Will the 2024 GOP candidate do better than Trump in suburbs? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:22:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Will the 2024 GOP candidate do better than Trump in suburbs? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the 2024 GOP candidate do better than Trump in suburbs?  (Read 7006 times)
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« on: March 05, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »

Will the 2016 Democratic candidate do better than Obama in Coal Country?

If it's someone like #populist Clinton, of course. #populist WWC Clinton wins back Mingo County with 70% of the vote, tbh imo tbh.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 05:26:36 PM »

The reason the suburbs (especially in the sunbelt) are trending so fast is because of generational turnover so no

This would be true if Gen Z was a liberal generation like Millenials, but they aren't. High Schoolers nowadays are much more conservative on social and fiscal issues, and protectionist on economic issues, in contrast to millenials.

*But muh March For Our Lives!*

Gun control is one issue and doesn't really correlate to any other issues. Gen Z generally supports background checks and raising major weapon ownership legality from 18 to 21+. Assault weapon bans are viewed favorably by a slim majority of high and middle schoolers, but they aren't going to vote dem on one issue. The data is already showing the trends.

Overall Gen Z is pretty pessimistic about politics, but the generation is lean R and this is coming from a Gen Z person.

LOL. The “Conservative Gen Z” theory has been proven to be nothing but bull. Conservatives are too arrogant to admit it.

Besides you, though, right?

Also, just to clarify to the red avatars (and Tekken_Guy, who is doing his best to be the heir apparent to Badger when he FINALLY registers as a Democrat) ... will Republicans ever get any voters again?  Once White Boomers die off, will they get 20-30% of the vote in all national elections?  There is a strange paradox present on Atlas that holds two truths:

1) People do NOT get more conservative as they age, as a rule (which I agree with), AND younger voters (i.e., younger than Millennials) do not appear to be significantly more conservative than Millennials (I again agree).

2) 2016/2018 trends will continue into the foreseeable future (here is where I disagree).

You all do realize that if both of these things are true, the GOP will be down to ~35% of the popular vote by the 2030s, right?
The trends will continue until the GOP gets desperate enough to drop the reactionary Boomer shtick and move to the center. This will take a while given the aggressive propaganda campaign that Fox News is waging, but I expect that by the late 30s they will nominate an actual moderate (i.e an Eisenhower or Clinton type).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies