Post Random Maps Here 3.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:08:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post Random Maps Here 3.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post Random Maps Here 3.0  (Read 171622 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: July 23, 2020, 02:09:45 AM »

2016 without third parties

So for this I added the right wing third party vote (Johnson, McMullin, Castle, whoever else was on the ballot) to Trump's total and the left wing third party (mostly Stein) to Clinton's total in the states where nobody hit 50%. And here's the total:

Trump + RW 3rd Parties: 342 EV; 49.9%
Clinton + LW 3rd Parties: 196 EV; 49.2%
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:32:45 AM »

So for this I added the right wing third party vote (Johnson, McMullin, Castle, whoever else was on the ballot) to Trump's total and the left wing third party (mostly Stein) to Clinton's total in the states where nobody hit 50%. And here's the total:

Why is the total not 100%?
Write-ins and candidates like Rocky De La Fuente who don't really fit in either way. plus I didn't bother adding candidates who got less than 0.01% of the PV
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:51:35 AM »

Why is the total not 100%?
Write-ins and candidates like Rocky De La Fuente who don't really fit in either way. plus I didn't bother adding candidates who got less than 0.01% of the PV

A lot of write-ins were Bernie Sanders. I would also consider Rocky right-wing, although maybe I am wrong.

Ricardo De La Fuente - Rocky's son - is apparently more successful than his father, by the way, since he is now the Democratic nominee for Texas's 27th district.
The De La Fuentes don't have much of an ideology. Rocky ran as a Democrat for president in 2016 at first, then he became a Republican to run in a whole bunch of senate primaries in 2018 and for president and congress in 2020. Ricardo's always run as a Democrat. Rocky III too. They just join the party which is most convenient for them to run whatever perennial campaign they want to run.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »

A lot of write-ins were Bernie Sanders. I would also consider Rocky right-wing, although maybe I am wrong.

Ricardo De La Fuente - Rocky's son - is apparently more successful than his father, by the way, since he is now the Democratic nominee for Texas's 27th district.
The De La Fuentes don't have much of an ideology. Rocky ran as a Democrat for president in 2016 at first, then he became a Republican to run in a whole bunch of senate primaries in 2018 and for president and congress in 2020. Ricardo's always run as a Democrat. Rocky III too. They just join the party which is most convenient for them to run whatever perennial campaign they want to run.

Does the American Delta Party have an ideology? I am asking seriously.
https://rocky101.com/en_us/en/issues-2/

Seems generally left leaning - single payer and amnesty for illegal immigrants. But also supports charter schools and raising the Social Security retirement age.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies