Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 09:04:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 130904 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: April 21, 2019, 04:49:25 AM »

That's one-sixth of the entire SC House Democratic caucus: not shabby at all. It probably doesn't hurt that Sanders is putting in a lot of work in SC (to be fair, he also did in 2016 - it was just too late in the game to make a difference by the time he started).

What do you think is the best case scenario for him % wise in Carolina-South?

Assuming Biden is in, he's going to suck up a sh**t-ton of black and older voters in the South, so a (relatively) strong second in the low to mid 20s is about as good as I could expect as of now (we're still a long ways out).
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #1276 on: April 21, 2019, 10:32:50 AM »

jesus this is a large thread
Thatkat04
« Reply #1277 on: April 22, 2019, 12:26:37 PM »

It seems like the Sander's camp is going for the "burn everything down" approach again. I have yet to see any other campaign's surrogates go as hard against other candidates as Bernie's have so far. It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth, especially at this early stage of the race.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1278 on: April 22, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »

It seems like the Sander's camp is going for the "burn everything down" approach again. I have yet to see any other campaign's surrogates go as hard against other candidates as Bernie's have so far. It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth, especially at this early stage of the race.

He's been a terribly divisive figure since he started interjecting himself into Democratic Party politics.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1279 on: April 22, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »

How is Sanders going hard against the other candidates? He hasnt made any attacks against the rest of the field yet.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1280 on: April 22, 2019, 02:02:59 PM »

^I think they meant specifically his surrogates, though I'm still not sure which ones in particular they're referring to. Still, I really don't think Sanders himself can be blamed for the fact that some take their support of him to an unhealthy obsession. As I've said in other threads, if we judge candidates on their worst supporters, there are no good candidates.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1281 on: April 22, 2019, 02:30:39 PM »

How is Sanders going hard against the other candidates? He hasnt made any attacks against the rest of the field yet.

It's part of Sanders act, pretend to be above the fray while your nasty surrogates and campaign officials wreak havoc. It's about time people start calling him out and holding him personally responsible for the nasty vitriol of many of his supporters. We attempt to do the same with Trump, why the double standard with Bernie?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1282 on: April 22, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »

He literally put some of his vilest and nastiest supporters into top positions in his campaign. People who published outright lies about Clinton and gloated about voting Jill Stein in swing states all the way up until November 8. Somehow Sanders is responsible for none of this and we should move the hell on. Meanwhile he was bemoaning superdelegates supporting Clinton at a rally not even two weeks ago.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1283 on: April 22, 2019, 02:50:10 PM »

He literally put some of his vilest and nastiest supporters into top positions in his campaign. People who published outright lies about Clinton and gloated about voting Jill Stein in swing states all the way up until November 8. Somehow Sanders is responsible for none of this and we should move the hell on. Meanwhile he was bemoaning superdelegates supporting Clinton at a rally not even two weeks ago.

Sanders has a bold agenda to get rid of corporate greed. Just like Obama reformed banks. Sanders has the momentum. He isnt everyone's first choice for nomination.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1284 on: April 22, 2019, 02:55:23 PM »

I have yet to see any evidence that shows that Sanders directly supported attacks against Clinton during the general election. All I see is whining from his opponents.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1285 on: April 22, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »

I have yet to see any evidence that shows that Sanders directly supported attacks against Clinton during the general election. All I see is whining from his opponents.
Uh... I didn’t say that. I said that Bernie 2020 has hired individuals who published false stories about Clinton masquerading as journalism, and folks who maliciously attacked her character and encouraged people to vote for Jill Stein. Him hiring them into top positions is indicative of what kind of campaign he’s running. All of this is fine but Bernie must write letters crying about how the big bad mean people at CAP said he was a millionaire? K.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1286 on: April 22, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »

Uh... I didn’t say that. I said that Bernie 2020 has hired individuals who published false stories about Clinton masquerading as journalism, and folks who maliciously attacked her character and encouraged people to vote for Jill Stein. Him hiring them into top positions is indicative of what kind of campaign he’s running. All of this is fine but Bernie must write letters crying about how the big bad mean people at CAP said he was a millionaire? K.

Get over yourself, mate. We know you have a psychotic hatred of Sanders and that every single bad thing that comes out for the Democratic primary is because of him.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1287 on: April 22, 2019, 07:21:15 PM »

Get over yourself, mate. We know you have a psychotic hatred of Sanders and that every single bad thing that comes out for the Democratic primary is because of him.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1288 on: April 22, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »

It's part of Sanders act, pretend to be above the fray while your nasty surrogates and campaign officials wreak havoc. It's about time people start calling him out and holding him personally responsible for the nasty vitriol of many of his supporters. We attempt to do the same with Trump, why the double standard with Bernie?
Are you really asking why Donald “punch that guy in the face and I’ll pay your fine” Trump gets called out but Bernie Sanders hasn’t?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1289 on: April 22, 2019, 07:37:50 PM »

Was anything I said a lie or are you just going to lob personal attacks at me?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1290 on: April 22, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »

Are you really asking why Donald “punch that guy in the face and I’ll pay your fine” Trump gets called out but Bernie Sanders hasn’t?

Yup. These will be the same people who argue that the other candidates are miles better because thy stay above the fray.

Don't go above the fray. This isn't fairy land where everything is cupcakes and rainbows. It's politics. When your opponent is on their back, you don't take your foot off their throat. You do that for one second, and you're finished.
bilaps
« Reply #1291 on: April 22, 2019, 07:44:18 PM »

Everything you say is a lie. Just in general.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1292 on: April 22, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »

Yes on both counts.

CAP is not progressive, so the name is a lie straight out the gate. The attack was disingenuous and pretending otherwise does not reflect that well on you.

Second, I have no objection to putting the meanest, nastiest people in top positions. It's politics, not fairy rainbow land. If they spread lies about Clinton, then that is obviously too fair, but most of your argument, yet again, boils down to 'Sanders supporters are idiots", which you're actually on record as saying.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1293 on: April 22, 2019, 07:57:45 PM »

CAP is a vile disgraceful attacks engaging in low level attacks whose aim is to hamstring progressive politics & it is run by a Clinton hack in Neera Tanden.

It was disgusting to see them making such Trump type comments. Sanders is making a major mistake going soft on people like in 2016. He doesn't have to personally attack people but he needs to run a stronger campaign. Many contenders have said negative things about him & he needs to expose these people policy wise atleast.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1294 on: April 22, 2019, 08:02:03 PM »

*completely ignores the points made about the toxic campaign Bernie is running*

You people are crazy. I'm done with this thread.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1295 on: April 22, 2019, 08:02:56 PM »

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1296 on: April 22, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »

I’ll be fair to Beto Bro it is hypocritical to one the one hand to praise this idea of being tough and nasty but then be on the cross about how Bernie was “robbed” (and I use those words in quotations because he wasn’t) in 2016
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1297 on: April 22, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »

I’ll be fair to Beto Bro it is hypocritical to one the one hand to praise this idea of being tough and nasty but then be on the cross about how Bernie was “robbed” (and I use those words in quotations because he wasn’t) in 2016

Not arguing that point. Having thought about it more and more, it's the only real logical answer left. Not backing down on the tough and nasty point though.
bilaps
« Reply #1298 on: April 22, 2019, 08:20:48 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2019, 08:28:40 PM by bilaps »

Bernie gets tougher questions at this townhall than at the Fox News one. Some pretty much stupid ones.

Oh, come on this last question on socialism. "you want to implement socialism like in USSR". really?Huh
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1299 on: April 22, 2019, 08:56:36 PM »

Not a good look by bernie saying boston bomber should be able to vote.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies