Democrats Reject GOP Measure to Pay Federal Workers, but Not Open the Government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 07:27:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Reject GOP Measure to Pay Federal Workers, but Not Open the Government
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats Reject GOP Measure to Pay Federal Workers, but Not Open the Government  (Read 768 times)
Hollywood
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/425858-house-rejects-gop-measure-to-pay-workers-but-not-open-government

The Democrats do not care about Federal Workers.  They are lying to the Federal Workers when they claim to care about them and they are lying to the American people.  Everything they've argued for the last 30+ days has been total BS.  One of the reasons for them wanting to cancel the State of the Union was their false worry about unpaid federal workers. They do not care about Federal Workers.  When given the chance to pay Federal Workers, they spit in their faces.  They need to be voted out of office.
Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »

All but ten Democrats voted against paying Federal Workers.  They are complicit in the shutdown, and totally responsible for not paying Federal Workers. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/10-dems-break-with-leaders-support-gop-bill-to-pay-workers-during-the-shutdown

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll043.xml

Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »

I suggest that you google "motion to recommit with instructions" to find out what that means.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »

Rewarding bad behavior only makes it inevitable that the frequency of bad behavior increases. We could be stopping a heavier loss by taking the short-term loss.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:26:23 PM »

Negotiators Refuse Terrorists' Demand For Pizzas To Feed Hostages
Hollywood
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »

Negotiators Refuse Terrorists' Demand For Pizzas To Feed Hostages

I'd just give them Pizzas.  If hostages starve, then I'm the sick F### that refused to give them food.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 06:47:13 PM »

That's merely political cover and it's not a substitute for just re-opening the government.
Hollywood
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 06:53:30 PM »

That's merely political cover and it's not a substitute for just re-opening the government.

If you cared about Federal workers feeding their families, you'd pay them.  If you were merely using them as a political stunt, you'd continue to starve them.  Cut the BS.  I never liked Republicans, but Trump has demonstrated the immorality of Democrat party. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »

I suggest that you google "motion to recommit with instructions" to find out what that means.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »

I never liked Republicans, but Trump has demonstrated the immorality of Democrat party. 

Uhhh....
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 07:15:05 PM »

If you cared about Federal workers feeding their families, you'd pay them.  If you were merely using them as a political stunt, you'd continue to starve them.  Cut the BS.  I never liked Republicans, but Trump has demonstrated the immorality of Democrat party. 

If Trump really cared about workers he'd re-open the government. We already knows that he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Again, blackmail should not be entertained. Trump can't have his cake and eat it too.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 08:55:31 PM »

If Trump really cared about workers he'd re-open the government. We already knows that he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Again, blackmail should not be entertained. Trump can't have his cake and eat it too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies