Rank the counties in your state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:37:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rank the counties in your state
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rank the counties in your state  (Read 959 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 11:35:20 PM »

eh, I'll rank the cities/towns in my county cause I feel like it.

1) North Beaverton (actually has culture, home of the best Mexican restaurant in the Portland metro, fairly chill atmosphere)
2) Cedar Mill (the only one of the suburbs north of the freeway that isn't an endless wasteland of McMansions and HOAs, home of the second best Mexican restaurant in the Portland metro)
3) Hillsboro (it's a really aesthetic city to drive in, good shops and stores and restaurants)
4) Bethany (ok, it's not as bad as I said before, it has a really good restaurant and good atmosphere)
5) Oak Hills (great fireworks show)
6) North Plains (the town itself is tiny and has pretty much nothing but the countryside around it is amazing)
7) Wilsonville (ok, yeah, it's mostly in Clackamas but still)
8 ) Those towns on the way to the beach with the Dairy Queen and all the weed dispensaries
9) Forest Grove (boring)
10) Banks (discount North Plains)
11) Aloha (what even is in Aloha? Neil Abercrombie would be ashamed)
12) Tigard (it's got Washington Square, avoid the rest)
13) Tualatin (Tigard without Washington Square, and no, Bridgeport Village, you don't count)
14) Sherwood (Tualatin without Bridgeport Village)
15) Cornelius (basically just a Walmart and trailer parks)
16) Satan's lair aka South Beaverton

Where’s Tansbourne and where do you put the location of THPRD In
Tanasbourne was part of what my Hillsboro ranking so high (I just counted them together since I'm pretty sure it's in the city limits), I love THPRD but not sure where to put it vs. entire cities.

That area has the Nike Main Campus too though and the Walker RD Fred Meyer as well. Where did you put it though, North Beaverton
Yeah, counted it as that. (don't forget Costco)

Yup Costco is great too(Though I prefer the Hillsboro one too). This is my ranking of the top 10 and I will seperate Tansbourne from Hilisboro . What is the Mexican Restaurant you're talking about is it Juan Colorado .

1. Tansbourne
2. North Beaverton
3. Bethany
4. Hillsboro
5. Downtown Beaverton
6. Cedar Mill
7. Oak Hills
8. Forest Grove
9. Tigard
10. Aloha
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 11:44:49 PM »

1) North Beaverton (actually has culture, home of the best Mexican restaurant in the Portland metro, fairly chill atmosphere)
2) Cedar Mill (the only one of the suburbs north of the freeway that isn't an endless wasteland of McMansions and HOAs, home of the second best Mexican restaurant in the Portland metro)
3) Hillsboro (it's a really aesthetic city to drive in, good shops and stores and restaurants)
4) Bethany (ok, it's not as bad as I said before, it has a really good restaurant and good atmosphere)
6) North Plains (the town itself is tiny and has pretty much nothing but the countryside around it is amazing)
8 ) Those towns on the way to the beach with the Dairy Queen and all the weed dispensaries
9) Forest Grove (boring)
13) Tualatin (Tigard without Washington Square, and no, Bridgeport Village, you don't count)

Tanasbourne was part of what my Hillsboro ranking so high (I just counted them together since I'm pretty sure it's in the city limits), I love THPRD but not sure where to put it vs. entire cities.

That area has the Nike Main Campus too though and the Walker RD Fred Meyer as well. Where did you put it though, North Beaverton

Yup Costco is great too(Though I prefer the Hillsboro one too). This is my ranking of the top 10 and I will seperate Tansbourne from Hilisboro . What is the Mexican Restaurant you're talking about is it Juan Colorado .

1. Tansbourne
2. North Beaverton
3. Bethany
4. Hillsboro
5. Downtown Beaverton
6. Cedar Mill
7. Oak Hills
8. Forest Grove
9. Tigard
10. Aloha
Pepita's was the one I was thinking of, the second one was Si Señor.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 07:08:45 PM »

1) Fairfield
2) Litchfield
3) New London
4) Windham/Tolland
6) Middlesex
7) New Haven/Hartford

Very impressed by the people with 50 counties in their state doing this, although I suppose there are states with a lot more county diversity than Connecticut.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 07:12:56 PM »

9) Forest Grove (boring)

1. Tansbourne
2. North Beaverton
3. Bethany
4. Hillsboro
5. Downtown Beaverton
6. Cedar Mill
7. Oak Hills
8. Forest Grove
9. Tigard
10. Aloha
Pepita's was the one I was thinking of, the second one was Si Señor.

I have never been to either location, will try the next time I go to a Mexican Restuarant. My parents and I usually go to either Chevy's or Juan Colorado and much of the time we just make it at home.

But I got to try those places out
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 07:24:59 PM »

1) Fairfield
2) Litchfield
3) New London
4) Windham/Tolland
6) Middlesex
7) New Haven/Hartford

Very impressed by the people with 50 counties in their state doing this, although I suppose there are states with a lot more county diversity than Connecticut.

I just took the Clinton - Trump margins by County in the state of Maryland and based the rankings of all 24 Counties in the state off of that alone. Ranking lots of Counties is not hard to do when you have a prepicked objective method of measurement like that beforehand.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »

1) Fairfield
2) Litchfield
3) New London
4) Windham/Tolland
6) Middlesex
7) New Haven/Hartford

I just took the Clinton - Trump margins by County in the state of Maryland and based the rankings of all 24 Counties in the state off of that alone. Ranking lots of Counties is not hard to do when you have a prepicked objective method of measurement like that beforehand.

That's pretty sad really.

Politics shouldn't be so important to someone that they base their entire perception of places on what their political leanings are.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 08:00:26 PM »

1) Fairfield
2) Litchfield
3) New London
4) Windham/Tolland
6) Middlesex
7) New Haven/Hartford

So you think Wayne County, MI is better than Collin County, TX
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 09:10:12 PM »

1) Fairfield
2) Litchfield
3) New London
4) Windham/Tolland
6) Middlesex
7) New Haven/Hartford

I would prefer Wayne County, MI over Collin County, TX even if politics was not a factor.
I have family right next door in Oakland County, MI, while Texas everywhere is basically like no mans land to me.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »

1) Fairfield
2) Litchfield
3) New London
4) Windham/Tolland
6) Middlesex
7) New Haven/Hartford

I would prefer Wayne County, MI over Collin County, TX even if politics was not a factor.
I have family right next door in Oakland County, MI, while Texas everywhere is basically like no mans land to me.

What about Utah County, Utah vs. Oglala Lakota County, SD?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »

There are 95 counties in Tennessee, most of which I have no strong opinion of.

With that said, Williamson is easily #1 and might be #1 in the whole country.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies