1996 Wild Rewind Election Game (Gameplay)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:53:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1996 Wild Rewind Election Game (Gameplay)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1996 Wild Rewind Election Game (Gameplay)  (Read 1115 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2019, 01:20:31 AM »

This is going to be the game play thread for the 1996 Game.

In order to post here, please make sure you ask to run in the Signup thread. After that, this is going to be where speeches are made, updates are given, polling is given, results are given, where ads are ran, etc.

Make sure to have fun!
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 02:06:04 AM »

Reporter: We now come to Scranton, Pennsylvania, where the former governor, Bob Casey, is making an announcement regarding a presidential decision. Let's listen in:

"...but in recent years, it has become apparent to many folk, myself included, that the Democratic Party has lost it's way. No longer is it the party of the working man, the single mother raising a family, or the elderly couple. It instead has embraced a radicalized platform of abortion-on-demand, ridiculing the religious as "backwards," and taxing and spending from here to kingdom come.

I have thought long and hard about this ever since that fateful July day back in 1992, when I was barred from speaking at the National Convention for these same reasons. I was mocked and laughed at by the party, the same party I had admired for all of my life. So, after much reflection, discussion, and prayer, I have concluded that there is only one way to take back our party: By force.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am indeed running for the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States! We can't let our party be hijacked-we must fight back!..."

There you have it. Bob Casey, insurgent candidate for president. Now, as of right now he is the only declared Democrat, but it remains to be seen whether other candidates jump in, as President Clinton is expected to seek a second term, and, well, primarying a sitting president isn't something many people want to do.

As for Casey, he is not currently holding any office, which gives him a big advantage in that he can campaign without having to balance his schedule between his duties and his run.

Reporting from Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 04:55:11 PM »

President Clinton announces reelection bid

We now bring our cameras to the south lawn of the white house where President Clinton, Vice President Gore, and the first family are assembled.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There you have it folks, Bill Clinton is running for reelection. He is going to face a challenge with New York Governor Mario Cuomo and Pennsylvania Governor Robert "Bob" Casey challenging him for the Democratic nomination. President Clinton is popular within the party, but both Cuomo, and Casey represent competing wings of the Democratic party.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »

GOV. CASEY ANNOUNCES EARLY SCHEDULE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Today, Governor Casey, candidate for President, announced his schedule for January 28-February 14, 1995.

1/28: Rally in Des Moines, IA
         Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

1/29: Rally in Davenport, IA
         Rally in Mount Pleasant, IA
         Rally in Bloomfield, IA

1/30: Rally in Waterloo, IA
         Rally in Nashua, IA

1/31: Fundraiser in Concord, NH
         Rally in Dover, NH

2/2: Rally in Claremont, NH

2/4: Meeting with union leaders in Lebanon, NH
       Fundraiser in New London, NH

2/5: Rally in Berlin, NH

2/6: Rally in Charleston, SC
       Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC

2/7: Rally in Lexington, SC
       Rally in Anderson, SC
       Rally in Spartanburg, SC

2/8: Fundraiser in Scranton, PA
       Fundraiser in Philadelphia, PA

2/9: Rally in Reno, NV
       Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV

2/11: Rally in Lansing, MI
         Rally in Sioux City, IA

2/12: Rally in Fort Dodge, IA
         Fundraiser in Fort Dodge, IA

2/13: Rally in Burlington, VT
         Rally in Rochester, NH

2/14: Fundraiser in New York, NY
         Rally in New Haven, CT
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 06:27:22 PM »

Jim Bunning Announcement speech on January 27th 1995

Thank you thank you!

Throughout this administration we have seen attacks on our second amendment such as Brady Bill and the Assault Weapon ban. Tax raises on working people and a bad trade deal that gives more jobs and goods to Mexico and China.

It is with honor that I am declaring a run for the Republican Nomination and bring the Amercia the Founding Fathers had back!!
 Free enterprise and trade, The gold standard and to adult the Federal Reserrve thank you!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 07:20:26 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2019, 07:32:16 PM by jakobisgood »

POLLING UPDATE

With a couple days passed, there has been a polling update. On the Democratic Side,the current polling is:

Bill Clinton - 67%
Bob Casey - 16%
Mario Cuomo - 5%
Lyndon LaRouche
Undecided - 5%

The polling on the Republican Side is:

Lamar Alexander - 22%
George W. Bush - 28%
Colin Powell - 17%
Jim Bunning - 11%
Arlen Specter - 2%
Undecided - 20%

The current credits everyone has is:

Bill Clinton: 4
Bob Casey: 3
Mario Cuomo: 2
Lamar Alexander: 2
George W. Bush: 3
Colin Powell: 2
Jim Bunning: 1
Lyndon LaRouche: 1
Arlen Specter: 0

For reminder, the credits go towards:

1 Credit: Current Representative or Minor State Official Endorsement
2 Credits: Current Member of the Cabinet, or a Former Government Official Endorsement
3 Credits: Current Senator, Large Corporation or Union, or something else (must pm for permission)
4 Credits: Former President or Vice President

All endorsements must be approved by me.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 07:50:51 PM »

POLLING UPDATE

With a couple days passed, there has been a polling update. On the Democratic Side,the current polling is:

Bill Clinton - 67%
Bob Casey - 16%
Mario Cuomo - 5%
Lyndon LaRouche
Undecided - 5%

The polling on the Republican Side is:

Lamar Alexander - 22%
George W. Bush - 28%
Colin Powell - 17%
Jim Bunning - 11%
Arlen Specter - 2%
Undecided - 20%

The current credits everyone has is:

Bill Clinton: 4
Bob Casey: 3
Mario Cuomo: 2
Lamar Alexander: 2
George W. Bush: 3
Colin Powell: 2
Jim Bunning: 1
Lyndon LaRouche: 1
Arlen Specter: 0

For reminder, the credits go towards:

1 Credit: Current Representative or Minor State Official Endorsement
2 Credits: Current Member of the Cabinet, or a Former Government Official Endorsement
3 Credits: Current Senator, Large Corporation or Union, or something else (must pm for permission)
4 Credits: Former President or Vice President

All endorsements must be approved by me.

You forgot to include McCain in the poll.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 08:20:33 PM »

Mario Cuomo to run for President

Flanked by Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy and his son Andrew, former New York governor Mario Cuomo declared that he would running for President in 1996 as a liberal alternative to Clinton.

President Clinton, backed by that favourite New Demcorat organisation,the Democratic Leadership Council has failed the liberal crowd. He gave up on universal healthcare before the fight was through. We hve forgotten what it means to be Democrats. We have pursued fiscal conservatism and shamefully introduced the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy. We expanded th3 death penalty to include people who have not committed murder themselves.

I have concerns about the longevity of Glass-Steagall under the future of this administration. We are not the moderate party, we are the Democratic Party. We support the working man and woman of this country! We are meant to be the liberal party! That is why today I am declaring that I am challenging President Clinton for the Democratic Presidential nomination in 1996!
loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 09:25:33 PM »

Lyndon LaRouche announces 6th run for president.

Lyndon LaRouche speaks in Leesburg, Virginia:

"...under Bill Clinton, the Democratic Party has abandoned the ideas that we grew up with. They have given in to the establishment with deregulation, globalism, and military intervention. They now embrace the ideology of radical feminism and homosexuality. We need to bring the Democratic Party back to the party of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. There is a reason that the biggest wins for the Democrats were under him. That is why I am announcing that I will be running for the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States."
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 09:40:30 AM »

Collin Powell to announce Candidacy for President in New York City, New York

"Thank you, Thank you. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am honored to be standing amongst all of you today to announce my Candidacy for the Republican Nomination of this great country. Over the past few years, terrorism has been on the rise and American might has fallen apart as we begin the process of Nation Building. Such an idea, while indeed noble for many, will overextend the US Military and force us to be in too many places at once. We may want to think we are the world's police force but we are, under no circumstances, capable of doing that. We can't stop everything by overextending ourselves across the globe. I believe most of our young troops should return home to be with their families and be in the reserves to be called upon if needed, having the rest of our military be stationed with our allies in order to help protect them from any acts of unrest.

Once that is done, then we can begin planning out ways to deal with terrorist cells. Instead of putting boots in the ground in every country suspected of terrorist activities, we should instead put intelligence in charge to give us detailed information about the suspicions. As President, I wouldn't send young men to die for my own ambition. I know the names of men who died in wars in Vietnam and in the Gulf War and I intend to limit more casualties as much as possible.

I am running for the betterment of our military and for the betterment of our country. Thank you! I will see all of you quite soon!
"
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 08:11:32 PM »

Statement from Gov. Casey

The first polling has emerged in the race for President. Our campaign, despite going against a sitting president, already has the support of nearly 1/5th of the party! We have just begun this campaign, and already we have received so much positive feedback and reactions. I also believe, that with a year between now and the first elections, we can greatly improve our numbers and win the nomination! Thank you all for your support!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »

John McCain's New Hampshire Schedule

February 1-7 : Campaign in Concord, Franklin, Canterbury, Allenstown, Loudon, New London on economic issues, tax cuts, spending cuts, energy, free enterprise and free trade

February 8-15 : Campaign in Manchester, Nashua, Merrimack, New Boston, Greenville, Greenfield, Hillsborough, Goffstown, Bedford, Portsmouth, Deering and Hudson where McCain calls for a stronger national security and a stronger military in order to counter the threats facing America after the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and after Bill Clinton's failure to cut a denuclearization deal with North Korea in 1994

February 16-23 : Campaign in Portsmouth, Nashua, Manchester, Seabrook, Brentwood, Auburn, Atkinson, Laconia, Belmont, Keene, Leabanon on McCain's maverick stances

February 24-28 : Senate duties in Washington D.C.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies