Michael Cohen House Oversight Committee Testimony Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:54:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Michael Cohen House Oversight Committee Testimony Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Michael Cohen House Oversight Committee Testimony Megathread  (Read 4131 times)
Karpatsky
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
« edited: February 27, 2019, 04:40:44 PM by NYGurl »

Calling the son of a holocaust survivor 'big nosed' is quite different from calling someone with a bad spray tan orange, as it would be to call someone of African descent a 'monkey' compared to a WASP with a tendency towards seemingly confused speech - but I'm sure you know this. A word of advice, your choice of dog whistle is very audible - maybe next time try calling him a 'globalist'.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2019, 01:21:27 PM »

Look at all the Republicans getting defensive and screaming they aren't getting defensive. Highly amusing, especially from our resident soulless cultist in Ohio.

I am being honest. I love the President, I think he's great, and every thing goes his way. Remember the crap I took during the Kavanaugh hearings? What happened? Nothing. He's on the Supreme Court. It's done. I don't even think Nixon would have left office due to Watergate had it occurred in today's day and age. I think much of this is political and I have long stressed that we should never, never talk impeachment or anything unless under extreme circumstances.

I don't understand why Democrats don't prepare impeachment. Or bills to create it.

You cannot impeach someone just because you disagree with their policies. This is why I roll my eyes at stupid conservatives who say "Impeach Obama!" No matter how much you disagree, no laws were broken. We have to stop this already.

Even under Obama. I highly disagree that we should try and overthrow election results from the people. That's why I hate political investigations or judicial activism.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »

According to Twitter the media is loving Amash for being "maverick-y" and asking somewhat serious questions. Is there any truth to him not being one of the GOP puppets during the hearing?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2019, 01:24:55 PM »

“He once asked me if I could name a country run by a black person that wasn’t a ‘sh**thole.’ This was when Barack Obama was President of the United States.”

”While we were once driving through a struggling neighborhood in Chicago, he commented that only black people could live that way.”

“And, he told me that black people would never vote for him because they were too stupid.”

If you still support Trump, I question your patriotism and your integrity.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2019, 01:29:03 PM »

“He once asked me if I could name a country run by a black person that wasn’t a ‘sh**thole.’ This was when Barack Obama was President of the United States.”

”While we were once driving through a struggling neighborhood in Chicago, he commented that only black people could live that way.”

“And, he told me that black people would never vote for him because they were too stupid.”

Lol....thats why they voted for him. Trump is a racist and the GOP is the fourth incarnation of the Klan.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2019, 01:30:17 PM »

According to Twitter the media is loving Amash for being "maverick-y" and asking somewhat serious questions. Is there any truth to him not being one of the GOP puppets during the hearing?

He was the only Republican so far to ask legitimate questions.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2019, 01:30:23 PM »

Yes, he asked serious and reasonable questions.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »

Well, frankly that has been the case since 2015.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2019, 01:40:16 PM »

True.

The level of repulsiveness of the modern GOP is astonishing.  The rate at which they’ve dropped their morals and values simply to appease and bow before the likes of Donald Trump is disgusting.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »

True.

The level of repulsiveness of the modern GOP is astonishing.  The rate at which they’ve dropped their morals and values simply to appease and bow before the likes of Donald Trump is disgusting.

The modern Republican party is a combination of a racket and a cult.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »

Cohen says he had never been to Prague or the Czech Republic
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2019, 01:51:15 PM »

Holy campaign finance/banking/law/ethics/marital/everything violations.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »

The true litmus test of being a Republican is never taking Trump's d*** out of your mouth. News at 11.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2019, 02:55:56 PM »

He's only been to Praha in Czechia.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2019, 03:15:19 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2019, 04:58:06 PM by Pope Michael Bolton »

Guys: don’t engage with trolling. Report anti-Semitic comments to moderators and we can keep this thread on topic.

I reported it almost as soon as it was posted (just reported it a second time).  All due respect, but the post is still there and presumably he hasn’t been sent a moderator warning.  I’m pretty sure I’d get a mod warning in a shorter amount of time if I changed my username to “Reaganfan is an anti-Semitic racist” even though that’s an objectively true statement.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »

Guys: don’t engage with trolling. Report anti-Semitic comments to moderators and we can keep this thread on topic.

I reported it almost as soon as it was posted (just reported it a second time).  All due respect, but the post is still there and presumably he hasn’t been sent a moderator warning.  I’m pretty sure I’d get a mod warning in a shorter amount of time if I changed my username to “Mike Naso is an anti-Semitic racist” even though that’s an objectively true statement.

No moderator who moderates the board has been around to take needed action. It as of this typing remains unresolved but the reported post (that has been reported 6 times) is literally the first apparent post on the reported post log, so I expect action as soon as said moderator of USGD becomes online but none of the non-USGD can take direct action on that particular post.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »

I reported it almost as soon as it was posted (just reported it a second time).  All due respect, but the post is still there and presumably he hasn’t been sent a moderator warning.  I’m pretty sure I’d get a mod warning in a shorter amount of time if I changed my username to “Mike Naso is an anti-Semitic racist” even though that’s an objectively true statement.

No moderator who moderates the board has been around to take needed action. It as of this typing remains unresolved but the reported post (that has been reported 6 times) is literally the first apparent post on the reported post log, so I expect action as soon as said moderator of USGD becomes online but none of the non-USGD can take direct action on that particular post.

Fair enough and thanks for clarifying; I appreciate it!
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2019, 03:43:54 PM by GP270watch »

I found it disturbing that Cohen spoke of Trump as basically a mob boss. He seldom talks on the phone, doesn't use electronic communications, deals mostly with family and close associates, directs people into actions without asking, has known criminal associates not only in his inner circle but with an office on his same floor of his base of operations.

I think Mueller won't prove collusion unless he has extensive electronics records or somebody who flipped and can prove or testify to that. These dudes operate like criminals. Trump is so outlandish that his conspiracy in plain sight almost works as a defense. Trump tells Russia to hack Clinton's emails but it's just a joke, like c'mon he's joking, that's the Donald.

And like most mob style families the pampered son is always more stupid than the boss. Donald Trump is way dumber than Fred Trump, Don Jr. is even dumber than his father Donald.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »

This is indictable evidence. Impeachment and indictment charges should be filed, " obstruction of justice" for removing an FBI agent in middle of investigation, and directing lawyer to lie to investigators. Let SCOTUS decide if sitting president should be indicted.
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »

Eastasia is our enemy. Eastasia has always been our enemy.

Eurasia is our ally. Eurasia has always been our ally.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2019, 04:28:17 PM »

Eastasia is our enemy. Eastasia has always been our enemy.

Eurasia is our ally. Eurasia has always been our ally.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2019, 04:28:42 PM »

It's because he'd been to Bohemia instead. Checkmate.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2019, 04:41:10 PM »

Reaganfan, considering Cohen's nose seems normal sized, and he is Jewish, is it not a fair assumption that your phrasing of "big nosed" crosses a line?
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2019, 04:41:45 PM »

I wish we had more con men-turned-rats like Cohen to expose their sleazy bosses. I also just wish it didn't take so long for Cohen to come clean……
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2019, 04:42:13 PM »

None of the mods for this board were around at the time, we do have lives.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies