Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:45:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137610 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2019, 01:27:03 AM »

I could easily see Buttigieg being the runner up to Sanders or Biden in the primary and then winning the nomination and defeating Pence in 2024 after Sanders or Biden lost the general to Trump.  This could be the most likely way he becomes president.  

By 2024, progressives will dominate the Democratic Party, this is Pete's only shot.

Err...Buttigieg is a progressive.

Nice try. Progressives don't say that it's too early to talk about policy.

I forgot, when was it that you were given the role of deciding who's a progressive and who's not? Or is that some role Bernie supporters always have, deciding that all these female, black, gay candidates are not progressive?

There was a black lesbian Hispanic immigrant running here, and no one brought up the identity politics because she was the progressive. And in the last governor election, I voted for a progressive woman who had won twice before statewide, but 96% voted for non progressive men.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2019, 01:33:39 AM »

I could easily see Buttigieg being the runner up to Sanders or Biden in the primary and then winning the nomination and defeating Pence in 2024 after Sanders or Biden lost the general to Trump.  This could be the most likely way he becomes president. 

By 2024, progressives will dominate the Democratic Party, this is Pete's only shot.

I forgot, when was it that you were given the role of deciding who's a progressive and who's not? Or is that some role Bernie supporters always have, deciding that all these female, black, gay candidates are not progressive?
There’s a difference between a progressive and a mainstream liberal. From what we’ve seen of his history as mayor, his campaign rollout, some of his stances, and who he took money from until he was called out he is not necessarily progressive. Folks like Harris and O’Rourke are definitely to his left. And one’s demographic make up does not make them a progressive.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2019, 03:18:52 AM »

I could easily see Buttigieg being the runner up to Sanders or Biden in the primary and then winning the nomination and defeating Pence in 2024 after Sanders or Biden lost the general to Trump.  This could be the most likely way he becomes president. 

There’s a difference between a progressive and a mainstream liberal. From what we’ve seen of his history as mayor, his campaign rollout, some of his stances, and who he took money from until he was called out he is not necessarily progressive. Folks like Harris and O’Rourke are definitely to his left. And one’s demographic make up does not make them a progressive.

I... Don't think you can say that? Neither of them took as bold a stance on democratic reform, for example, and on issues like healthcare there's zero evidence that Beto, for example, is to the left (Buttigieg supports single payer). Buttigieg just doesn't try to pander to extremes (like Harris when she endorsed the incredibly terrible idea of ending private insurance and then walked back on it).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2019, 10:18:57 AM »

I could easily see Buttigieg being the runner up to Sanders or Biden in the primary and then winning the nomination and defeating Pence in 2024 after Sanders or Biden lost the general to Trump.  This could be the most likely way he becomes president.  

Being a progressive and being a mainstream (U.S.) liberal are the same thing in every meaningful sense not pertaining to buzzword-based branding.  Also, from what we've seen so far, I'm not really sure how you can argue O'Rourke is to Buttigieg's left.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2019, 10:28:12 AM »

To be fair, it's hard to argue anyone is in Pete's left or right if he doesn't even put out any policy proposals.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2019, 11:29:28 PM »

To be fair, it's hard to argue anyone is in Pete's left or right if he doesn't even put out any policy proposals.

Literally every small google search would prove you wrong.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2019, 05:22:30 PM »

No, it's not, there's already a thread on it, too
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2019, 05:24:01 PM »

It was written by a Trump fanatic, who followed Bernie 2020 accounts (as a clear attempt to divide liberal Democrats), it's completely fake, and I say this as someone who does not like Buttigieg, at all
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2019, 07:00:41 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2019, 07:22:54 PM »

But I thought it was the Democrats who are the ones who make up allegations to ruin the lives of successful men!
Thatkat04
« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2019, 07:33:12 PM »

Jesus Christ...
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2019, 07:35:14 PM »

Of course it was him.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »

Wow, what a new a low.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2019, 07:45:00 PM »

From that article, the "accuser" wasn't in on it and explicitly denies being assaulted.

Kelly declined to provide more details. But two hours later he posted a message to his Facebook timeline headed, “I WAS NOT SEXUALLY ASSAULTED.”

“It's important for everyone to know that I was not sexually assaulted and would never falsely accuse anyone,” he wrote. “To keep it brief for now, I was approached by a political figure to come to DC to discuss political situations from the standpoint of a gay Republican. When I arrived they discussed Peter Buttigieg and started talking about how they would be working a campaign against him.”

“I went to bed and woke up to a fake Twitter @RealHunterKelly and an article that I in no way endorsed or wrote. I have since left and am working on a formal statement to give to everyone including the Buttigieg family.”

Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2019, 07:53:12 PM »

But I thought it was the Democrats who are the ones who make up allegations to ruin the lives of successful men!

What would the Republican Party be without projection? “We would make lies up about our opponents, so of course anything they say about us is a lie, too.”
Thatkat04
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2019, 08:13:36 PM »

On the bright side, the latter part of this scandal seems to be getting a lot more traction than the former did. 
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2019, 10:42:53 PM »

Both Wohl and Berkman should be in jail
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2019, 10:51:21 PM »

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2019, 05:21:15 AM »

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #394 on: April 30, 2019, 04:55:54 PM »

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #395 on: April 30, 2019, 05:34:37 PM »

fk jail, they should both be deported. But the bright side is that this means the right is scared of Pete...enough to risk shooting themselves in the foot over it.
Yang2020
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.09

« Reply #396 on: April 30, 2019, 05:36:22 PM »

fk jail, they should both be deported. But the bright side is that this means the right is scared of Pete...enough to risk shooting themselves in the foot over it.

Pete has no chance in hell of getting the nomination.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #397 on: April 30, 2019, 05:38:52 PM »

Kind of funny coming from a guy with a username "Yang2020" Wink
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2019, 06:12:04 PM »

Yeah it was funny when people were saying that 2 months ago and now he's polling 3rd behind two of the most well known Democrats in the country and ahead of many more.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:23 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies