WV lawmaker compares LGBT to the KKK; implies he would drown his child if gay
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:20:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WV lawmaker compares LGBT to the KKK; implies he would drown his child if gay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: WV lawmaker compares LGBT to the KKK; implies he would drown his child if gay  (Read 4043 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

His comments are horrible, there, I said it.  He should step down.  The blue avatars here don't agree with him.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2019, 08:29:40 PM »

His comments are horrible, there, I said it.  He should step down.  The blue avatars here don't agree with him.

He's right. The LGBT movement has become a form a mob rule. Now people that openly oppose the LGBT movement are called homophobic bigots and sent death threats. You all got what you wanted in 2015. If you want to be part of the LGBT community, that's fine, but don't try to force me to accept your sexuality.

To Representative Carpetbagger,
Did you read this blue avatar's response left about 6 hours before yours (look back on page 2)?
I brought if forward here for you to read; see it immediately above this post.
So are you sure that "blue avatars here don't agree with" this WV lawmaker?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2019, 10:09:24 PM »

He's right. The LGBT movement has become a form a mob rule. Now people that openly oppose the LGBT movement are called homophobic bigots and sent death threats. You all got what you wanted in 2015. If you want to be part of the LGBT community, that's fine, but don't try to force me to accept your sexuality.

Did you read this blue avatar's response left about 6 hours before yours (look back on page 2)?

I don't know if he's serious.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 11:37:19 PM »

Where are all the blue-avatars?
They seem to be absent from this thread.
Maybe we should demand that blue-avatars condemn the statements of this repulsive GOP lawmaker. We should be posting over and over again, that Atlas members must do it.

You know like Fuzzy does.
Same with Calthrina who makes overly dramatic statements about bigoted comments from some Dem lawmakers.

What is there to say?  This guy is a POS.  You need more people to tell you that?  If you are simply trying to get someone to feel guilt by association, well, that's why they aren't posting in the thread.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2019, 12:26:39 AM »

His comments are horrible, there, I said it.  He should step down.  The blue avatars here don't agree with him.

You all think that I am some troll simply because my views are to polar opposite of yours. You all need to grow up because the world is full of viewpoints that differ from yours and you all need to learn that disagreement is a basic part of life. You all praise diversity(at least when it comes to race and ethnic groups). From what I can tell, none of you care about diversity of opinion.
I'd like to know your view on why you oppose LGBTQ equal rights. I'm not asking why you dislike the lifestyle or why you don't agree with it. You are entitled to your personal moral judgement call. Specicically, I want to ask you... why do you oppose their civil rights movement? We don't need to argue about morality here, as many immoral AND "immoral" lifestyles share the same civil liberties as you and I. Why do they not?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2019, 02:11:32 AM »

Where are all the blue-avatars?
They seem to be absent from this thread.
Maybe we should demand that blue-avatars condemn the statements of this repulsive GOP lawmaker. We should be posting over and over again, that Atlas members must do it.

You know like Fuzzy does.
Same with Calthrina who makes overly dramatic statements about bigoted comments from some Dem lawmakers.

What is there to say?  This guy is a POS.  You need more people to tell you that?  If you are simply trying to get someone to feel guilt by association, well, that's why they aren't posting in the thread.

LOL.
My comments were mainly sarcasm with some trolling thrown-in.
I could care a rat's ass if blue avatars condemn this guy or not.
My main point is that Calthrina (a blue avatar) creates threads with massive dramatic statements when a Dem lawmaker is accused of bigotry, and will post 20 times or more on how red-avatars don't do this or that. I was just doing the same to see what how blue-avatars would respond.

PS: On occasion I do post how hilarious it is that some threads are empty of blue-avatar responses, but here I "over dramatized" it for an added "Calthrina effect."
Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2019, 02:14:24 AM »

You all think that I am some troll simply because my views are to polar opposite of yours. You all need to grow up because the world is full of viewpoints that differ from yours and you all need to learn that disagreement is a basic part of life. You all praise diversity(at least when it comes to race and ethnic groups). From what I can tell, none of you care about diversity of opinion.

Does his response above, answer your question? Or do you still want to hide behind those horse blinders?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »

His comments are horrible, there, I said it.  He should step down.  The blue avatars here don't agree with him.

I'd like to know your view on why you oppose LGBTQ equal rights. I'm not asking why you dislike the lifestyle or why you don't agree with it. You are entitled to your personal moral judgement call. Specicically, I want to ask you... why do you oppose their civil rights movement? We don't need to argue about morality here, as many immoral AND "immoral" lifestyles share the same civil liberties as you and I. Why do they not?

I oppose LGBT rights when they begin to interfere with my rights. The LGBT community can go do their thing as long as they are not bothering me. But, the LGBT movement has gotten to the point where acceptance is shoved down people's throats. The fact that the LGBT movement exists doesn't violate my rights. However, when the LGBT movement is forced it is violating my First and Thirteenth amendment rights.

Name a list of exclusive LGBT rights that interferes with yours.

Please also confirm if you agree with this statement; 'When the anti-LGBT movement is forced it is violating an LGBT person's First and Thirteenth amendment rights.'
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »

Haha Porterfield, am I a psychopath for finding the whole incident funny and don't care that he is permanently blind? I mean no wonder why he tried to keep quiet about it. A supposed man of god caught at a strip club and got his eyes gouged out after defending his friend who has sexually harassing a woman.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2019, 03:21:53 PM »

I oppose LGBT rights when they begin to interfere with my rights. The LGBT community can go do their thing as long as they are not bothering me. But, the LGBT movement has gotten to the point where acceptance is shoved down people's throats. The fact that the LGBT movement exists doesn't violate my rights. However, when the LGBT movement is forced it is violating my First and Thirteenth amendment rights.

Name a list of exclusive LGBT rights that interferes with yours.

Please also confirm if you agree with this statement; 'When the anti-LGBT movement is forced it is violating an LGBT person's First and Thirteenth amendment rights.'

I do not agree with your statement because it is not a violation of the LGBT communities rights. The LGBT community is free to speak against anti-LGBT movements in today's society. LGBT individuals are also not being forced to bake wedding cakes for Christian and Muslim people.

Forcing the LGBT movement violates my First and Thirteenth amendment rights due to anti discrimination laws. These anti-discrimination laws violate my First Amendment rights because they do not allow me to criticize the LGBT movement or LGBT individuals without punishment. As a private business owner, this also violates my Thirteenth Amendment rights. Forcing me to serve individuals in the LGBT community against my will is a form of modern slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment is designed to protect individuals from involuntary servitude. A private business being forced to serve somebody they do not want to serve is involuntary servitude. The LGBT movement has gotten out of control to the point it violates my rights as well as many private business owners.

So then I assume you also think the Civil Rights Act of 1964 violated the constitutional rights of segregationist business owners?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »

Good God.
Some of you blue-avatars don't even hide your bigotry any more.
They just put-it-out-there for the world to see.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »

Good God.

Clearly you don't know what bigotry is. Bigotry is the intolerance and hostility of other viewpoints. Bigot is not a substitute word to throw in place of racist, sexist, homophobe, islamphobe, transphobe, or anti-Semite. Many individuals on the left misuse the word "bigot" because they don't know what it really means.

1 : obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices

Most of those things would fall under this definition (specifically ‘prejudices’, not opinions)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2019, 04:07:36 PM »

Good God.

Clearly you don't know what bigotry is. Bigotry is the intolerance and hostility of other viewpoints. Bigot is not a substitute word to throw in place of racist, sexist, homophobe, islamphobe, transphobe, or anti-Semite. Many individuals on the left misuse the word "bigot" because they don't know what it really means.

1 : obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices

Most of those things would fall under this definition (specifically ‘prejudices’, not opinions)

A prejudice is an opinion.

Yes, but "intolerant devotion to one's own prejudices" can include views on race, gender, sexuality, etc.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2019, 04:16:51 PM »

Cool so we know this real right guy isn't just a bigot but a bigot with a weak grasp on the English language
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »

Cool so we know this real right guy isn't just a bigot but a bigot with a weak grasp on the English language
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »

Why is the GOP shocked they don’t win black and gay people? I legitimately do not get it, it is not hard at all to see why.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »

LGBT individuals are also not being forced to bake wedding cakes for Christian and Muslim people.

Actually, a baker who refused to serve people based on their religion would get in a lot of trouble, especially if it that religion was Christian (as a baker refusing to serve Muslims would at least be able to grift a bunch of right-winger out of millions of dollars, as the bakers refusing to serve gays have done).
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2019, 07:18:20 PM »

LGBT individuals are also not being forced to bake wedding cakes for Christian and Muslim people.

Actually, a baker who refused to serve people based on their religion would get in a lot of trouble, especially if it that religion was Christian (as a baker refusing to serve Muslims would at least be able to grift a bunch of right-winger out of millions of dollars, as the bakers refusing to serve gays have done).

The only reason they make money is coz its a crime and people are standing up for what should be rights.(Even if I wouldn't use those rights if I was a business owner)

Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2019, 10:45:38 PM »

Forcing the LGBT movement violates my First and Thirteenth amendment rights due to anti discrimination laws. These anti-discrimination laws violate my First Amendment rights because they do not allow me to criticize the LGBT movement or LGBT individuals without punishment. As a private business owner, this also violates my Thirteenth Amendment rights. Forcing me to serve individuals in the LGBT community against my will is a form of modern slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment is designed to protect individuals from involuntary servitude. A private business being forced to serve somebody they do not want to serve is involuntary servitude. The LGBT movement has gotten out of control to the point it violates my rights as well as many private business owners.
Intolerance of discrimination is not discrimination (or slavery).
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2019, 11:32:17 PM »

Forcing a private citizen or business they do not want to is a form of involuntary servitude which is slavery!
If a cotton factory is forced to hire white and hispanic and asian people instead of just black people, is the factory being forced into slavery because they can't have the cotton worked on by only blacks like they wanted?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2019, 12:01:09 AM »

Forcing a private citizen or business they do not want to is a form of involuntary servitude which is slavery!
If a cotton factory is forced to hire white and hispanic and asian people instead of just black people, is the factory being forced into slavery because they can't have the cotton worked on by only blacks like they wanted?
like there are many good ways to counter TheRealRight with his mentalmidgetism...but this isn't the best one.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2019, 12:34:32 AM »

Yes, forcing a private business to hire or serve somebody they do not want to is involuntary servitude which is a violation of the Thirteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Hypothetical here...

Your interpretation of the 13th amendment becomes very widely and very rapidly accepted. 99% of the businesses in your county decide they do not want to serve people of your ethnicity. You will have access to the government, and possibly hospitals due to their extra regulations, but not grocery stores or gas stations or barbers or hardware stores or clothing stores.

Are you okay with living this way? If not, are you okay with moving away from your job and extended family and community to find a county that is friendly to your race? Segregated communities seem to be encouraged under this 13th amendment interpretation...
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2019, 01:24:04 AM »

Yes, forcing a private business to hire or serve somebody they do not want to is involuntary servitude which is a violation of the Thirteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Hypothetical here...

Your interpretation of the 13th amendment becomes very widely and very rapidly accepted. 99% of the businesses in your county decide they do not want to serve people of your ethnicity. You will have access to the government, and possibly hospitals due to their extra regulations, but not grocery stores or gas stations or barbers or hardware stores or clothing stores.

Are you okay with living this way? If not, are you okay with moving away from your job and extended family and community to find a county that is friendly to your race? Segregated communities seem to be encouraged under this 13th amendment interpretation...

Clearly that theory is hypothetical, even delusional. This is an extreme scenario far beyond reality to the point that it is trolling. My interpretation of the Thirteenth Amendment would never be accepted by everybody, nor is everybody on the extreme right of the political spectrum. If a private business refuses to serve me because of my race, I take my business elsewhere. That is the beauty of the free market. There are choices and competition. My interpretation allows segregated communities, but does not encourage segregated communities. I would not be okay living this way but there is no reason for me to worry as mentioned earlier.
It's only an extreme scenario because it's 2019. If this were 1919 and you were black, it mught not be an extreme scenario AT ALL, depending where your county is located.

Would your belief likely remain the same if you were black and it was 100 years ago, or is your belief only made possible by your priviledge (race, era)?
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2019, 01:48:38 AM »

Hypothetical here...

Clearly that theory is hypothetical, even delusional. This is an extreme scenario far beyond reality to the point that it is trolling. My interpretation of the Thirteenth Amendment would never be accepted by everybody, nor is everybody on the extreme right of the political spectrum. If a private business refuses to serve me because of my race, I take my business elsewhere. That is the beauty of the free market. There are choices and competition. My interpretation allows segregated communities, but does not encourage segregated communities. I would not be okay living this way but there is no reason for me to worry as mentioned earlier.
It's only an extreme scenario because it's 2019. If this were 1919 and you were black, it mught not be an extreme scenario AT ALL, depending where your county is located.

Would your belief likely remain the same if you were black and it was 100 years ago, or is your belief only made possible by your priviledge (race, era)?

You're getting completely side tracked and bringing up things completely irrelevant. I was talking about sexual orientation, not race. Unlike sexual orientation and gender identity, race cannot be changed. However, I will answer your question anyway but this is the last one of your questions I will answer. I can only feed a troll so much. I would support this same policy 100 years ago no matter which race I was. If I was refused service by a private business I would go somewhere else that didn't refuse service to me. I would leave the solution to the free market.

Is the only reason you came to atlas because you get beaten whenever you open up your mouth in Hawaii?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies