Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:32:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137416 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: June 13, 2019, 01:45:51 AM »

Let's move this thread from a toxic wastedump to more substance, shall we:

“The current state of affairs cannot endure. The pressure of history and the mathematics of demography mean that well before 2054, Israelis and Palestinians will have come to see either peace or catastrophe,” said Buttigieg.

“A two-state solution that achieves legitimate Palestinian aspirations and meets Israel’s security needs remains the only viable way forward and it will be our policy to support such a solution actively. And if Prime Minister Netanyahu makes good on his promise to annex West Bank settlements, he should know that a President Buttigieg would take steps to ensure that American taxpayers won’t help foot the bill,” he said.

I'll just say this- the quote shows he's done much more research on the issue than Sanders did.
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2019, 04:56:44 PM »

“The current state of affairs cannot endure. The pressure of history and the mathematics of demography mean that well before 2054, Israelis and Palestinians will have come to see either peace or catastrophe,” said Buttigieg.

“A two-state solution that achieves legitimate Palestinian aspirations and meets Israel’s security needs remains the only viable way forward and it will be our policy to support such a solution actively. And if Prime Minister Netanyahu makes good on his promise to annex West Bank settlements, he should know that a President Buttigieg would take steps to ensure that American taxpayers won’t help foot the bill,” he said.

I'll just say this- the quote shows he's done much more research on the issue than Sanders did.
Whats wrong with Bernies stance on Israel?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #552 on: June 13, 2019, 11:01:00 PM »

Good man
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »

Did you know that Pete Buttigieg means „Father of Chickens“ in Arabic ?

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2019, 09:18:48 AM »

Buttigieg campaign says it raised $7 million in April alone:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/17/pete-buttigieg-raised-7-million-1365911

Pete Buttigieg’s campaign jolted its top donors with big news on a conference call last month: The upstart mayor had raised $7 million in the month of April alone, as much as Buttigieg had in his entire eye-catching first quarter in the presidential race.

The huge April haul, which was previously unreported, highlights Buttigieg’s explosive rise in the Democratic presidential race — and Buttigieg hopes to do it again next month by announcing a top-tier second quarter haul that at least doubles his last campaign finance report, putting the 37-year-old among the biggest fundraisers seeking the presidency in 2020 and cementing his leap from long shot status at the beginning this year.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2019, 05:55:51 PM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/17/pete-buttigieg-raised-7-million-1365911

Pete Buttigieg’s campaign jolted its top donors with big news on a conference call last month: The upstart mayor had raised $7 million in the month of April alone, as much as Buttigieg had in his entire eye-catching first quarter in the presidential race.

The huge April haul, which was previously unreported, highlights Buttigieg’s explosive rise in the Democratic presidential race — and Buttigieg hopes to do it again next month by announcing a top-tier second quarter haul that at least doubles his last campaign finance report, putting the 37-year-old among the biggest fundraisers seeking the presidency in 2020 and cementing his leap from long shot status at the beginning this year.

Smiley
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #556 on: June 17, 2019, 07:18:01 PM »

Thats 7 million gone to waste right there.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #557 on: June 18, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »

Your contributions to this thread so far include:

-Homophobia
-Misrepresenting the truth
-Generic comment about his fundraising being a waste

You're off to a great start here, homie. Fast track to being banned. Kudos.
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #558 on: June 18, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »

-Homophobia

Lol calling me, a bi-sexual man, homophobic for saying a silly nickname, which involves drinking beer in your behind. Seriously? He is pro-gentrification which is forcing low income families out, he fired a black police chief for recording racism in the police department and complaining about it. How is that misrepresenting the truth?
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #559 on: June 18, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »

-Homophobia

Also the officers werent punished at all and the chief sued and even won the case.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2019, 05:34:55 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2019, 06:47:00 PM by Lincoln Republican »

As a matter of interest

Schuyler Colfax was the 17th Vice President of the United States 1869-1873

His son, Schuyler Colfax III, was Mayor of Southbend, Indiana 1898-1901

The same office that Pete Buttigieg (Mayor Pete) holds

So there is a connection between the Vice Presidency and Mayor Pete
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #561 on: June 21, 2019, 10:00:24 AM »

henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #562 on: June 21, 2019, 05:38:13 PM »

The whole police shooting thing is why I'm not really sold on Pete yet. This is probably the biggest leadership test he'll face and it really pales in comparison to the decisions Senators or Governors have to make on a daily basis. His job as Mayor and its scope are just so insignificant, I have a hard time voting for him over other qualified candidates.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #563 on: June 21, 2019, 06:07:03 PM »

The whole police shooting thing is why I'm not really sold on Pete yet. This is probably the biggest leadership test he'll face and it really pales in comparison to the decisions Senators or Governors have to make on a daily basis. His job as Mayor and its scope are just so insignificant, I have a hard time voting for him over other qualified candidates.

And yet he has gone back to South Bend to meet with community leaders and listen to their perspective and has shown a real willingness to mediate healing in that community. Senators don't do that. Governors don't do that. Ask Jay Nixon. Ask Rick Scott.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2019, 06:08:47 PM »

And yet he has gone back to South Bend to meet with community leaders and listen to their perspective and has shown a real willingness to mediate healing in that community. Senators don't do that. Governors don't do that. Ask Jay Nixon. Ask Rick Scott.

That’s all well and good, but their original point still stands regardless of how successfully he handles the situation.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2019, 06:12:17 PM »

That’s all well and good, but their original point still stands regardless of how successfully he handles the situation.

I don't see how a mayor dealing with race relations hands-on in their communities "pales in comparison" to what Senators do. Maybe Governors. We've already established that Pete would have a tough time ascending to a higher office in Indiana, so why should he be thrown to the side for being politically stonewalled (pun somewhat intended) in his home state?

Besides, I think he has a basic level of competence of the job. We've already seen the most incompetent human being to ever serve has President manage to survive thus far due to the (bare minimum) level of competence of the people around him. Are we suggesting that Pete wouldn't surround himself with people capable of filling in the experience gaps if he were elected President?
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »

I don't see how a mayor dealing with race relations hands-on in their communities "pales in comparison" to what Senators do. Maybe Governors. We've already established that Pete would have a tough time ascending to a higher office in Indiana, so why should he be thrown to the side for being politically stonewalled (pun somewhat intended) in his home state?

Besides, I think he has a basic level of competence of the job. We've already seen the most incompetent human being to ever serve has President manage to survive thus far due to the (bare minimum) level of competence of the people around him. Are we suggesting that Pete wouldn't surround himself with people capable of filling in the experience gaps if he were elected President?

Senators vote to declare wars that have extreme geopolitical ramifications and lead to the loss of American lives, to alter healthcare policies that affect millions upon millions of citizens and their ability to receive life-saving care, and to confirm judges that will affect the nationally-enforced interpretation of our Constitution for decades. The Mayor of South Bend will never have that reach and influence, period.

It’s unfortunate that, as you say, he’s likely going to have little luck trying to ascend to a higher office in Indiana, but that doesn’t mean we are obligated to give someone with inadequate experience a chance at the presidency just because political realities inhibit them from gathering more experience. It sucks, but that’s how it is. Do I think that Buttigieg would largely surround himself with competent, respectable advisors? I do, and I respect his intelligence and demeanor. But I would rather have someone who has been in higher pressure governance situations, rather than the mayor of a relatively small town. I would prefer there be as little of a need to “fill gaps,” as you called it, as possible.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2019, 06:57:59 PM »

But Mayor Pete does have a fascinating plan for how to appoint Supreme Court Justices, and he got this idea from Yale Law Journal.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #568 on: June 21, 2019, 08:05:02 PM »

Yea.. Pete isn't ready.

Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2019, 03:52:16 PM »

Yea.. Pete isn't ready.

LOL, this is just pathetic.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #570 on: June 22, 2019, 04:08:08 PM »

LOL at how this sh**tty random mayor was hyped up so hard by the media.
James Monroe

« Reply #571 on: June 22, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »

Mayor Pete is soooo done with the black American vote. He'll be likely to be performing better than Assad Gabbard by the end.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #572 on: June 22, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »

Mayor Pete is soooo done with the black American vote. He'll be likely to be performing better than Assad Gabbard by the end.

Even without his tone-deafness, a gay white Mayor from Indiana was never going to do especially well with black voters, particularly older black voters.
James Monroe

« Reply #573 on: June 22, 2019, 04:56:48 PM »

Even without his tone-deafness, a gay white Mayor from Indiana was never going to do especially well with black voters, particularly older black voters.

Pete could at least tried better with communicating a group that any Democrat needs to win over if you want to be the nominee. With a wide open for younger black voters who would appreciate his toughness he flubs on the crucial issues that remain important to them like policy brutality. Now all Pete has in his coalition are wealthy center-left people.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #574 on: June 22, 2019, 07:06:44 PM »

Damn pete
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to: