Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:55:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement  (Read 7897 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2019, 06:37:03 PM by tmthforu94 »

Tmthforu94/Lumine: For The People

I am running for President. Lumine will be joining me on the ticket.

Why now?

I initially declined a run because I’ve enjoyed serving as Southern Governor – we have accomplished so much in the last 7 months and have a stable, well-run region. I think the future in The South is bright and wanted to play a big part in leading the region forward. I trusted that we’d have great national leaders step forward and take the lead at a time when Atlasia desperately needs leadership. I haven’t been inspired. The meme tickets have stirred more activity/interest than the serious tickets that are running quiet campaigns. I think Atlasia deserves better.

My Background

I point to my record as Southern Governor – this type of leadership and activity is what you’ll see if I’m your president. The federal government has to be on the same page with the GM team and the regions – this is critical for me. We were recently at war with China yet it had little effect on regional legislation and many probably didn’t even know it was happening. Mr. Reactionary has a bold plan as Game Moderator and I think we have an opportunity to capitalize on this by turning this game into a real mock government where we are responding to issues/crises as they arise. Wiki reform will be vital – having a user-friendly Wiki helps the game thrive long-term and is a good introduction for new members looking to get involved. Most importantly, my team will be actively engaged with The People. The game has gotten too nasty and personal – political drama is fun and it keeps the game going, but we have to maintain a level of decency and respect that has been lacking.

On a TBH note, I have a past in this game and have had dark spots – I’m sure that will come to light during this election. It's what happens when you've played a game for 10 years since you were 14 years old!!! I’m not going to run away from it, I’m owning that I haven’t been perfect, but I have moved on and grown up since then. When I was initially going to run in October 2016, the attacks against me felt personal, and combined with RL health issues, I felt overwhelmed playing this game. Since rejoining in late 2017, I’ve come to not take this game as seriously and am just trying to have a good time and help others do the same.

If you want more of the same, there are other options out there. Our differences in policy and style will be made apparent throughout the course of this campaign. If you want an administration that is actively engaged with The People and ready to go “all-in” then this is the ticket you need to vote for.

Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 07:36:20 PM »

Proudly Endorsed!!!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:42:23 PM »

For those wondering, I did speak to Peebs about running a serious campaign (TM/Peb! 4ever Purple heart)  but she felt more comfortable remaining in her current position instead of becoming VP.
Can confirm.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »

Endorsed
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 08:07:22 PM »

endorsed
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 08:12:46 PM »

endorsed
Galaxie

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 05:17:00 PM »

TMTH FOR DFW THE PEOPLE
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 07:29:20 PM »

Endorsed!
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 07:30:37 PM »

Endorsed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »

I have great respect for Young Texan and ReaganClinton and wish both of them the very best. More to come soon, currently in Nyman in meetings.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »

Endorsed
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 08:25:53 PM »

Endorsed!
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 01:53:54 AM »

Endorsed
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 09:21:32 AM »

Endorsed!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

Endorsed!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 08:36:46 PM »

Due to real life business and honestly not being able to help this campaign in many ways, along with being unsure if I can serve as VP effectively (due to being so busy), I must withdraw from the ticket, I wish everyone involved the best of luck Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 08:38:35 PM »

Very sad that DFW is no longer on the ticket but understandable - I always tell people that RL always comes first, no worries!!! I will remain in the race and will find a replacement VP candidate that is very strong and will do a great job. The VP position is a tough position - you will see big proposals coming from my campaign on how to reform the position to make it better.

I’ll be having quick discussions and plan to announce a new VP tomorrow.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 09:09:17 PM »

You have my vote Tmth!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 09:10:55 PM »

Endorsed. You're the Santa Ana of Atlasia Tongue
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 10:38:21 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2019, 10:44:34 PM by VP YE »

So to recap the election cycle so far:
-YoungTexan/Ninja form a ticket who gets a bunch of zombie endorsements
-Ninja withdrew but of course that didn’t stop the Feds from attacking Transit for bullying him off the ticket  
-YoungTexan/RC is the new ticket
-YT gets the Fed nomination
-Tmth enters
-Selects DFW as VP (continuing his pattern of attempting to go with a unity ticket of sort when trying to run for President)
-YoungTexan/RC get more Fed endorsements on forum
-YoungTexan drops out with many switching to back Tmth
-DFW drops out as VP (this one and the Ninja withdrawing I sort of understand the most of all the changes)

I just have to say that all this presidential ticket turnover is not good for the game. I get it life happens and I understand RL comes first, but I think all this turnover says something about the factions of the Federalist Party and the right of center as a whole that I think is relevant here. Sestak and I have been running for president and vice president since December 29 while you blink and there’s a change to a ticket with a Federalist on it. How can one be convinced when in office there won’t be 24/7 chaos, especially compared to the record in service Sestak and I have? Direct electability aside, how can we focus on the AFG board if officeholders keep getting sidetracked to the continued instability and turnover of the ticket that we are experiencing right now and could continue if elected?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 10:54:44 PM »

So to recap the election cycle so far:
-YoungTexan/Ninja form a ticket who gets a bunch of zombie endorsements
-Ninja withdrew but of course that didn’t stop the Feds from attacking Transit for bullying him off the ticket  
-YoungTexan/RC is the new ticket
-YT gets the Fed nomination
-Tmth enters
-Selects DFW as VP (continuing his pattern of attempting to go with a unity ticket of sort when trying to run for President)
-YoungTexan/RC get more Fed endorsements on forum
-YoungTexan drops out with many switching to back Tmth
-DFW drops out as VP (this one and the Ninja withdrawing I sort of understand the most of all the changes)

I just have to say that all this presidential ticket turnover is not good for the game. I get it life happens and I understand RL comes first, but I think all this turnover says something about the factions of the Federalist Party and the right of center as a whole that I think is relevant here. Sestak and I have been running for president and vice president since December 29 while you blink and there’s a change to a ticket with a Federalist on it. How can one be convinced when in office there won’t be 24/7 chaos, especially compared to the record in service Sestak and I have? Direct electability aside, how can we focus on the AFG board if officeholders keep getting sidetracked to the continued instability and turnover of the ticket that we are experiencing right now and could continue if elected?
uwu the hackishness is strong here, the feds and/or right wing took a long time to settle down on a ticket in October 2016 and things turned out fine on that front for sure, also, the most stable ticket for a long time in the June 2017 cycle was dfw/goldwater....and how did that turn out? Trying to settle down on a ticket in advance of an election has absolutely zero indication on how a presidency will turn out, in fact, I would think someone like you would be happy that that the YT ticket got "bounced".....lol
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2019, 03:46:46 PM »

This whole debacle does make me ask, how many more VP's will Tmth have? Over/under 2.5?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2019, 06:11:01 PM »

Announced of Vice Presidential Selection

Good afternoon. Due to DFW's withdrawal from the ticket, I became tasked with finding another qualified person to fill in. The VP role requires a lot of work - when searching, I was not looking at party labels, but rather trying to find another Atlasian who is experienced and knows Congress well and can provide leadership there, as the last 3+ months have been unproductive.

As I stated in my announcement speech, I decided to run because I wasn't impressed with the field. RL things and in-game drama happen often to almost all of us - left, center and right. This can create instability in the game and there's always a chance of it happening, but through it all, the most important aspect is strong leadership. The South perhaps had the most legislative turnover during the latter half of 2018 for a variety of reasons, yet we still accomplished so much, passing more legislation than any other region. Through times of adversity, I have proven I can lead. My Vice President is someone who possesses the same drive and commitment to improving this game as I do, and we're ready to provide real solutions to the problems facing Atlasia.

I am extremely proud (and humbled) to announce the next Vice President of Atlasia: Lumine. There is a lot of experience between the two of us, but it doesn't stop there. We both recognize that there are problems facing this game and are ready and capable to start tackling them head on. We are going to be ambitious and we are going to make great things happen in Atlasia!

We're excited. We're ready to get to work for The People. Join us, more to come!!!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2019, 06:14:09 PM »

Vice-Presidential acceptance speech:

I think the first thing that has to be said is that this has been one weird election.

Truly, it has.

But leaving aside the strangeness of this election, we must admit to ourselves that despite the many factors that have gone into this wild ride the state of the nation is indeed one of them. Simply put, it would not appear that the situation in Atlasia when it comes to apathy, to activity, to the outsourcing of the game into Discord and such other problems is improving at all, even accounting for the officeholders who set up an example and actually improve the game through their work. Regardless of whether you are in the left or in the right, independent or partisan, new or old, I think we can all reasonably agree that the way things are going right now has to change.

Tmthforu is someone I first met about six and a half years ago – if you can believe it -, and to be precise he was the second Atlasian to approach me. Back then he already was a successful former President and the inspiring leader of our most vibrant region in the nation, and he was kind enough to introduce me into many aspects of the game and essentially serve as my very first mentor into Atlasia. So you can understand why, after so many years of having seen him in action in different capacities and scenarios, and despite not always seeing eye to eye I have the outmost confidence on this man and the fundamental quality which is so badly needed right now: leadership.

Having already been asked by others to play a more prominent role during this presidential campaign and having consistently turned down those kind, even surprising offers, it was nonetheless a matter of deep reflection when this opportunity was put to me. After all, the office of the Vice-President is one on which my thoughts on are more than well-known. But the more I thought of it, the more I found myself not only open to the idea, but genuinely interested in the prospect of this ticket and of teaming up with Tmthforu even in the most unlikely of scenarios. Because ultimately, when all is said and done, I trust this man.

At this point, ladies and gentlemen, be either through my endless speeches or reform initiatives you more or less know who I am and where I stand. As a former President, Vice-President, PPT and so many other offices I am fully prepared to fulfill the responsibilities of my office and hopefully expand on them, serving a new, dynamic and decisive administration loyally and actively, fulfilling my constitutional responsibilities as President of the Congress and as an advisor to the President by virtue of the experience I’ve accumulated on these years of service to the Republic.

As two former Presidents with a long career and many accomplishments behind us Tmthforu and I know what can be done and what needs to be done, and if elected we could provide the leadership and the energy we need in the White House to turn this nation around and lead the fight against apathy and mediocrity. So today I ask you, regardless of partisan affiliation or longevity in Atlasia to reflect on this ticket, what it stands for and more importantly what it can offer to Atlasia, and then make your decision.

Judge not, my friends, when a ticket declares.

Judge what it can do for the nation.

Lumine
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »

Strongly endorsed!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to: