Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:42:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement  (Read 7860 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2019, 06:21:25 PM »

Super duper endorsed! Cheesy
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2019, 06:22:31 PM »

Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2019, 06:25:03 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 06:39:40 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2019, 06:43:17 PM by Lt. Gov. wxtransit »

Having had the amazing experience of knowing Lumine for more than a year now, I can say with complete certainty that he is more than qualified for this position and ready to lead Atlasia forward. While I can't say I've known TM as long, from what I've gleaned over the past months over his recent experience in Atlasia, I can say he has solid experience for the job and is a quite enjoyable person to be around. For that reason, strongly endorsed!
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 06:41:23 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 10:53:01 PM »

Happy National Golden Retriever Day to my best friend and the next First Dog of Atlasia, Benson!!! Purple heart

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 11:20:52 PM »

So to recap the election cycle so far:
-YoungTexan/Ninja form a ticket who gets a bunch of zombie endorsements
-Ninja withdrew but of course that didn’t stop the Feds from attacking Transit for bullying him off the ticket  
-YoungTexan/RC is the new ticket
-YT gets the Fed nomination
-Tmth enters
-Selects DFW as VP (continuing his pattern of attempting to go with a unity ticket of sort when trying to run for President)
-YoungTexan/RC get more Fed endorsements on forum
-YoungTexan drops out with many switching to back Tmth
-DFW drops out as VP (this one and the Ninja withdrawing I sort of understand the most of all the changes)

I just have to say that all this presidential ticket turnover is not good for the game. I get it life happens and I understand RL comes first, but I think all this turnover says something about the factions of the Federalist Party and the right of center as a whole that I think is relevant here. Sestak and I have been running for president and vice president since December 29 while you blink and there’s a change to a ticket with a Federalist on it. How can one be convinced when in office there won’t be 24/7 chaos, especially compared to the record in service Sestak and I have? Direct electability aside, how can we focus on the AFG board if officeholders keep getting sidetracked to the continued instability and turnover of the ticket that we are experiencing right now and could continue if elected?

Just to complicate matters

UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 11:35:19 PM »

Endorsed
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2019, 02:08:14 AM »

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 03:22:05 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2019, 03:30:40 AM by AustralianSwingVoter »

Quote from: Pericles on Today at 02:08:14 am

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh EXCUSE ME?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 04:47:34 AM »

alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 06:32:13 AM »

Endorsed!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »

Happy National Golden Retriever Day to my best friend and the next First Dog of Atlasia, Benson!!! Purple heart

HNGRD!
CMB222
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2019, 01:40:05 PM »

Endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »

I am proud to endorse this ticket and look forward to the real change tmth and Lumine can bring to Atlasia.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2019, 09:29:39 PM by tmthforu94 »

Tmth/Lumine for The People: Expectations

Perhaps greater than policy proposals, what can make or break an administration is its level of activity and the way it conducts itself. That is why Lumine and I felt it important to set clear expectations right away on what our administration will look like and how it will contrast from what we have seen lately.

1. Activity

This will be the most substantial difference between what you're getting now and what you'll have in our administration. I point to my office as Southern Governor to give you an idea of what our administration will look like. We'll issue executive orders and statements on various issues relevant to Atlasia, make foreign visits where we discuss trade and economic opportunity with other countries (as well as host). I will bring back the SOTU and give frequent updates on what we are doing. You know, actually do mock government!!!  At the start of the WB administration, we kept hearing that they were working hard on issues but it was all "behind the scenes." Smoke and mirrors is what it was. Our administration will be open and transparent with what we're doing, though we will not be releasing classified info.

In addition to our administration thread itself, you'll see the entire team actively engaged in debate, especially on bills that are relevant to our departments or are sponsored by the administration. I have a proven record of being active and holding others accountable, even in my own party. I was one of the first to call out the inactivity of President WB and former Governor Fairboi and also supported recall petitions for a Federalist in the Southern Chamber. I won't make excuses for someone just because they are a member of my party. In Sestak/YE's announcement, they discussed many areas where Atlasia is failing, yet failed to acknowledge that the biggest failure of the past four months has been the activity levels of an administration that both of them are actively a part of. What makes Atlasia great is The People - we have active people out there and it is time to help bring people to their potential.

2. Professionalism

There has been too much negativity in this game and a lot of toxic behavior. Discord has certainly contributed to that. While we won't be able to eliminate this completely, we aren't going to condone it. The WB administration's Discord channel openly has a thread devoted to bashing the opposition. Lumine and I are not going to do that. I'll call people out and criticize them if they are performing poorly, but my administration will not waste time sitting behind closed doors making fun of and being negative towards those who oppose us. As President, I won't see Laborites or others opposed to me as "the opposition." Unlike what we're seeing IRL America, we're simply going to have to work together, especially since Labor will probably still be in control of the Senate and possibly the House. I will admit that sometimes I fall into a persona and I will personally strive to improve my own professionalism (while still having fun with the occasional banter Smiley ). I think that creating these type of changes start at the top.

3. Legislation

Expect legislation and policy proposals to come from our administration often - both Lumine and I have shown to be actively engaged with the legislature. In times in the Southern Chamber when our bill-writing lagged, I wrote my own legislation to get things moving. From the environment to tax reform to pressing social issues, we will be promoting healthy dialogue and rigorous debate. We will also work with Congress to improve the quality of bills - even if a bill has good intentions, I'm not going to sign a bill that is poorly written or doesn't have a funding plan.

4. GM Engagement

As I've done as Southern Governor, we will work actively with the GM office by responding to stories with appropriate action. I have a great record of doing this already. The last GM update was regarding the tragic ski lodge accident in Wyoming, yet to my knowledge, no action was taken by the federal government or Fremont, whether through a statement, executive order or legislation. The only action on it that has been taken is by The South, which was an executive order I issued - see here. This is something I will be actively working with regional executives on so we can improve responsiveness across the board.

5. Executive/Cabinet Positions

We're going to hire the very best for our cabinet! This may include retaining some individuals as well as bringing in new faces. Party affiliation won't be a key factor - we're just going to look for folks who are eager and ready to chip in. We're not going to have executive titles such as Deputy Chief of Staff or Press Secretary because to my knowledge, nothing has really happened with them. Being active will be the top requirement to be in our administration - I'm ready to work with people and understand that there can be RL circumstances that come up, but continued inactivity, which we've seen from President WB and others, will not be tolerated and it won't be ignored.

This is not a comprehensive list - Lumine and I just want to give you an idea of how our administration will act if we are privileged to represent you. We're ready to hit the ground running and our active campaign will just be a glimpse of how active our administration will be.

Thank you to everyone who has shown support so far. More to come, stay tuned!! Smiley

Note: An earlier version incorrectly stated that Fremont hadn't acted on the ski lodge accident. A bill was introduced by FM Scott in the Fremont Parliament on January 26th.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2019, 08:35:04 PM »

I find it interesting, in contrast to this (Tongue) that despite being a "stable ticket", the Sestak/YE ticket has only posted once in their thread and I believe that was back in 2018. Better to be changing in an active way than to just sit there and rot like a piece of moldy bread, eh? Speaking of which, back when I was running in June 2017, I made more public posts and speeches despite being charged by, lets say certain laborites, of "running an entirely pm based campaign". I am glad this post is making its intents known publicly and not making the classic shady deals that the public has come to expect of campaigns run prior to this one.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »

I find it interesting, in contrast to this (Tongue) that despite being a "stable ticket", the Sestak/YE ticket has only posted once in their thread and I believe that was back in 2018. Better to be changing in an active way than to just sit there and rot like a piece of moldy bread, eh? Speaking of which, back when I was running in June 2017, I made more public posts and speeches despite being charged by, lets say certain laborites, of "running an entirely pm based campaign". I am glad this post is making its intents known publicly and not making the classic shady deals that the public has come to expect of campaigns run prior to this one.

Considering we’ve been very active on the AFG board doing our jobs as Senator and VP, and both us have long records of accomplishments at the federal and regional level, I find the idea that both of us are inactive absurd. I have stood against shady deals my entire tenure, dating back to April 2018 when we backed wxtransit over Pericles because he made a shady deal with LT (and I should also note Sestak unendorsed Pericles as well) and if you think that sort of culture is still prevalent on the left, look at the results of the Labor and Pax primaries this weekend.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2019, 09:10:42 PM »

Considering we’ve been very active on the AFG board doing our jobs as Senator and VP, and both us have long records of accomplishments at the federal and regional level, I find the idea that both of us are inactive absurd. I have stood against shady deals my entire tenure, dating back to April 2018 when we backed wxtransit over Pericles because he made a shady deal with LT (and I should also note Sestak unendorsed Pericles as well) and if you think that sort of culture is still prevalent on the left, look at the results of the Labor and Pax primaries this weekend.
So you guys judged Pericles based on something from April 2018, now, despite supporting him in the last cycle? Kind of weirdddd but ok. I did not say you are inactive (your words, not mine!), but it is....odd that your AFE thread has been utterly inactive since December 2018 and the vast majority of your endorsements were received in early january or late december....
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2019, 09:13:05 PM »

Leaving aside specific issues with these tickets(though people know my position on them now), I think that active campaigns that post frequently and make their positions and agenda clear to the Atlasian people are a good thing. I have always tried to do this in my political career as I feel people should be informed as to where I stand, and while you can use PMs to increase your support(and probably should), there's no reason not to communicate honestly with the full Atlasian public. February 2018 was in this respect a great campaign as all 3 tickets, but especially myself and fhtagn, engaged with the Atlasian public in a strong and clear discussion of the issues and the choice Atlasia faced, while I was disappointed that the last two left-wing campaigns(Ninja and weatherboy) were not very active in this manner. I think this is a separate issue in a way from activity generally. I also find it odd that YE seems to imply I have engaged in unethical behavior in my term in office when this is simply not the case and there is no reason to believe it would be, and that he's probably overly generous to the rest of the left in his assessment.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2019, 09:13:36 PM »

Re: ski lodge I believe Scott introduced a bill to adopt our building code but it hasn't made it to the floor yet.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 09:15:32 PM »

Re: ski lodge I believe Scott introduced a bill to adopt our building code but it hasn't made it to the floor yet.

Correct. We discussed this as soon as it happened and Scott said he’d type up something and several days later, he did.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2019, 09:25:07 PM »

Correct. We discussed this as soon as it happened and Scott said he’d type up something and several days later, he did.
You're right, I stand corrected on that point. I was only looking at statements made in your FM thread and what has been actively discussed on the floor, I didn't look at the legislation introduction thread.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »

So you guys judged Pericles based on something from April 2018, now, despite supporting him in the last cycle? Kind of weirdddd but ok. I did not say you are inactive (your words, not mine!), but it is....odd that your AFE thread has been utterly inactive since December 2018 and the vast majority of your endorsements were received in early january or late december....

I personally felt in April 2018 that Pericles needed to be held accountable for his unethical action, and by costing PUsp a Senate Seat seat, he was. I forgave him, much like in the way the right foregave LT and let him earn his way back to office (and both of them did).

As for the explicit AFE thread, that thread was launched the day the campaign thread long before the election largely so YT couldn’t scoop up zombies. I’ve posted in there once a few days back to thank our present supporters, but haven’t yet felt the need to explicitly post there further for reasons I’ll address below. I will say during this time, I’ve maintained 2 office threads and despite not having a say in Congressional votes unless there is a tie, have tried to comment on as many Congressional threads as I can in order to I, as presiding officer, keep debate going. We took instant action the moment you want to clown around in Alaska. Going back to the thread bit, I’m sure we’ll be posting there more as the campaign creeps up on us; keep in mind one could argue it’s still early. You yourself didn’t launch your first campaign until early February and AFAIK until recently, eight week long campaigns were not the norm.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »

TM has a great relationship with Apple leaders and helped initiate change. Apple is a big employer and leader in technological advancements in Atlasia. As your President I will work so hard to bring more jobs to Atlasia and promote economic growth!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies