2019, 05:03:25 PM »

Trump committed insurance fraud.

Credit where credit is due, props to AOC
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2019, 05:03:30 PM »

Ok, what exactly is the point of this question?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2019, 05:13:03 PM »

Fulfill a meme
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »

Roll Eyes
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2019, 05:34:22 PM »

Because Trumpsters love to wheel out the whole 'he can't possibly be racist, he once hired/shook hands with a black person' when their dear leader is accurately called a racist.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »

Because Trumpsters love to wheel out the whole 'he can't possibly be racist, he once hired/shook hands with a black person' when their dear leader is accurately called a racist.

Well, yes, but what does asking Michael Cohen about that accomplish?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »

I think my favourite bit was Cummings going all The Wire and basically telling Cohen he's gonna get shanked in prison.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2019, 05:45:01 PM »

Cumming's closing remarks were very powerful, and very sobering.  He is a man of integrity.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2019, 05:48:37 PM »

I think my favourite bit was Cummings going all The Wire and basically telling Cohen he's gonna get shanked in prison.

This must all be very confusing for congressional Republicans. Michael Cohen was a vice-president of the Trump Organization and deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee. He was also Donald Trump's lawyer for twelve years. When he started to work for Donald Trump he was a registered Democrat. So was Trump himself. Once Trump leaves office, you can almost set your clock for the moment when Trump will at least switch his party registration back to Independent and start to constantly attack the Republicans on Twitter (if he isn't banned from Twitter by then). Right now, the Republicans won't cut ties with Trump though because if they lose his base they're screwed at the polls.... or at least that's the assumption they operate under.

It's like Trump's favourite Twitter assessment of the Mueller investigation: Very conflicted!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2019, 05:54:58 PM »

Guys: don’t engage with trolling. Report anti-Semitic comments to moderators and we can keep this thread on topic.

I reported it almost as soon as it was posted (just reported it a second time).  All due respect, but the post is still there and presumably he hasn’t been sent a moderator warning.  I’m pretty sure I’d get a mod warning in a shorter amount of time if I changed my username to “Mike Naso is an anti-Semitic racist” even though that’s an objectively true statement.

No moderator who moderates the board has been around to take needed action. It as of this typing remains unresolved but the reported post (that has been reported 6 times) is literally the first apparent post on the reported post log, so I expect action as soon as said moderator of USGD becomes online but none of the non-USGD can take direct action on that particular post.

Thanks, YE. I know from my own experience as a moderator that I’m not always able to act as quickly as I’d like, and unfortunately it’s not realistic to expect real-time moderation or even rapid moderation except on election nights or during news events that bring moderators back to the site to follow along. What we can do is ensure it is taken care of within a reasonable amount of time and to document if there’s an issue for the record. In this case, I also raised the issue with other mods through other channels (in addition to reporting it).
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »

Did you see the Lynne Patton stunt earlier in the testimony? Pressley wanted to respond to that because Meadows cited it as evidence Trump wasn’t racist.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2019, 06:09:16 PM »

Did you see the Lynne Patton stunt earlier in the testimony? Pressley wanted to respond to that because Meadows cited it as evidence Trump wasn’t racist.

Ohhh ok. That makes more sense. Didn't watch it live.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »

Also should be noted he has documentation that backs up many of his claims.

The FBI has thousands of audio recordings and documents from when they raided Cohen's office and apartment. Trump is totally screwed.

Also I don't think a lot people realize that the DOJ and states can file sealed indictments that can sit until he's no longer protected by being President, but don't run the risk of statute of limitations.

Yea, I would bet Trump, Jr and the Kush are already under sealed indictment. Indicting one of the Orange Traitor's kids might cause him to go ballistic and order Mueller fired or even pardon his kids. It would be smart to wait until the report gets released first or even until Trump leaves office.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2019, 07:49:33 PM »

Cumming's closing remarks were very powerful, and very sobering.  He is a man of integrity.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »

God bless Rashida Tlaib.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »

Guys: don’t engage with trolling. Report anti-Semitic comments to moderators and we can keep this thread on topic.

I reported it almost as soon as it was posted (just reported it a second time).  All due respect, but the post is still there and presumably he hasn’t been sent a moderator warning.  I’m pretty sure I’d get a mod warning in a shorter amount of time if I changed my username to “Reaganfan is an anti-Semitic racist” even though that’s an objectively true statement.

Why of course it is. Calling a racist racist and anti-semites anti-semites makes Tori and pit cry real tears
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2019, 10:06:45 PM »

I reported it almost as soon as it was posted (just reported it a second time).  All due respect, but the post is still there and presumably he hasn’t been sent a moderator warning.  I’m pretty sure I’d get a mod warning in a shorter amount of time if I changed my username to “Mike Naso is an anti-Semitic racist” even though that’s an objectively true statement.
We do have lives.
Liar. Tongue
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2019, 10:11:01 PM »

FIFY
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length