Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:06:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129837 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 04, 2019, 06:13:01 PM »

Oh for God's sake.  Suddenly going on Fox has made him an enemy of the Democratic Party? That seems to be the message I'm getting.

If Democrats restrict their messaging by excluding Fox News, they're no better than Trump is when he does media appearances.

Oh, there’s nothing sudden about this. Some Democrats have seen him as the “enemy” ever since he didn’t drop out immediately after losing South Carolina badly. A small percentage of his supporters are nuts, to be fair, but the people who complain the most on Twitter about “Berniebros” would have a tantrum at the news of him eating a grape. The hypocrisy is real.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1101 on: April 04, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »

I seriously think there's something shady with Bernie's tax. No reason to not just release them and keep doing this stalling with the media.

Maybe Bernard and Trump are both in bed with Putin and the Russian mob.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1102 on: April 04, 2019, 07:58:49 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2019, 08:13:33 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

The last ten years of Sanders' tax returns will be released on the fifteenth; Sanders challenges Trump to do the same:

What a leader! Can't wait to call this man our next President.

Only after three other candidates released theirs and after 4 years of pressure. What a leader! SLAY daddy Bernie 👏🏻👏🏻😩😩👌🏻👌🏻
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #1103 on: April 04, 2019, 08:07:26 PM »

The last ten years of Sanders' tax returns will be released on the fifteenth; Sanders challenges Trump to do the same:

Only after three other candidates released their tax returns, and after 4 years of pressure. What a leader! SLAY daddy Bernie 👏🏻👏🏻😩😩👌🏻👌🏻
lol
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1104 on: April 04, 2019, 08:23:42 PM »

Only after three other candidates released theirs and after 4 years of pressure. What a leader! SLAY daddy Bernie 👏🏻👏🏻😩😩👌🏻👌🏻

Uh lmao hasn’t Harris not released hers either?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1105 on: April 04, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »

"People on the right have said..." LOL nope. Anyway, I'm sure that the attack will be modified to asking why he didn't do it sooner, but hopefully he'll at least put this argument against him to rest.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1106 on: April 04, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »

No one is demanding to see it out of suspicion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, it's not like I don't want her to. But to call ogle and call Bernie a leader for releasing it after four years of pressure is classic Bernie bro worship.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1107 on: April 04, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »

Besides, it's not like I don't want her to. But to call ogle and call Bernie a leader for releasing it after four years of pressure is classic Bernie bro worship.

So what do you expect to find in Bernei's returns? All Senators are required to file annual financial disclosures, which is why reasonable people aren't demanding the returns of US Senators.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1108 on: April 05, 2019, 12:55:14 AM »

LOL, that's literally from four years ago. It's telling that you had to go back then (when Trump still hadn't labeled the media as "enemy of the people") to find something.
Bumaye

« Reply #1109 on: April 05, 2019, 12:57:23 AM »

So what do you expect to find in Bernei's returns? All Senators are required to file annual financial disclosures, which is why reasonable people aren't demanding the returns of US Senators.

Yeah I don't get what people expect to find. Campaign contributions to Maduro? Black jack and hookers in Atlantic City? A child sex ring in a pizza restaurant?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1110 on: April 05, 2019, 01:59:45 AM »

LOL, that's literally from four years ago. It's telling that you had to go back then (when Trump still hadn't labeled the media as "enemy of the people") to find something.

Uhh, yeah (though not 4 years ago), when he was actually running for something?

Surely your argument [now] isn't that Trump doesn't do townhalls in the years in between elections, but somehow Sanders is in the wrong for doing the same as a candidate. Way to defend Trump!

And way to move the goalposts. It's obvious you just pulled your initial quip out of your ass without realizing what actually happened.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1111 on: April 05, 2019, 02:03:18 AM »

Surely your argument [now] isn't that Trump doesn't do townhalls in the years in between elections, but somehow Sanders is a hypocrite for doing the same as a candidate.

Way to move the goalposts. It's obvious you just pulled your initial quip out of your ass without realizing what actually happened.

What goalposts did I move? Trump has given a zillion interviews to Fox as president but not a single one to CNN or MSNBC. And he is running for reelection, as far as I know.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1112 on: April 05, 2019, 02:10:05 AM »

Surely your argument [now] isn't that Trump doesn't do townhalls in the years in between elections, but somehow Sanders is a hypocrite for doing the same as a candidate.

Way to move the goalposts. It's obvious you just pulled your initial quip out of your ass without realizing what actually happened.

What goalposts did I move? Trump has given a zillion interviews to Fox as president but not a single one to CNN or MSNBC. And he is running for reelection, as far as I know.

I must have missed the part where Sanders simultaneously became President. I don't expect any Democratic President will be going on Fox to do townhalls 2 years after their election and 2 years before their re-election (because it's pointless). It's not pointless for candidates from either party to maximize their media exposure as a challenger or a non-incumbent.

Additionally, Trump isn't actively campaigning for re-election yet in the traditional sense. If/once he does, he will appear on these networks at minimum during the general election (there isn't going to be a serious primary for him this time, so of course he won't be going on these networks during that period). This election is different from 2016 because there's an incumbent/it's not a completely open race for both parties in both sets of elections.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1113 on: April 05, 2019, 03:31:42 AM »

I must have missed the part where Sanders simultaneously became President. I don't expect any Democratic President will be going on Fox to do townhalls 2 years after their election and 2 years before their re-election (because it's pointless). It's not pointless for candidates from either party to maximize their media exposure as a challenger or a non-incumbent.

Additionally, Trump isn't actively campaigning for re-election yet in the traditional sense. If/once he does, he will appear on these networks at minimum during the general election (there isn't going to be a serious primary for him this time, so of course he won't be going on these networks during that period). This election is different from 2016 because there's an incumbent/it's not a completely open race for both parties in both sets of elections.

Um, Obama actually gave a lot of interviews to Fox during his presidency. What Trump does (boycotting major news channels) is actually unprecedented.

And don't give me this crap that Trump isn't actually campaigning yet. The hell he does, like all his predecessors.   
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1114 on: April 05, 2019, 03:46:03 AM »

Um, Obama actually gave a lot of interviews to Fox during his presidency. What Trump does (boycotting major news channels) is actually unprecedented.

And don't give me this crap that Trump isn't actually campaigning yet. The hell he does, like all his predecessors.   

Alright, so now you're arguing that Sanders should be behaving like Trump, when your original claim was that even Trump didn't behave this way?

There's a huge difference between being in active campaign mode and what presidents do on a 24/7 basis. The point is that Trump isn't in a position where he needs to be pitching to a wide audience, because he's the president. A challenger who doesn't hold the office is a completely different story.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1115 on: April 05, 2019, 04:47:57 AM »

Alright, so now you're arguing that Sanders should be behaving like Trump, when your original claim was that even Trump didn't behave this way?

There's a huge difference between being in active campaign mode and what presidents do on a 24/7 basis. The point is that Trump isn't in a position where he needs to be pitching to a wide audience, because he's the president. A challenger who doesn't hold the office is a completely different story.

No, the argument was that if Democrats don't go to Fox then voters will think they are weak. And I say that Trump also refuses to go to some channels and I don't see anyone fretting about him looking weak.

Also, I don't believe that even when he will be in full campaign mode he will relent and go to those channels. It has become personal to him, the guy has repeatedly tweeted that he stopped watching CNN ffs.     
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1116 on: April 05, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »

No, the argument was that if Democrats don't go to Fox then voters will think they are weak. And I say that Trump also refuses to go to some channels and I don't see anyone fretting about him looking weak.

Also, I don't believe that even when he will be in full campaign mode he will relent and go to those channels. It has become personal to him, the guy has repeatedly tweeted that he stopped watching CNN ffs.     

Let me spell it out for you. Double standards exist. Trump (and the Republican Party in general) is not held to the same standard as Democrats. Not by other Republicans, not by the media, etc. We can complain about how unfair it is, or we can focus on winning by proving that we're not afraid of Fox and depriving conservatives of their precious talking points.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1117 on: April 05, 2019, 12:38:32 PM »

I really don’t see the problem here. Like what’s wrong with going on FOX News? Because it’s a GOP propaganda network when MSNBC is a Dem one and CNN does the bidding of both networks?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1118 on: April 05, 2019, 01:22:30 PM »

It's kind of funny that Trump is likely hiding his taxes because he's poorer than people think and Sanders is likely hiding his because he's richer than people think.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1119 on: April 05, 2019, 01:30:28 PM »

Let me spell it out for you. Double standards exist. Trump (and the Republican Party in general) is not held to the same standard as Democrats. Not by other Republicans, not by the media, etc. We can complain about how unfair it is, or we can focus on winning by proving that we're not afraid of Fox and depriving conservatives of their precious talking points.

Yes, they do exist. But not on that matter. I heard the same arguments back in 2007 when DNC was considering letting Fox host a primary debate. The progressive activists and netroots revolted and eventually this never happened. There were back then some centrists and right-wingers arguing that if Democratic candidates couldn't handle Fox then how could they handle Osama and Al Qaeda.
Guess what, nobody cared and this incident never became an issue in the upcoming election.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1120 on: April 05, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »

So apparently Ro Khanna had a condition of no mudslinging when he signed on to the Sanders campaign:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Ro-Khanna-told-Bernie-Sanders-he-wouldn-t-13735849.php
Higgins
« Reply #1121 on: April 05, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »

I can't be the only Democrat who feels Bernie is the best asset the Republicans have. He's basically a literal cartoon of everything Democrats have been accused of being for the past 50-60 years.

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1122 on: April 05, 2019, 08:44:46 PM »

I can't be the only Democrat who feels Bernie is the best asset the Republicans have. He's basically a literal cartoon of everything Democrats have been accused of being for the past 50-60 years.

Republicans have been calling Democrats socialists since like the Great Depression.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1123 on: April 05, 2019, 09:19:48 PM »

The Republican strategy has worked so well because Democrats have run scared and allowed Republicans to dominate the narrative. It won’t work as well against Sanders, who won’t back down and is seen as authentic in his beliefs. If Republicans aren’t at least a bit worried about Sanders, they’re setting themselves up for failure.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1124 on: April 05, 2019, 11:57:48 PM »

I can't be the only Democrat Republican who feels Bernie Reagan is the best asset the Republicans Democrats have. He's basically a literal cartoon of everything Democrats Republicans have been accused of being for the past 50-60 years.

And then 1980 happened.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies