Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:19:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137536 times)
Roblox

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: February 11, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »

We need to unite the country-unless you inconvenience us then screw off.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1576 on: February 11, 2020, 05:44:58 PM »

Broken link
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1577 on: February 11, 2020, 08:18:22 PM »

As somebody who wants to beat Sanders with a moderate candidate, the fact that Klobuchar is doing is well and denying Pete the ability to unify the center-left is annoying me. Pete's in a way better position to win the nomination than Klobuchar is; this will only help Sanders beat a divided field.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #1578 on: February 11, 2020, 08:42:20 PM »

funny how buttigieg probably would win NH without klobuchar. this primary feels similar to the GOP's in 2016
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1579 on: February 11, 2020, 08:55:11 PM »

He's gay so he can't really win over the AA voter block. This would allow Trump a freepass in Southern states like Georgia and North Carolina.

How many black people do you personally know

I know a fair number and Mayor Pete's sexuality would certainly depress the AA vote.  These are the kind of people that started going to Chick-fil-a.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1580 on: February 11, 2020, 11:01:24 PM »

Me if I was a NH dem voter so regretting voting for Biden instead of Buttigieg rn, which is what I would have done.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1581 on: February 11, 2020, 11:07:39 PM »

Pete's in a way better position to win the nomination than Klobuchar is; this will only help Sanders beat a divided field.

Citation desperately needed.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1582 on: February 11, 2020, 11:12:44 PM »

His campaign is going to go downhill from here. Nevada and South Carolina will be much harsher turf than Iowa and New Hampshire (two states whose Democratic electorate are far more favorable to him and the best he could achieve was a tie).
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1583 on: February 11, 2020, 11:13:29 PM »

His campaign is going to go downhill from here. Nevada and South Carolina will be much harsher turf than Iowa and New Hampshire (two states whose Democratic electorate are far more favorable to him and the best he could achieve was a tie).
There was not a tie. Pete lost both states
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1584 on: February 11, 2020, 11:14:41 PM »

Pete won Iowa
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1585 on: February 11, 2020, 11:15:09 PM »

I meant in terms of the margin of victory. I'm well aware of Iowa's convoluted results.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1586 on: February 11, 2020, 11:16:41 PM »

South Carolina will also be much harsher turf for Sanders. It’s safe to say that the race is wide open.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1587 on: February 11, 2020, 11:26:33 PM »

If Joe was doing as well as Pete was right now (1st* in IA, 2nd in NH), then he'd still be the solid front runner. Unfortunately for Pete, his path looks bleak from here. He would need to move his numbers significantly with black and latino voters in order to stand a chance. As for now, it looks like Sanders will narrowly win the nomination due to a divided opposition (Pete w/college and northern whites, Joe w/nonwhites and southern whites).
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1588 on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:16 AM »

In two states demographically favourable to him and where he has by far invested the most resources, Buttigieg failed to win. There is no path forward for him
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1589 on: February 12, 2020, 11:34:35 AM »

In two states demographically favourable to him and where he has by far invested the most resources, Buttigieg failed to win. There is no path forward for him
He won Iowa
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1590 on: February 12, 2020, 04:59:58 PM »

He won Iowa

I'm not anti Pete or Pro Bernie , but the fact is Bernie won Iowa by several thousand votes, regardless of how the bizarre ass caucus rules ultimately distributed their delegate count.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1591 on: February 12, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »

He won Iowa

I'm not anti Pete or Pro Bernie , but the fact is Bernie won Iowa by several thousand votes, regardless of how the bizarre ass caucus rules ultimately distributed their delegate count.

You mean the bizarre a** rules that have been used in every prior Iowa Caucus and that no one complained about until after it became clear Bernie had lost? 
Gone to Carolina
SaltGiver
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1592 on: February 12, 2020, 07:17:15 PM »

He won Iowa

You mean the bizarre a** rules that have been used in every prior Iowa Caucus and that no one complained about until after it became clear Bernie had lost?  

Hard for anyone to complain about a PV/SDE split prior to this election given nobody had data for the first / final preference in previous contests...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1593 on: February 12, 2020, 08:37:21 PM »

He won Iowa

Said bizarre ass rules have always been rather sketchy in terms of the separation between popular vote and delegates awarded.

My point Remains the Same, been on the most important measurement of popular support in Iowa, you know, actual votes, Sanders handily won.

I'm anything but a Bernie bro, but that's the only honest way to assess Iowa's results.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #1594 on: February 12, 2020, 10:09:52 PM »

He won Iowa

People literally complained about it every election cycle. There was just never enough momentum to get it changed. I'm not even totally anti-caucus in the Iowa form, I think Iowa should get to determine how they want to do it, but to pretend that there weren't prior objections is revisionist history.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1595 on: February 13, 2020, 04:58:25 AM »

Brokered convention Bloomberg/Pete ticket?
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1596 on: February 13, 2020, 12:25:41 PM »

http://www.mayopete.io/ This is hilarious.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1597 on: February 13, 2020, 12:27:22 PM »

Pete needs to place top two in Nevada. If he's behind Biden (or Steyer) then he's practically done for.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1598 on: February 13, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

This is the dreamiest of all possible timelines.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1599 on: February 13, 2020, 12:40:28 PM »

Yeah, if you want 2016 again.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies