Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:04:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117334 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 21, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »

Ok Joe, good luck with this

I mean I agree but this is extremely stupid to say.

I mean you're also a libertarian so...
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #526 on: April 21, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »

Ok Joe, good luck with this

He actually means "Mean testing" but even then, not a good thing to say in the D primary.

How in the hell is this clown the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination in 2019?
He's so out of touch and centrist it's not even funny.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #527 on: April 21, 2019, 07:03:36 PM »

Wow, hes actually arguing for Mean-Testing Social Security?

Good luck winning on that platform Roll Eyes
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #528 on: April 21, 2019, 09:15:09 PM »

With that said, progressives saying home against Biden because the perfect is the enemy of the good would ensure that the successor to the Reagan consensus is the Trump consensus. That's a ing horrible outcome if you care about progressive causes.

It's not a matter of not being a perfect candidate--it's a matter of the long term. There will be infinitely greater damage done to this country if we have one-term Biden followed by a competent version of Trump and Republican resurgance, as all those Never Trump Republicans get behind someone intelligent who can fake basic decency, than there will be with a second term of Trump, who has at least been too incompetent to implement the full extent of what the Republican base wants.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #529 on: April 21, 2019, 11:05:25 PM »

You know, I merely thought it would be bad for him if he ran, and that it was no longer his time, that the party has moved past him, but that he was still a decent guy and if it did come down to him somehow becoming nominee I'd still vote for him and congratulate him on beating the odds.

...But comments like that, NOW, make me think that if he did become the nominee I'd break my lifetime voting record of voting Democratic.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2019, 12:07:40 AM »

With that said, progressives saying home against Biden because the perfect is the enemy of the good would ensure that the successor to the Reagan consensus is the Trump consensus. That's a ing horrible outcome if you care about progressive causes.

No candidate is perfect. Biden is most definitely not good.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #531 on: April 22, 2019, 12:30:06 AM »

You know, I merely thought it would be bad for him if he ran, and that it was no longer his time, that the party has moved past him, but that he was still a decent guy and if it did come down to him somehow becoming nominee I'd still vote for him and congratulate him on beating the odds.

...But comments like that, NOW, make me think that if he did become the nominee I'd break my lifetime voting record of voting Democratic.

Yeah, definitively going for Trump for sure. Might as well risk another four years and the perfect six year itch in 2022 than reverse everything gained in 2018 just for more Reaganomics-Lite.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #532 on: April 22, 2019, 01:10:51 AM »

My disgust for Joe Biden is so visceral. Can’t even accurately explain it. It’s how he just whitewashes and sugar coats the actions of very bad people just to say that he has friends on both sides of the aisle. He literally bragged about being friends with the staunch segregationist Dixiecrats in the Senate. Like OMG dude, take a freaking moral stand. Stop trying to be friends with every damn body. And black people and workers are supposed to trust him? Like seriously,  him. And he had the nerve to campaign for a Republican with the monster we have in the White House. I will back literally anyone to block him.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #533 on: April 22, 2019, 03:21:30 AM »

I would vote for him in the general if he is nominated because he's still better than Trump, but I'll be working hard to make sure he isn't in the general. He still won't own up to the inappropriateness of his behavior with women. He /joked/ about it immediately after not-apologizing.

He is a backwards-facing candidate and we need a forward-facing one.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #534 on: April 22, 2019, 05:43:20 AM »

He's crazy to think he can win.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #535 on: April 22, 2019, 07:37:28 AM »

He CAN win the nomination, but I honestly doubt it. He has no money compared to Sanders, Harris, O'Rourke and even Buttigieg, and his baggage is going to be aired non-stop this summer and fall.

He might even drop out before South Carolina.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #536 on: April 22, 2019, 07:54:52 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2019, 08:03:19 AM by olowakandi »

He CAN win the nomination, but I honestly doubt it. He has no money compared to Sanders, Harris, O'Rourke and even Buttigieg, and his baggage is going to be aired non-stop this summer and fall.

He might even drop out before South Carolina.

Beto and his campaign heads parted ways. Harris isnt even in the race in IA. Biden can win
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #537 on: April 22, 2019, 11:40:35 AM »

Whether people like it or not Biden has the easiest path to victory. Biden just needs to win the Deep South, Ohio River Valley, and the Acela states to go into the convention with a plurality of delegates excluding super. Pete, Harris, and Beto can't breakout as long as Biden is still in and Sanders can't win if he coalesces the establishment. He currently holds the party hostage and everybody who supports somebody else just wishes he drop dead and go away. 
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #538 on: April 22, 2019, 11:45:21 AM »

Whether people like it or not Biden has the easiest path to victory. Biden just needs to win the Deep South, Ohio River Valley, and the Acela states to go into the convention with a plurality of delegates excluding super. Pete, Harris, and Beto can't breakout as long as Biden is still in and Sanders can't win if he coalesces the establishment. He currently holds the party hostage and everybody who supports somebody else just wishes he drop dead and go away.  

This. If Biden doesn't collapse by spring 2020, Harris' best shot is the vice presidential nomination and then run as the frontrunner in 2024 with minor opposition (similar to Al Gore in 2000). I guess Biden would be a one-termer who doesn't seek reelection and has the experience/competence to clean up the mess of Donald Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #539 on: April 22, 2019, 02:53:09 PM »

This. If Biden doesn't collapse by spring 2020, Harris' best shot is the vice presidential nomination and then run as the frontrunner in 2024 with minor opposition (similar to Al Gore in 2000). I guess Biden would be a one-termer who doesn't seek reelection and has the experience/competence to clean up the mess of Donald Trump.

Sanders is beating Biden, his sexual abuse allegations has had an effect
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #540 on: April 22, 2019, 03:15:53 PM »

Let’s just clarify that Biden does not have any sexual abuse allegations, please.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #541 on: April 22, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #542 on: April 22, 2019, 03:49:15 PM »

Dems, protesting Kavanaugh sex allegations doesnt mean a thing, when it comes to Biden voting for Thomas and invading women's privacy.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #543 on: April 22, 2019, 06:17:08 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #544 on: April 22, 2019, 06:19:57 PM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #545 on: April 22, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »

Every election he's completely indecisive.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #546 on: April 22, 2019, 06:27:24 PM »

Biden and his team in disarray?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #547 on: April 22, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »

He's just.....

...biden his time

I'm so sorry that I've done this please forgive me
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #548 on: April 22, 2019, 07:21:59 PM »

He wont be the nominee, anyways
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #549 on: April 22, 2019, 07:30:40 PM »

He's just.....

...biden his time

I'm so sorry that I've done this please forgive me

You shall not be forgiven. Royston! Fetch the hounds!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies