When Anti-vaxxer gets roasted, and someone on reddit wants vaccines
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:08:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  When Anti-vaxxer gets roasted, and someone on reddit wants vaccines
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When Anti-vaxxer gets roasted, and someone on reddit wants vaccines  (Read 779 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2019, 11:06:22 AM »

https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Anti-vaxxer-vaccine-measles-immunize-outbreak-13581343.php

https://www.reddit.com/r/VACCINES/comments/ajqrzb/anti_vax_perents_won_let_me_get_a_vaccine/

https://vaxopedia.org/2018/09/25/how-can-i-get-vaccinated-if-my-parents-are-anti-vaccine/
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 12:55:52 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2019, 01:00:39 AM by Dope and Diamonds »

This crisis has been manufactured by the left, the media, and big pharma.

lmao nah man, some things actually are manufactured by the left and lamestream media, like Occupy Wall Street.

When a near-eradicated disease starts coming back, that's a crisis, no matter what side of the aisle you're on. I can admit that and I think almost every media outlet (with the exceptions of Bloomberg financial news and conservative AM talk radio) are lamestream garbage.

I work in accounting, not medicine. I'm not going to go to a doctor and ask them for advice on accounting. In the same vein, I'm not going to tell my doctor what I think about medicine. Leave medicine to the medical professionals, is how I see it. If they're saying there is a crisis, there is.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »

I don’t believe vaccines caused my brother’s autism, but not to the extent that I can totally rule them out either. I’d still vaccinate my own children, but when that time comes I’ll sure as hell be paranoid about it.

I don’t trust scientists. I trust in science, but not scientists generally speaking. Experiments and research is very expensive, and the people who pay and fund these projects aren’t just throwing money around. They have their own angle. The growing intensity of the anti-anti-vaxxer movement has grown from a few warnings in academic journals to a full blown army of angry single moms ready to lead the latest online lynch mom the moment a kid at the daycare develops a runny nose.

Follow the money, etc, etc.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 02:41:25 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2019, 02:44:41 PM by Dope and Diamonds »

I don’t believe vaccines caused my brother’s autism, but not to the extent that I can totally rule them out either. I’d still vaccinate my own children, but when that time comes I’ll sure as hell be paranoid about it.

I don’t trust scientists. I trust in science, but not scientists generally speaking. Experiments and research is very expensive, and the people who pay and fund these projects aren’t just throwing money around. They have their own angle. The growing intensity of the anti-anti-vaxxer movement has grown from a few warnings in academic journals to a full blown army of angry single moms ready to lead the latest online lynch mom the moment a kid at the daycare develops a runny nose.

Follow the money, etc, etc.

In my experience, "angry single moms" make up most of anti-vaxxers lmao. The kind who never do anything with their life and just jump from boyfriend to boyfriend to support their lazy asses while they post on Facebook about how evil vaccines are.

Maybe that's just TN, but I find it hard to believe it would be different in Florida or Hawaii.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2019, 04:42:52 PM by Dope and Diamonds »

lmao nah man, some things actually are manufactured by the left and lamestream media, like Occupy Wall Street.

When a near-eradicated disease starts coming back, that's a crisis, no matter what side of the aisle you're on. I can admit that and I think almost every media outlet (with the exceptions of Bloomberg financial news and conservative AM talk radio) are lamestream garbage.

I work in accounting, not medicine. I'm not going to go to a doctor and ask them for advice on accounting. In the same vein, I'm not going to tell my doctor what I think about medicine. Leave medicine to the medical professionals, is how I see it. If they're saying there is a crisis, there is.

It doesn't matter what kind of education or experience anybody has. No matter who you are, you are capable of spreading fraudulent information.

So should people with a third grade education be hired to run a nuclear power plant?

That's a leftist mentality, that we should all put ourselves at risk just to make the losers feel "included" and "important"
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 08:02:06 PM »

It doesn't matter what kind of education or experience anybody has. No matter who you are, you are capable of spreading fraudulent information.

So should people with a third grade education be hired to run a nuclear power plant?

That's a leftist mentality, that we should all put ourselves at risk just to make the losers feel "included" and "important"

People with a third grade education should not run nuclear power plants because that truly is a public safety issue. Contrary to what others say vaccines are not a public safety issue, they are a personal safety issue. Nobody has answered my question on any threads. If you and your family is vaccinated what do you have to worry about? If you are vaccinated you are supposedly protected from the anti-vaxxers. This lack of logic and show of hypocrisy shows that many people are questioning vaccine safety and effectiveness.

What if you have an infant who hasn't yet gotten all their vaccines because they aren't old enough yet? Or what if you have an actual allergy to the vaccines, and so you can't get that one?

When I have a child, I'd love to take them for all their vaccines when they're one day old to protect them from the antivaxxers, but you can't do that. I don't know why that is, like I said I work in accounting, not medicine. So I'm going to leave medicine to people who actually know about it.

I'm not going to pretend to know more than I do. But what I do know is that I would be dead today had I never received vaccines. I had a very weak immune system as a child and I would have died had I been unvaccinated, I'm sure. So basically, anti-vaxxers want me dead.

Darwin and eugenicists are evil, just as religion is. Kids shouldn't be dying for "nature" or "evolution" or for "God's plan" or for any other reason. It's a good thing I wasn't Abraham because I wouldn't have listened if God told me to kill Isaac.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 08:03:00 AM »

Nobody has answered my question on any threads. If you and your family is vaccinated what do you have to worry about? If you are vaccinated you are supposedly protected from the anti-vaxxers.

I answered this point at least twice!  Just because you ignore something does not mean that it goes away.

Firstly not everyone can get vaccinations - people with weak immune systems often cannot get live vaccines for risk of them getting ill from it.  In societies with high vaccination rates they are protected by herd immunity; the idea that everyone else is vaccinated so the chance of them picking up something that could be incredibly harmful for them - more harmful than it would be for a person with a normal immune system - is incredibly low but with falls in that rate that is become a lot more likely.

Secondly there is a chance that the vaccine fails to produce the antibodies required for the body to be protected from whatever they are vaccinated against.  I know that when it come to measles and the MMR vaccine that rate is between 5% and 10% in children aged twelve months which falls to something like 1% with a second dose.  Now when you get to a 99% protection level herd immunity works well in eradicating the disease but when you fall below that then outbreaks can and do affect people who were vaccinated against something and assume that they are protected.  And that's why I care about this: because there is a chance - albeit a small one - that myself or someone that I care about might not be protected from these diseases and I'd rather not have to put that to chance.

There are regulations that we set in society for public health: cars have emission standards that they must meet to avoid putting a load of crap into the atmosphere; there are things that aren't allowed into food because they are incredibly bad for health - I think that heavily encouraging people to vaccinate their children is something that meets similar goals.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies