MO-06 and MO-03 question
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:55:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-06 and MO-03 question
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-06 and MO-03 question  (Read 684 times)
MassBlueDog
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »

I think either MO-06 or MO-03 could get more competitive in the next 10 or so years (but still staying Republican).  St. Charles is getting a teensey bit more Democratic with each election, and the Kansas City suburbs are already pretty competitive.  It'll take time, but with changing demographics, I think that they'll change.  Am I just crazy?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:08:47 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/index.html
MassBlueDog
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 06:30:38 PM »

I do know these districts are heavily Republican.  It just seems to me, with the large suburban population in both districts, that they might get bluer over the next five to ten years, and I wanted to know if I wasn't completely crazy.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 06:39:27 PM »

I do know these districts are heavily Republican.  It just seems to me, with the large suburban population in both districts, that they might get bluer over the next five to ten years, and I wanted to know if I wasn't completely crazy.

thats the TREND MAP not the percentage map.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »

If Democrats continue their suburban trend and somehow start winning Clay, Platte, Jefferson, and St Charles. Odds are Republican will make MO-05 a D voting sink strictly within I-470 and sacrifice MO-02 to Dems in St Louis area to prevent any surprises. 
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 06:43:42 PM »

If Democrats continue their suburban trend and somehow start winning Clay, Platte, Jefferson, and St Charles. Odds are Republican will make MO-05 a D voting sink strictly within I-470 and sacrifice MO-02 to Dems in St Louis area to prevent any surprises. 

yeah im sure Republicans will go 5-3 in a state trump won by 20 points with one district thats already Clinton+60 making it an effective D sink and making the rest of the state have an R+14 PVI.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 06:45:08 PM »

2016 MO Prez Trend Map

2018 Sen MO trend map

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

2016 MO Prez Trend Map

2018 Sen MO trend map

tbf the MO trend map was a bit due to AKins
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 06:47:55 PM »

yeah im sure Republicans will go 5-3 in a state trump won by 20 points with one district thats already Clinton+60 making it an effective D sink and making the rest of the state have an R+14 PVI.
The geography of the state benefits the Democrats. The only saving the Democrats in Missouri is that KCMO and St Louis are on opposite sides of the state.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 07:00:55 PM »

The geography of the state benefits the Democrats. The only saving the Democrats in Missouri is that KCMO and St Louis are on opposite sides of the state.

Republicans will never let the current MO-02 stand come redistricting. If 2020 confirms the areas leftward swing then expect Republicans to split up the burbs between two or more redneck seats
That was very stupid of them. I think they will move MO-1 out west and have MO-2 and MO-3 split the suburbs along I-64 or bring MO-8 into St louis.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies