Casey over Santorum by 16%, Casey over Pennachio by 62%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:53:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Casey over Santorum by 16%, Casey over Pennachio by 62%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Casey over Santorum by 16%, Casey over Pennachio by 62%  (Read 3858 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2005, 09:53:29 AM »

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/13130219.htm

Daily News/Keystone Poll

Casey 51%
Santorum 35% (ouch)

Democratic Primary:
Casey 67%
Pennachio 5%

Also, Rendell looks quite vulnerable next year.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 09:58:37 AM »

It might very well be the case that Casey’s coattails help Rendell in a significant way.

Though a Senator Casey and Governor Swan wouldn’t be all bad Smiley , even if I am quite fond of “big Ed”   
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 10:02:38 AM »

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't want a sports sideline announcer as my governor!
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 10:05:18 AM »

But a post game analyst is OK, right?  Wink
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 10:06:15 AM »

But a post game analyst is OK, right?  Wink

LOL Cheesy
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 01:37:28 PM »

Interestingly they didn't show a Pennacchio-Santorum race.  I wonder how that would go? 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 01:39:05 PM »

I only hope me and Keystone Phil are still around here in one year so I can see Phil's reactions once Santorum goes down.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 01:46:24 PM »

I only hope me and Keystone Phil are still around here in one year so I can see Phil's reactions once Santorum goes down.

That's ok. I'll send him over a bottle of whatever he wants and personally deliver it to his dorm wherever he goes to school.  I think Bacardi 151 will be needed knowing how much he loves Santorum.  I'll even dress up as Allyson Schwartz when delivering it!  How's that for a consolation prize?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 02:00:14 PM »

That's ok. I'll send him over a bottle of whatever he wants and personally deliver it to his dorm wherever he goes to school.  I think Bacardi 151 will be needed knowing how much he loves Santorum.  I'll even dress up as Allyson Schwartz when delivering it!  How's that for a consolation prize?

Phil's not 21.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 02:12:35 PM »

Phil's not 21.

And on the night of April 23, 2004, neither was I. Guess what I did that night?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 02:13:14 PM »

Phil's not 21.

And on the night of April 23, 2004, neither was I. Guess what I did that night?

I turned 24 that day!
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 02:50:04 PM »

Read 'em and weep, folks:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/

Santorum down by 20% in latest Rasmussen poll.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 02:54:40 PM »

Read 'em and weep, folks:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/

Santorum down by 20% in latest Rasmussen poll.

Election 2006 Pennsylvania:

Casey 54% Santorum 34%
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 03:25:49 PM »

well, Pennacchio has at least gained 2-3%. Sad
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 03:41:41 PM »

That's almost enough to make me become a Santorum supporter lol.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 03:46:43 PM »

Hahahaha!!!! Pennacchio has 5%? This is some really messed up polling.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 04:19:56 PM »

That's almost enough to make me become a Santorum supporter lol.

I don't know if 151 will be enough for our boy Phil here.  We may need to whip up the Everclear straight!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 09:46:59 PM »

Hahahaha!!!! Pennacchio has 5%? This is some really messed up polling.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 09:49:01 PM »

Could someone post the article, I don't fell like registering.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 11:07:29 PM »

Could someone post the article, I don't fell like registering.

Use BugMeNot!

-----------

Poll shows Ed, Santorum slipping

By DAVE DAVIES

daviesd@phillynews.com

Pennsylvania's incumbent politicians may soon be hiding under their desks if they read the latest Daily News/CN8 Keystone poll. It shows Gov. Rendell and U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum both losing support among voters.

"We have a full-scale populist revolt under way," said poll director Terry Madonna. "Not everywhere, but in enough pockets of the state to create a historic event - taking down a sitting justice of the state Supreme Court."

Voters Tuesday removed Justice Russell Nigro from office in a usually routine retention election.

The vote was largely driven by the summer legislative pay raise, which generated such fury that lawmakers voted last week to rescind the increase.

The poll showed that six out of seven Pennsylvanians know about the pay hike, and 57 percent are less likely to vote for someone who voted for it.

"Legislators' ratings are below sea level," Madonna said.

It appears voters were at least somewhat mollified by the pay boost repeal, which still must be finalized. Only 32 percent said they are less likely to vote for a legislator who voted for the pay hike but then supported the repeal.

The poll showed Rendell with the lowest favorability rating since he took office. Thirty-nine percent had a favorable view of the governor, while 38 percent held an unfavorable view.

By contrast in spring 2003, Rendell's ratings were 50 percent favorable and 19 percent unfavorable. He runs for re-election next year.

"On the one hand, things generally look better for Democrats next year. On the other, he's stuck in this anti-incumbency mood," Madonna said.

Madonna noted that Rendell has recently made statements questioning the size of the Legislature and lamenting the lack of competition in legislative races.

"Rendell could run in a sense against the Legislature," Madonna said, "in effect becoming a reformer and capturing some of that anti-incumbent sentiment."

Rendell's Republican opponents are pointing out that he signed the pay-raise bill.

The poll found former Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton leading the Republican gubernatorial pack, followed by Lynn Swann with 24 percent, state Sen. Jeff Piccola with 3 percent and Jim Panyard at zero.

The good news for Democrats is that Republican President Bush's popularity also continued to sink, with 54 percent viewing him unfavorably, the worst mark since he took office.

The poll shows Republican Santorum's fortunes also sinking. His job-approval ratings are at a six-year low, and the poll shows him trailing Democratic opponent Bob Casey by 16 points, 51 to 35 percent.

"You may see Santorum try to make Casey the issue, and convince voters he's the least objectionable candidate," Madonna said. "So it's likely Santorum will go negative, and harshly negative."

The poll found Casey leading his announced opponent, Chuck Pennacchio, in the Democratic senatorial primary, 67 to 5 percent, with 28 percent undecided.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 11:32:10 PM »

Now this is funny:
Bush Abandonment Watch, Part 7
Rick Santorum pulls a Kilgore.
By Timothy Noah
Posted Thursday, Nov. 10, 2005, at 4:50 PM ET

President Bush likes to belittle people by giving them nicknames. Perhaps it's time to assign our commander in chief a nickname of his own: "Typhoid Dubya."

First it was the Republican gubernatorial candidate in Virginia, Jerry Kilgore, who declined to appear with Bush, pleading a previous engagement when Bush gave a speech there. Kilgore later relented and let the president stump for him, only to get whupped by his Democratic opponent on Election Day.
Then Rep. J.D. Hayworth, R-Ariz., when asked on Imus in the Morning whether he would want Bush to campaign for him in Arizona, answered, "In a word, no."

Now Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., is begging off an appearance with the president. Bush will be in Wilkes-Barre Nov. 11 to give a speech about the war on terrorism. Santorum can't make it because, um, he has to give a speech to … the American Legion. Yeah, that's it. The American Legion. Sorry, Mr. President. Love to Laura and the girls.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 11:43:53 PM »

President Bush likes to belittle people by giving them nicknames. Perhaps it's time to assign our commander in chief a nickname of his own: "Typhoid Dubya."

"Belittle"?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 11:46:20 PM »

"Belittle"?
Demean
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 11:49:25 PM »

"Belittle"?
Demean
"Demean"?  I don't know why you think that.  A lot of people like to asign nicknames to others around them.  Just as long as the nicknames aren't offensive, I don't see why anyone should be bothered by it.  You guys are reaching with this one.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 12:49:49 AM »

I'm very suspicious of a poll that shows that much of a drop without a cause.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies