AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:03:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 29
Poll
Question: Will Doug Jones get a higher or lower vote share than Heidi Heitkamp did in 2018?
Higher

Lower

About the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 273

Author Topic: AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville  (Read 56031 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: July 17, 2019, 09:40:02 PM »

How to lose Alabama 101 for dummies, seriously is he even trying anymore?

I'd rather him be a loving father than someone who would pretend to be homophobic for political gain.

I disagree.

You're ridiculous.  You are probably in favor of the Southern Democrats being racist during the Civil Rights Movement, because it gained them votes.

I am in favor of optimizing the chances of winning by doing almost whatever it takes (besides like the violent and illegal stuff).

Wow, expected you to at least push back on that a little bit.  You would seriously be okay with being racist to maximize votes?  

I'll answer that for him: yes, he would. And yes, it's beyond disgusting.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #401 on: July 17, 2019, 10:39:48 PM »

I'd rather him be a loving father than someone who would pretend to be homophobic for political gain.

I disagree.

You're ridiculous.  You are probably in favor of the Southern Democrats being racist during the Civil Rights Movement, because it gained them votes.

I am in favor of optimizing the chances of winning by doing almost whatever it takes (besides like the violent and illegal stuff).

Wow, expected you to at least push back on that a little bit.  You would seriously be okay with being racist to maximize votes? 

Yes https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267565.msg5718571#msg5718571
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #402 on: July 17, 2019, 10:55:21 PM »

I disagree.

You're ridiculous.  You are probably in favor of the Southern Democrats being racist during the Civil Rights Movement, because it gained them votes.

Wow, expected you to at least push back on that a little bit.  You would seriously be okay with being racist to maximize votes? 

Yes https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267565.msg5718571#msg5718571

Congrats Bagel, you played yourself! But hey, at least you concede that being racist is indeed disgusting.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #403 on: July 17, 2019, 11:00:03 PM »

I disagree.

You're ridiculous.  You are probably in favor of the Southern Democrats being racist during the Civil Rights Movement, because it gained them votes.

Wow, expected you to at least push back on that a little bit.  You would seriously be okay with being racist to maximize votes?  

Congrats Bagel, you played yourself! But hey, at least you concede that being racist is indeed disgusting.

I do not like racism and I am not one, but I am of the Pelosi mentality of just trying to win baby win, so if it’s what it takes, then it is what it takes.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: July 17, 2019, 11:12:35 PM »

I disagree.

I do not like racism and I am not one, but I am of the Pelosi mentality of just trying to win baby win, so if it’s what it takes, then it is what it takes.

It's not a Pelosi mentality to be okay with racism in order to win. It's a Trump mentality.

Not to mention, at a certain point, there's no difference between being racist & pretending to be.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »

Why do all the ratings sites keep this listed as a tossup? Seems absurdly conservative to me.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2019, 12:50:13 PM »

Why do all the ratings sites keep this listed as a tossup? Seems absurdly conservative to me.

Maybe because Jones is an incumbent and Roy Moore might still be nominated. But yeah, it should be likely Republican. Most rating sites also have Colorado as tossup, which is lean Democratic at least.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #407 on: July 19, 2019, 01:44:48 PM »

I disagree.

You're the worst.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #408 on: August 24, 2019, 05:46:24 AM »

Looks like John Rogers won't primary Jones after all.

https://yellowhammernews.com/state-rep-john-rogers-not-running-for-u-s-senate-says-jones-showing-conservatism-but-not-racist/
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #409 on: August 24, 2019, 09:38:31 AM »

Thank God screw that guy
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #410 on: September 09, 2019, 09:31:01 AM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: September 09, 2019, 09:49:51 AM »

Godspeed, Doug Jones! I'd love nothing more than for the good people of Alabama to let you continue serving, but I suspect the partisan divide is too great for that to happen.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2019, 10:01:40 AM »

Godspeed, Doug Jones! I'd love nothing more than for the good people of Alabama to let you continue serving, but I suspect the partisan divide is too great for that to happen.

Yup, I'd be surprised if he isn't voted out. Hopefully any Dem prez in 2021 appoints him AG.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #413 on: September 09, 2019, 01:58:51 PM »

Oh Doug, you're too good of a guy for this state. He should run in a different state. Hopefully President Joe Biden gets him appointment if/when he gets ousted. Attorney General would be fine indeed, though I prefer Andrew Cuomo for that post.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #414 on: September 09, 2019, 02:01:03 PM »

As I have said before, Doug Jones sadly won't win, unless Moore is nominated, but the thought of a possible Senator Moore is a terrifying prospect. Hopefully, Jones is appointed as Attorney General in the next Democratic administration
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2019, 02:24:36 PM »

I disagree.

Being a coward doesn't win you any votes: voters don't respect it and see right through it. Jones will still lose, but not because of this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2019, 02:36:37 PM »

I disagree.

Whats your opinion on George Wallace and William Fulbright
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #417 on: September 09, 2019, 05:20:47 PM »

Oh Doug, you're too good of a guy for this state. He should run in a different state. Hopefully President Joe Biden gets him appointment if/when he gets ousted. Attorney General would be fine indeed, though I prefer Andrew Cuomo for that post.

Attorney General Andrew Cuomo could haul off fellow New Yorker Trump to jail the day Uncle Joe is sworn in.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #418 on: September 10, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »

I disagree.

Whats your opinion on George Wallace and William Fulbright

hp for being what I think were legit racists as well as hurting the dem party
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #419 on: October 08, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »

Doug Jones raised over $2 Million in Q3.

https://www.alreporter.com/2019/10/08/doug-jones-raises-more-than-2-million-in-third-quarter/
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2019, 03:24:12 PM »

For a state like Alabama, that's pretty good.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #421 on: October 08, 2019, 03:38:25 PM »

Money doesn't buy you love, ask Claire McCaskill
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #422 on: October 08, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »

Or better yet, Heidi Heitkamp. She raised something like five times more than Kevin Cramer, but still lost to him by 11%.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #423 on: October 22, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »

Apparently Jones still doesn’t understand that he is representing AL, not MA and that Trump has a < 60% approval rate in his home state.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2019, 11:23:16 AM »

Apparently Jones still doesn’t understand that he is representing AL, not MA and that Trump has a < 60% approval rate in his home state.

Tbh he's f@cked anyways by now, so I've given up on him, let him do as he pleases.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies