Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:16:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117918 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: May 29, 2019, 08:39:42 AM »

Maybe it sounds weird but I find his interaction with children much less of an issue than that with adults, simply because physical contact without permission is so common with children. Like, lifting up a kid to hug them etc is something lots of people do all the time.

Invading the private space of adults is more problematic to me.
Hollywood
« Reply #1276 on: May 29, 2019, 09:03:40 AM »

It's worse...

That is so ing creepy. Seriously, who tells a 10 year old they are good looking. It's so weird.

Anyone know which Iowa Party Dinner he's skipping? They have 3 big ones - the Wing Ding, what used to be the Jefferson-Jackson and the picnic one.

I've heard many adults tell children that they are "pretty" or "handsome". It's not a sexual thing. I used to get comments from women who met/knew my mom that I was handsome or good looking  too. Those comments haven't continued unfortunately . . .
But for real, most adults would not find that comment weird at least not from the midwest.

Given the context, I love that he straddles the line with these comment.  It makes for some great political theater.  He's obviously not a pedophile, but he is a creep.  The people trying to make Joe Biden into one are no doubt the rabid trolls within the Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren camp.  Without concerted support from the top of their ticket, his negatives are just going to sit in place. Bernie Sanders is certainly not going to get involved.  He sees the pitfalls in just crucifying male opponents for BS sexual assault claims, being in political existence for eternity. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1277 on: May 29, 2019, 09:12:15 AM »

It's worse...

That is so ing creepy. Seriously, who tells a 10 year old they are good looking. It's so weird.

Anyone know which Iowa Party Dinner he's skipping? They have 3 big ones - the Wing Ding, what used to be the Jefferson-Jackson and the picnic one.

Puh-leze. Trump always does the same exact grandmother talk of telling literal children, "Oh, you're sooo HAN-some! Look how tall you are!" And yet no one has ever called Trump creepy. This is a Republican plot to make the Democratic Party self-destruct again, and you are taking the bait.
Hollywood
« Reply #1278 on: May 29, 2019, 09:18:35 AM »

It's worse...

Puh-leze. Trump always does the same exact grandmother talk of telling literal children, "Oh, you're sooo HAN-some! Look how tall you are!" And yet no one has ever called Trump creepy. This is a Republican plot to make the Democratic Party self-destruct again, and you are taking the bait.

Dude, this a plot by Democrat candidates and supporters to destroy other Democrat candidates. 
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1279 on: May 29, 2019, 10:33:08 AM »

The fake outrage to anything Biden does is tiresome. No wonder everyone thinks his critics are shrills.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1280 on: May 29, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »

This is the video, after Biden had spent about a few minutes answering her question on immigration
https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1133546885409660929?s=20

isn't nearly as bad as people are making it sound.  I don't believe most people have any problem with this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1281 on: May 29, 2019, 12:36:08 PM »

The fake outrage to anything Biden does is tiresome. No wonder everyone thinks his critics are shrills.
Who is everyone? You?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1282 on: May 29, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2019, 05:16:09 PM by The Mikado »

Who is everyone? You?

The relentless negativity to Biden here is absurd. IMO it's that so many people here were saying things like "Biden supporters are just undecided" and "he's a relic and will fade the second he gets in the race" and people here can't take being wrong so they take it out on Biden.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1283 on: May 29, 2019, 01:31:41 PM »

It doesn't take a professional analyst to recognize that people make a bigger deal out of things which are done by candidates they don't like, and tend to say that just about anything done by a candidate they like is no big deal. People also think that their candidate is subject to much more negativity than anyone else. Sure, many people would attack Biden for eating a grape, but the same goes for other candidates, and some of Biden's supporters would defend him doing just about anything.

While this is not nearly as bad as it looks, and there are parts of Biden's record more worthy of criticism, it isn't a great look, and a "hands off" approach would be better for him.
BundouYMB

« Reply #1284 on: May 29, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »

Reminder: 80% of Democrats have a favorable opinion of Joe Biden even after these desperate (and unbelievably disgusting) attempts at character assassination.

The sad, bitter, socially maladjusted virgins who post on Atlas are in no way reflective of the real world.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1285 on: May 29, 2019, 03:26:31 PM »

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1286 on: May 29, 2019, 04:29:46 PM »

Who is everyone? You?

The relentless negativity to Biden here is absurd. IMO it's that so msny people here were saying things like "Biden supporters are just undecided" and "he's a relic and will fade the second he gets in the race" and people here can't take being wrong so they take it out on Biden.

Exactly.

There are legit reasons to not vote for Biden, but some of the reasons some posters are going after him for on here are ridiculous (ex. he is a pervert, or he is senile and can't campaign).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1287 on: May 29, 2019, 04:38:11 PM »

Biden is pretty much the Donald Trump of the Democratic Party and the only reason Liberals are willing to defend him is because of the D next to his name. If he was a Republican, then they'd be screaming "pervert!" It's amazing how many people are willing to sacrifice principles and morals on the altar of political tribalism.

And that doesn't even include his abysmal political history and blatant friendliness towards special interests.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1288 on: May 29, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »

Can one of his staff members just tie his hands around his back permanently or something?
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #1289 on: May 29, 2019, 09:45:55 PM »

For all the talk about Biden being electable or well liked, the latest Economist/Yougov poll has his fav/unfav at 46/46 among voters. First time he hasn't been at least +1 in net fav in this poll. If he slips into negative territory, hopefully the talk about him being very well liked will stop.
JG

« Reply #1290 on: May 29, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »

Biden hasn't said anything about Mueller's statement yet. I imagine his staff is doing focus groups to see which position would play best with the dem primary electorate.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1291 on: May 29, 2019, 09:57:43 PM »

For all the talk about Biden being electable or well liked, the latest Economist/Yougov poll has his fav/unfav at 46/46 among voters. First time he hasn't been at least +1 in net fav in this poll. If he slips into negative territory, hopefully the talk about him being very well liked will stop.

Biden isnt actually electable. The media has determined that he is electable and the narrative has now been established. What proof do they have that he's electable? None but he seems electable. No way a non descript grandfatherly white male can lose.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1292 on: May 29, 2019, 11:05:19 PM »

In 2006 he said he could compete in the SC Primary because he came from a slave state. LOL. Uncle Joe Purple heart

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1293 on: May 29, 2019, 11:13:41 PM »

In 2006 he said he could compete in the SC Primary because he came from a slave state. LOL. Uncle Joe Purple heart

Latent racism actually will help Uncle Joe. Even though Obama told us we are a post-racist country....Joe Biden's long history of latent racism will actually help because voters are in no way shape or form voting their identity.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1294 on: May 29, 2019, 11:39:30 PM »

No one is going to believe that Biden is a racist. Although his characterization of southern voters is hilarious.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1295 on: May 30, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »

Not to mention it was something we all discussed when it happened. I said anything I was going to say about that back in 2006. People were referencing this story still in 2007 when I joined here. My opinions haven't changed since then. It's weird watching people treat this like a shocking revelation.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1296 on: May 30, 2019, 11:21:30 AM »

Not to mention it was something we all discussed when it happened. I said anything I was going to say about that back in 2006. People were referencing this story still in 2007 when I joined here. My opinions haven't changed since then. It's weird watching people treat this like a shocking revelation.

It isn't weird when you realize the majority of them are acting in bad faith because Biden is trouncing their prefer candidate.

There are real reasons to go after Biden, but stuff like this ain't it and hurts the credibility of Biden's opposition.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #1297 on: May 30, 2019, 11:24:00 AM »

It isn't weird when you realize the majority of them are acting in bad faith because Biden is trouncing their prefer candidate.

There are real reasons to go after Biden, but stuff like this ain't it and hurts the credibility of Biden's opposition.

+1 and +1 !!!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1298 on: May 30, 2019, 11:52:59 AM »

That’s you. I was twelve when this happened. Apologies for not paying attention to what obscure presidential candidates were saying on FOX News while I was in middle school. This man has been around for five decades he’s not going to cake walk to the nomination without anything he’s ever said being brought to attention.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1299 on: May 30, 2019, 11:54:19 AM »

Acting in bad faith? Uh... I don’t like him because he is a casual racist and I said that before he announced. This clip just proves the points I’ve BEEN making. You all will deal.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies