WV lawmaker compares LGBT to the KKK; implies he would drown his child if gay
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:43:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WV lawmaker compares LGBT to the KKK; implies he would drown his child if gay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: WV lawmaker compares LGBT to the KKK; implies he would drown his child if gay  (Read 4029 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2019, 01:51:22 AM »

Forcing the LGBT movement violates my First and Thirteenth amendment rights due to anti discrimination laws. These anti-discrimination laws violate my First Amendment rights because they do not allow me to criticize the LGBT movement or LGBT individuals without punishment. As a private business owner, this also violates my Thirteenth Amendment rights. Forcing me to serve individuals in the LGBT community against my will is a form of modern slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment is designed to protect individuals from involuntary servitude. A private business being forced to serve somebody they do not want to serve is involuntary servitude. The LGBT movement has gotten out of control to the point it violates my rights as well as many private business owners.
Intolerance of discrimination is not discrimination (or slavery).

Forcing a private citizen or business they do not want to is a form of involuntary servitude which is slavery!
If a cotton factory is forced to hire white and hispanic and asian people instead of just black people, is the factory being forced into slavery because they can't have the cotton worked on by only blacks like they wanted?

Yes, forcing a private business to hire or serve somebody they do not want to is involuntary servitude which is a violation of the Thirteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Hypothetical here...

Your interpretation of the 13th amendment becomes very widely and very rapidly accepted. 99% of the businesses in your county decide they do not want to serve people of your ethnicity. You will have access to the government, and possibly hospitals due to their extra regulations, but not grocery stores or gas stations or barbers or hardware stores or clothing stores.

Are you okay with living this way? If not, are you okay with moving away from your job and extended family and community to find a county that is friendly to your race? Segregated communities seem to be encouraged under this 13th amendment interpretation...

Clearly that theory is hypothetical, even delusional. This is an extreme scenario far beyond reality to the point that it is trolling. My interpretation of the Thirteenth Amendment would never be accepted by everybody, nor is everybody on the extreme right of the political spectrum. If a private business refuses to serve me because of my race, I take my business elsewhere. That is the beauty of the free market. There are choices and competition. My interpretation allows segregated communities, but does not encourage segregated communities. I would not be okay living this way but there is no reason for me to worry as mentioned earlier.
It's only an extreme scenario because it's 2019. If this were 1919 and you were black, it mught not be an extreme scenario AT ALL, depending where your county is located.

Would your belief likely remain the same if you were black and it was 100 years ago, or is your belief only made possible by your priviledge (race, era)?

You're getting completely side tracked and bringing up things completely irrelevant. I was talking about sexual orientation, not race. Unlike sexual orientation and gender identity, race cannot be changed.

There it is.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2019, 02:22:43 AM »

Forcing the LGBT movement violates my First and Thirteenth amendment rights due to anti discrimination laws. These anti-discrimination laws violate my First Amendment rights because they do not allow me to criticize the LGBT movement or LGBT individuals without punishment. As a private business owner, this also violates my Thirteenth Amendment rights. Forcing me to serve individuals in the LGBT community against my will is a form of modern slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment is designed to protect individuals from involuntary servitude. A private business being forced to serve somebody they do not want to serve is involuntary servitude. The LGBT movement has gotten out of control to the point it violates my rights as well as many private business owners.

Forcing a private citizen or business they do not want to is a form of involuntary servitude which is slavery!
If a cotton factory is forced to hire white and hispanic and asian people instead of just black people, is the factory being forced into slavery because they can't have the cotton worked on by only blacks like they wanted?

Yes, forcing a private business to hire or serve somebody they do not want to is involuntary servitude which is a violation of the Thirteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Hypothetical here...

Your interpretation of the 13th amendment becomes very widely and very rapidly accepted. 99% of the businesses in your county decide they do not want to serve people of your ethnicity. You will have access to the government, and possibly hospitals due to their extra regulations, but not grocery stores or gas stations or barbers or hardware stores or clothing stores.

Are you okay with living this way? If not, are you okay with moving away from your job and extended family and community to find a county that is friendly to your race? Segregated communities seem to be encouraged under this 13th amendment interpretation...

Clearly that theory is hypothetical, even delusional. This is an extreme scenario far beyond reality to the point that it is trolling. My interpretation of the Thirteenth Amendment would never be accepted by everybody, nor is everybody on the extreme right of the political spectrum. If a private business refuses to serve me because of my race, I take my business elsewhere. That is the beauty of the free market. There are choices and competition. My interpretation allows segregated communities, but does not encourage segregated communities. I would not be okay living this way but there is no reason for me to worry as mentioned earlier.
It's only an extreme scenario because it's 2019. If this were 1919 and you were black, it mught not be an extreme scenario AT ALL, depending where your county is located.

Would your belief likely remain the same if you were black and it was 100 years ago, or is your belief only made possible by your priviledge (race, era)?

You're getting completely side tracked and bringing up things completely irrelevant. I was talking about sexual orientation, not race. Unlike sexual orientation and gender identity, race cannot be changed.

There it is.

Why is it that people on the right, consistently deny scientific/medical proof ?
It's just mind blowing.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2019, 02:37:44 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2019, 02:41:52 AM by King TChenka »

Hypothetical here...

There it is.

Why is it that people on the right, consistently deny scientific/medical proof ?
It's just mind blowing.
"Truthiness is tearing apart our country, and I don't mean the argument over who came up with the word. I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. But that's not the case anymore. Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything. It's certainty. People love the president because he's certain of his choices as a leader, even if the facts that back him up don't seem to exist. It's the fact that he's certain that is very appealing to a certain section of the country. I really feel a dichotomy in the American populace. What is important? What you want to be true, or what is true?"

That's a Stephen Colbert quote, and surprisingly (or not?) it's actually from 2006 and referencing President Bush.

So, to kind of steer it back to the main topic, of course some right wingers will want to punish or disown (or drown) their kids for CHOOSING to be gay. They FEEL it's a choice, and that's all that matters to them.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »

That's some fine derailing there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »