Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:08:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 58
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 70270 times)
Thatkat04
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: February 04, 2019, 04:39:15 PM »

We have a thread for this.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #526 on: February 04, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »

Even if Northam was involved in the leak, accusing him of conspiring to deny Fairfax the governorship is not a good look. Doesn't really give him credibility points if he wants us to believe his story over the accuser's.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #527 on: February 04, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »

#BelieveWomen
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #528 on: February 04, 2019, 05:12:19 PM »

Even if Northam was involved in the leak, accusing him of conspiring to deny Fairfax the governorship is not a good look. Doesn't really give him credibility points if he wants us to believe his story over the accuser's.

I really doubt Northam is behind this. The last thing he needs is something like that coming to light and putting even more fire under his ass.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #529 on: February 04, 2019, 05:14:19 PM »

I really doubt Northam is behind this. The last thing he needs is something like that coming to light and putting even more fire under his ass.

Honestly it wouldn't be surprising since he can't run for reelection so doesn't have a whole lot to lose at this point.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #530 on: February 04, 2019, 05:18:35 PM »

Yes the sitting Governor who nearly moonwalked and bragged about winning a Michael Jackson dance competition in blackface at a press conference where he said he wasn’t wearing blackface that same year in that yearbook photo the day after apologizing for that same photo clearly has the political instincts to successfully undercut his rival.

Governor Moonwalk is playing 4D underwater chess folks.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #531 on: February 04, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »

Quiet, professorlike Mark Herring being behind this all as a long-game plan to take the Governorship is the conclusion to this whole affair we deserve.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #532 on: February 04, 2019, 05:35:21 PM »

Yes the sitting Governor who nearly moonwalked and bragged about winning a Michael Jackson dance competition in blackface at a press conference where he said he wasn’t wearing blackface that same year in that yearbook photo the day after apologizing for that same photo clearly has the political instincts to successfully undercut his rival.

You don't have to be a 4D Chess master to put out allegations to hurt a rival, though. It's actually pretty simple.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #533 on: February 04, 2019, 05:36:08 PM »

The difference is that Dr. Ford's attempted rape allegations were extremely credible and more likely than not true, as were a second woman's (Deborah Ramirez was her name IIRC) sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.  There's a big difference between saying a would-be rapist facing extremely credible allegations of both attempted rape and sexual assault does not belong on the Supreme Court and making up false allegations to try to smear a political opponent.

Many of Dr. Ford's allegations were unfounded or were discredited, to say nothing of the holes in the allegations made by both Deborah Ramirez and Julie Swetnick, especially Swetnick.

Well founded allegations versus non credible allegations art related to Party politics. You really are a hack.

My views over the Kavanaugh hearings have changed over the past few months. While I still think that Trump should have pulled his nomination and put forth Kethledge or Hardiman in Kavanaugh's place, I also believe that there was a serious rush to judgment in the matter.

Dr. Ford and Deborah Ramirez’s allegations were both extremely credible and in no way discredited.  If you think otherwise, please post specific, non-op-ed evidence to support your claims from credible sources.  The Swatnick stuff was likely a false allegation, but no one took her claims that seriously for more than like half-a-day and they’re also irrelevant given that I didn’t even bring them up.  Just b/c C is not true, doesn’t mean A or B aren’t true.

I would refer you to the memo written by the prosecutor who questioned Dr. Ford: https://static.politico.com/28/7f/80157df74b96bb352b10f8b7aa66/09-30-18-mitchell-memo-ford-allegations.pdf.

You mean the one appointed by Senate Republicans to question Dr. Ford for them?  Yeah, that’s not exactly the most objective source nor did you cite anything specific.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #534 on: February 04, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »

I've gotten the impression lately that Northam is nothing more than a bumbling buffoon of a politician not some master tactician who can cunningly undermine his rivals. And I've never got that vibe from him, I've always saw him as the congenial country doctor.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #535 on: February 04, 2019, 05:44:42 PM »

My favorite part is Fairfax’s humblebrag about her being “VERY interested in me”.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #536 on: February 04, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »

BOTH SIDES DO IT
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #537 on: February 04, 2019, 06:12:28 PM »

I understand his motivation, but how does he achieve such a goal? Especially in his current predicament?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #538 on: February 04, 2019, 06:22:49 PM »

The difference is that Dr. Ford's attempted rape allegations were extremely credible and more likely than not true, as were a second woman's (Deborah Ramirez was her name IIRC) sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.  There's a big difference between saying a would-be rapist facing extremely credible allegations of both attempted rape and sexual assault does not belong on the Supreme Court and making up false allegations to try to smear a political opponent.

Many of Dr. Ford's allegations were unfounded or were discredited, to say nothing of the holes in the allegations made by both Deborah Ramirez and Julie Swetnick, especially Swetnick.

Well founded allegations versus non credible allegations art related to Party politics. You really are a hack.

My views over the Kavanaugh hearings have changed over the past few months. While I still think that Trump should have pulled his nomination and put forth Kethledge or Hardiman in Kavanaugh's place, I also believe that there was a serious rush to judgment in the matter.

Dr. Ford and Deborah Ramirez’s allegations were both extremely credible and in no way discredited.  If you think otherwise, please post specific, non-op-ed evidence to support your claims from credible sources.  The Swatnick stuff was likely a false allegation, but no one took her claims that seriously for more than like half-a-day and they’re also irrelevant given that I didn’t even bring them up.  Just b/c C is not true, doesn’t mean A or B aren’t true.

I would refer you to the memo written by the prosecutor who questioned Dr. Ford: https://static.politico.com/28/7f/80157df74b96bb352b10f8b7aa66/09-30-18-mitchell-memo-ford-allegations.pdf.

You mean the one appointed by Senate Republicans to question Dr. Ford for them?  Yeah, that’s not exactly the most objective source nor did you cite anything specific.

Of course I should have known that you would say that. And you should be very well aware of what Mitchell's memo said.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #539 on: February 04, 2019, 06:25:08 PM »

Mark Herring is Frank Underwood/s

But in actuality Fairfax  and Northam have both handled these scandals horribly.   
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #540 on: February 04, 2019, 06:39:25 PM »

Random thought, was this going on while Obama was giving his "There is no black America or White America" speech?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #541 on: February 04, 2019, 06:56:06 PM »

I understand his motivation, but how does he achieve such a goal? Especially in his current predicament?

He's an absolute moron if he thinks he can admit to something and then take it back. The Virginia Democratic party needs to up the pressure for him to resign, he's an embarassment.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #542 on: February 04, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »

You don't have to be a 4D Chess master to put out allegations to hurt a rival, though. It's actually pretty simple.

You also don’t have to a 4D Chess master to screw up an apology, press conference, and the aftermath of it as badly as he did. Yet here we are...
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #543 on: February 04, 2019, 07:21:30 PM »

I mean he lost 40 pts with Dems virtually overnight, there really is no recovering from that.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #544 on: February 04, 2019, 08:07:20 PM »

Anyone else ready to #standwithher?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #545 on: February 04, 2019, 08:07:29 PM »

jesus christ this is such a sh!tshow.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #546 on: February 04, 2019, 08:08:56 PM »

Just curious, what makes allegations credible?

Depends on who is being accused
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #547 on: February 04, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »

Northam is clearly the Walker in this scenario with Herring as the Underwood, which makes Fairfax the Matthews, I guess?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #548 on: February 04, 2019, 08:22:53 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #549 on: February 04, 2019, 08:23:13 PM »

Just curious, what makes allegations credible?

Depends on who is being accused

No. Not at all. The strawman right-wingers like you set up this whole matter to justify supporting Bonafide rapists as president and Supreme Court Justices, Plus deciding that allegations against prominent Republicans are rebuttably presumed as false smears by the Democrats and liberal media, is all very telling.

You can project your whole sexual assault allegations are 90% political BS all you want. The reality here on how red avatars and other liberals have responded is really really different. And God do you hate that.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies