Elizabeth Warren Why did you lie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:37:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren Why did you lie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren Why did you lie  (Read 949 times)
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2019, 12:03:09 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warren-native-american-georgia-campaign-2020-election-1334017%3famp=1 I hope she is not nominated. I don,t want another but her emails. It might be as serious,but you can deny how much it,s damaged her. I,d rather she her as a cabinet member. She be a great asset.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:06:43 PM »

I was there. LOL. It’s a shame. She has the best economic platform of the people running and she speaks about race in a nuanced way that Bernie has failed to.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »

We have a President who lies on a daily basis, is a professed serial adulterer, refers to woman with grotesque, horrific language, abuses his power at least once a week, etc.

So to any Republican who repeats this nonsense “scandal” over and over: Gtfo, you’re a joke.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 12:38:33 PM »

Lol at asking why do politicians lie
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 12:41:37 PM »

Lol at asking why do politicians lie

True, you should only be shocked when they tell the truth.
mgop
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warren-native-american-georgia-campaign-2020-election-1334017%3famp=1 I hope she is not nominated. I don,t want another but her emails. It might be as serious,but you can deny how much it,s damaged her. I,d rather she her as a cabinet member. She be a great asset.

lol who is your favorite? biden who has the most skeletons in closet since bill clinton? or bernie who is against (some) wars? or maybe kamala who plays black card but she's less black than warren is native...
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 01:16:00 PM »

lol who is your favorite? biden who has the most skeletons in closet since bill clinton? or bernie who is against (some) wars? or maybe kamala who plays black card but she's less black than warren is native...

Do tell...
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2019, 03:06:43 PM by Da2017 »

Do tell...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=313358.msg6666152#msg6666152 I explain here. Almost all the field has flaws, and yes Harris and Beto included. As I said before Warren is someone who should be writing policy papers. As a campaigner you have to have a common touch with voters. Voters need to feel that you speak at their level. The problem with Warren is she is too much of wonk. I think she be an excellent president. Unfortunately some of the most qualified president's can be lousy campaigner's.
Proto
Estonia
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 03:52:02 AM »

Why do you lie, Elly,
Why do you lie?
Why, Elly, why, Elly,
Why, Elly, why?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 04:10:33 AM »

I was there. LOL. It’s a shame. She has the best economic platform of the people running and she speaks about race in a nuanced way that Bernie has failed to.

Yeah. The most-regulated sector of the economy definitely needs more regulations.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 05:15:45 AM »

The DNA test is a great idiot test - if you care about this test then you are likely an idiot.

Yeah. The most-regulated sector of the economy definitely needs more regulations.

Yes? Is this post sarcastic?

Also not sure if you're talking about Finance a la stock trading on Wall Street or how corporations are structured more generally but Warren's regulatory plans go far beyond simply breaking up big banks.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 05:27:38 AM »

The DNA test is a great idiot test - if you care about this test then you are likely an idiot.

Yes? Is this post sarcastic?

Also not sure if you're talking about Finance a la stock trading on Wall Street or how corporations are structured more generally but Warren's regulatory plans go far beyond simply breaking up big banks.

I don't care about the test, but here's what gets me: After she took the test and realized she was only 1/2048th Native American (or something), why did she even release the results? Honest question here; if anyone knows the answer, please tell me.

And yeah, it's sarcastic. Most regulations discourage startups, discourage innovation, and allow industry insiders to regulate their own companies. It becomes impossible for smaller companies to comply with all the bureaucratic red tape, and so they end up being subsumed into larger conglomerates. This is how the biggest banks have managed to gobble up all of their competition in the past two decades. I'm sure Warren thinks she's doing the right thing, but I have no faith in the government's ability to put an end to crony capitalism. Monopolies are almost always created through government intervention in the markets.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 06:23:31 AM »

I don't care about the test, but here's what gets me: After she took the test and realized she was only 1/2048th Native American (or something), why did she even release the results? Honest question here; if anyone knows the answer, please tell me.

Who cares?

And yeah, it's sarcastic. Most regulations discourage startups, discourage innovation, and allow industry insiders to regulate their own companies.

I have a hard time believing the blanket claim that regulations discourage startups or innovation. First, the majority of realized regulations will have little-to-no effect on the value of an innovation - e.g., clean water standards don't discourage innovation. In fact, regulations can encourage innovation with positive externalities, e.g., by encouraging development of better filters or retention systems in the clean water example. The final point is a failure of policy implementation or enforcement, not something inherent to regulation itself.

It becomes impossible for smaller companies to comply with all the bureaucratic red tape, and so they end up being subsumed into larger conglomerates.

Not necessarily true, and when true, often a failure of policy design. For example, these issues can be avoided by having a gradation of regulatory strength that varies by the size of the company like a marginal income tax.

This is how the biggest banks have managed to gobble up all of their competition in the past two decades.

Well, for the majority of the last two decades the banks have barely been regulated at all (and Dodd-Frank could have been much more strict than it actually was). Also a lot of this concentration can be attributed to the Financial Crisis, where many small banks folded but larger banks survived (in fact, were rescued by the government). So, this is not a good example.

I'm sure Warren thinks she's doing the right thing, but I have no faith in the government's ability to put an end to crony capitalism. Monopolies are almost always created through government intervention in the markets.

That's a personal belief which I will acknowledge I will be unable to dissuade you of.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 04:14:10 PM »

Who cares?

It's a completely unforced error. There was no reason to do it. I'd like to know if she actually thought that having a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother who was Native American actually qualified her as a person of indigenous descent. Because if so, she's a genuine idiot. No two ways about it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 08:21:22 PM »

I wish the double standard between our country's two parties wasn't so stark.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies