Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 10:45:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117718 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: April 29, 2019, 12:17:31 PM »

But I thought Biden was the candidate of big money?!

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #801 on: April 29, 2019, 12:29:16 PM »

My opinion of him will go up if he stands by this.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #802 on: April 29, 2019, 12:31:27 PM »

Credit where credit is due.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #803 on: April 29, 2019, 01:37:32 PM »

You don't have to directly take money from a super PAC to benefit from it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440920-biden-allies-launch-super-pac

Democratic fundraiser Matt Tompkins has filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to establish the For the People PAC with the aim of raising tens of millions of dollars to support Biden’s White House bid.

The super PAC will run local and national media ads for Biden and ensure he’ll have an activist network in all 50 states as he seeks to maintain his standing at the top of the polls in the Democratic primary. For the People will also run Facebook ads that send potential donors directly to Biden’s campaign.

But honestly, the bigger issue is the cozying up directly to lobbyists and CEOs:
Comcast's chief lobbyist David Cohen and his wife will be hosting a fundraiser for former Vice President Joe Biden Thursday, on the day he is expected to announce his third candidacy for the presidency.

Unlike many of his competitors, Biden is courting some of the party's traditional high-dollar donors to support his campaign, which is evident from the invitation to the fundraiser, obtained by CBS Philadelphia. The Cohens, along with cohosts who include top lobbyists and lawyers in Pennsylvania, are seeking donations of at least $2,800 to attend the fundraiser, though there is also a "young professional" donation level of $250 included on the invitation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/comcast-executive-to-host-joe-biden-fundraiser/

So, in regards to the Super PAC, we'll have to see how it goes, since they are a separate entity and he can't direct them. But the super fancy fundraisers are not encouraging.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #804 on: April 29, 2019, 02:17:37 PM »

Eh.... Biden is only doing it because everyone else is. He doesn’t believe what he is saying to his core. Nobody who cares about that was voting for him anyway it’s just a ploy to take a potential negative attack off the table for other candidates.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #805 on: April 29, 2019, 04:10:47 PM »

Anyone know the crowd size at the kickoff rally?  It looked pretty wimpy, especially considering he is the frontrunner.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #806 on: April 29, 2019, 05:56:12 PM »

I just realized that from the side, Joe Biden looks like Bob Barker.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #807 on: April 30, 2019, 06:36:45 AM »

American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #808 on: April 30, 2019, 06:54:58 AM »

American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #809 on: April 30, 2019, 07:15:59 AM »

I've an advice for everybody.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #810 on: April 30, 2019, 09:14:08 AM »

Sharpton hasnt met with Biden or Sanders, due to Anita Hill with Biden and Sanders BB Netanyahu.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #811 on: April 30, 2019, 01:01:56 PM »

Wow.
That is huge.
The question is ... can he maintain it?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #812 on: April 30, 2019, 01:27:36 PM »

Wow! He blew everyone out of the water with his yuuge speech. Joementum!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #813 on: April 30, 2019, 02:25:54 PM »

If Biden's become the frontrunner then I genuinely hope there's something criminally present in his past that comes out ASAP. I'd even take Trump fabricating something as long as it takes him out of the race.

I can't stress enough how dangerous he is to the long term, because another term of Trump can be managed through congressional power, if worst comes to worst. Biden would do nothing but guarantee somebody unimaginably worse than Trump coming to power in a massive GOP wave in 2024, and there will be no recovering from that.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #814 on: April 30, 2019, 02:42:26 PM »

If Biden's become the frontrunner then I genuinely hope there's something criminally present in his past that comes out ASAP. I'd even take Trump fabricating something as long as it takes him out of the race.

I can't stress enough how dangerous he is to the long term, because another term of Trump can be managed through congressional power, if worst comes to worst. Biden would do nothing but guarantee somebody unimaginably worse than Trump coming to power in a massive GOP wave in 2024, and there will be no recovering from that.
That sure is a vile comment. Don't wish for other people misfortune it usually comes back to haunt you instead.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #815 on: April 30, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2019, 03:51:10 PM by ProudModerate2 »

OMG. Are you serious?
That Biden is more dangerous than trump?
Is that all you are concerned about ... "massive waves" in future elections?
We have a president that is stirring massive racial tensions, with white nationalists shooting-up and killing people in synagogues, and energizing Nazis to gather in large congregation (Charlottesville).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #816 on: April 30, 2019, 03:43:34 PM »

Wow! He blew everyone out of the water with his yuuge speech. Joementum!

Joementum means you narrowly win a distant 4-way tie for 2nd place in Delaware.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #817 on: April 30, 2019, 03:47:58 PM »

I really don't get where this Joe-mentum is coming from.  I mean, neither the rally speech nor the video was particularly earth-shattering or awe-inspiring....how are people getting excited about this guy?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #818 on: April 30, 2019, 04:02:00 PM »

I really don't get where this Joe-mentum is coming from.  I mean, neither the rally speech nor the video was particularly earth-shattering or awe-inspiring....how are people getting excited about this guy?

Not sure if you actually clicked on the CNN video link above, but if you do, you will notice that they also polled:
What is "Extremely important in Dem nominee."
And the top-two things most important are: "Chance to beat Trump" and "Right experience."
It seems that Democrats (polled) feel that Biden leads in both of these important attributes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #819 on: April 30, 2019, 04:04:54 PM »

Not sure if you actually clicked on the CNN video link above, but if you do, you will notice that they also polled:
What is "Extremely important in Dem nominee."
And the top-two things most important are: "Chance to beat Trump" and "Right experience."
It seems that Democrats (polled) feel that Biden leads in both of these important attributes.

Oh yes, the right experience in turning America into a police state.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #820 on: April 30, 2019, 04:24:44 PM »

Has anyone noticed him slurring his words a bit in the speech yesterday and on The View? Seems like something to watch for, it could matter in the debates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AH4feMIi8k&feature=youtu.be
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #821 on: April 30, 2019, 05:01:04 PM »

He is an old, safe, white man who will not push for anything transformative. The rank and file and the low info are convinced he’s the only one who can beat Trump. He will be unpopular once he gets in and lets the GOP railroad him like the naive doofus he is.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #822 on: April 30, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »

See this? This is a bad comment.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #823 on: April 30, 2019, 05:41:01 PM »

See this? This is a bad comment.

That is some major YUK.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #824 on: April 30, 2019, 06:31:56 PM »

It amazing how people who follow politics can't see why Biden is popular with a lot people.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies