Mason Dixon: DeSantis, Scott, Rubio All Popular, DeSantis Most Popular
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:45:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mason Dixon: DeSantis, Scott, Rubio All Popular, DeSantis Most Popular
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mason Dixon: DeSantis, Scott, Rubio All Popular, DeSantis Most Popular  (Read 1504 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:45:21 PM »

Which surprises me but he is off to quite a good start

http://www.flanewsonline.com/survey-desantis-most-popular-republican/
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 01:14:51 PM »

If this is accurate, Rubio has rebounded impressively since the Parkland kids did a number on him last year.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:45:08 PM »

If this is accurate, Rubio has rebounded impressively since the Parkland kids did a number on him last year.

I'm most impressed with DeSantis. I thought he was gonna be a basic neocon in terms of governing style thereby leading to persistent low-mid 40s approvals, but he's proven to be very flexible and even pragmatic, not to mention a hard worker.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »

I'm most impressed with DeSantis. I thought he was gonna be a basic neocon in terms of governing style thereby leading to persistent low-mid 40s approvals, but he's proven to be very flexible and even pragmatic, not to mention a hard worker.
If he keeps this up and gets reelected in 2022, I can definitely see him as a presidential contender in 2024 or 2028.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2019, 02:16:04 PM by Free Bird »

If he keeps this up and gets reelected in 2022, I can definitely see him as a presidential contender in 2024 or 2028.

He's definitely eyeing the White House. It's just a question of when he makes his move. If Trump loses in 2020 he'll have an easier time himself in 2022 and will be able to basically choose if he wants to challenge the Democrat with a likely spotty chance of success in 2024 or wait for 2028 when the pendulum would be fully back in his favor. Won't hurt that in 2028 he'd be fresh out of a job as people start entering so he'd be able to campaign full-time instead of being hampered down by his job as can often happen to incumbents who run.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »

That was really overblown, and I say that as a Rubio-hater.
The3rdParty
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.67, S: -4.25

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »

Elected officials have high approvals typically when they first get elected but start dropping after the first 4-5 months so considering he just got elected, this approval should be taken with a grain of salt.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:43:07 PM »

F***ing Florida. A Republican stronghold where a win beyond 1% is extremely rare. F*** this state so hard. No wait, don't f*** this state because you'll get some kind of incurable venereal disease.

By the way, just wait until DeSantis adequately addresses a hurricane, then he is as good as Governor for life.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »

F***ing Florida. A Republican stronghold where a win beyond 1% is extremely rare. F*** this state so hard. No wait, don't f*** this state because you'll get some kind of incurable venereal disease.

By the way, just wait until DeSantis adequately addresses a hurricane, then he is as good as Governor for life.

Please stop trashing Florida consistently.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 09:22:06 PM »

I would say it's my schtick, but I really do just kind of hate your state even for non-political reasons, I'm sorry. And I have actually spent a lot of time in it. I have a lot of relatives that live there. And before anyone says "but you live in New Jersey!" I know. We have our problems and live up to some of our stereotypes, but we aren't as important electorally. Our electoral f***-ups don't have many national consequences.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »

I would say it's my schtick, but I really do just kind of hate your state even for non-political reasons, I'm sorry. And I have actually spent a lot of time in it. I have a lot of relatives that live there. And before anyone says "but you live in New Jersey!" I know. We have our problems and live up to some of our stereotypes, but we aren't as important electorally. Our electoral f***-ups don't have many national consequences.

For the record, I wouldn't have said "but you live in New Jersey!"  Sure, I disagree with the state's politics, but I like the state, especially since I was originally from there, still have family there, and visit there about once a year. 

I personally hate the idea of ripping down a state, calling it terrible, calling it disease-ridden, etc. because of some election results.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 10:21:51 PM »

For the record, I wouldn't have said "but you live in New Jersey!"  Sure, I disagree with the state's politics, but I like the state, especially since I was originally from there, still have family there, and visit there about once a year. 

I personally hate the idea of ripping down a state, calling it terrible, calling it disease-ridden, etc. because of some election results.
Florida and New Jersey are both equally terrible, despite their election results. Oklahoma is probably somehow worse than both of them. Happy?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 03:39:28 AM »

Prediction: FL-Gov won't go Dem before 2030. In '22, DeSantis is reelected even if semi-popular because it's likely a Dem midterm, as is '26. Be prepared for more 1% FL elections.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 08:20:48 PM »

I'm just a very frustrated little man when it comes to politics. I'm not saying it's rational. And I know you didn't call New Jersey that but I've seen that reaction from other Floridians here. And I never personally called Florida disease ridden, and I'm a germaphobe. Most things are disease ridden to me in general, even New Jersey. So Florida isn't so special in that regard.

Florida and New Jersey are both equally terrible, despite their election results. Oklahoma is probably somehow worse than both of them. Happy?

I don't expect much, politically, out of Oklahoma, so I was actually fairly pleased with the results of the 2018 midterms as compared to Florida. So in that regard, I'll give your state some credit. In another regard, I never want to experience a tornado, that sounds particularly terrible.

Prediction: FL-Gov won't go Dem before 2030. In '22, DeSantis is reelected even if semi-popular because it's likely a Dem midterm, as is '26. Be prepared for more 1% FL elections.

Great...I guess it's also possible they will straight up never have a Democratic Governor.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »

Wow.

DeSantis may be a 2024 or 2028 contender.

If the GOP and him wants to have a good relationship with black voters, DeSantis will have to change his ways.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 12:03:21 AM »

Wow.

If the GOP and him wants to have a good relationship with black voters, DeSantis will have to change his ways.

That goes without saying for the party in general, but what would you suggest for DeSantis specifically? He's already pardoned the Groveland Four.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 12:19:41 AM »

Wow.

That goes without saying for the party in general, but what would you suggest for DeSantis specifically? He's already pardoned the Groveland Four.
LOL, that was a posthumous pardon.  Saying a pardon like that will develop good will between DeSantis and black voters is equivalent to saying that Lutherans will rejoin the Catholic Church because Pope Francis posthumously reversed Martin Luther's excommunication.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 09:27:33 PM »

Wow.

Even if he does. He is getting the typical GOP ceiling of 9% at most. I really hope he doesn't end up being President. Florida will have screwed the rest of the country, once again, as usual, if President DeSantis becomes a reality. *Vomits in mouth and then offers it to a Floridian since my vomit is still less toxic than Red Tide water.*
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies