Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:27:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137595 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: August 13, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »

JESUS LADY.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #701 on: August 13, 2019, 05:46:10 PM »

JESUS LADY.
Holy awkwardness Batman!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #702 on: August 13, 2019, 07:04:10 PM »

JESUS LADY.

I kind of think it's worse for Buttigieg to not remember RFK's fate.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #703 on: August 13, 2019, 09:18:44 PM »

JESUS LADY.

I kind of think it's worse for Buttigieg to not remember RFK's fate.

Yeah he should have pulled his hand away and told her she was cursed.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #704 on: August 17, 2019, 05:28:19 AM »

I think he would be a great vp (I would actually argue the best option) but a terrible top of the ticket

He would be great as VP of Warren, which would boost his chances to run for president a second time and win.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2019, 01:26:27 PM »

I think he would be a great vp (I would actually argue the best option) but a terrible top of the ticket

He would be great as VP of Warren, which would boost his chances to run for president a second time and win.

I find it hard to imagine Warren picking a white VP with the structure of the modern Democratic party.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #706 on: August 17, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »

I find it hard to imagine Warren picking a white VP with the structure of the modern Democratic party.
Maybe, but in that case i can see a Warren - Booker ticket.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #707 on: August 18, 2019, 03:42:50 AM »

I don't think people would attack her for choosing him considering he'd be very historical in another, just as important way.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #708 on: August 18, 2019, 09:52:56 AM »

A fusion ticket with Warren or Buttigieg is coming into the fold, with either one winning IA and NH, instead of Sanders
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #709 on: August 18, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »

It makes no sense to have Pete on a VP ticket he has little no appeal to black voters or other voters in POC coalition. Warren has issues winning over black voters as is right now it wouldn't make any sense to have a VP who struggles to appeal to them aswell.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #710 on: August 18, 2019, 02:10:57 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2019, 02:17:56 PM by Cory Booker »

It makes no sense to have Pete on a VP ticket he has little no appeal to black voters or other voters in POC coalition. Warren has issues winning over black voters as is right now it wouldn't make any sense to have a VP who struggles to appeal to them aswell.

Biden has the Southern Black coalition that stood behind him despite the racist comments. Harris and Booker represent the Northern blacks, who resent what Biden said. Blacks will unite behind whomever the nominee is; to get rid of Trump
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #711 on: August 21, 2019, 04:47:30 PM »

JESUS LADY.

I wasn't expecting something like this from his side. Quite embarassing.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #712 on: August 22, 2019, 04:18:47 PM »

Biden has the Southern Black coalition that stood behind him despite the racist comments. Harris and Booker represent the Northern blacks, who resent what Biden said. Blacks will unite behind whomever the nominee is; to get rid of Trump

Warren/Butigieg would get under 90%
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #713 on: August 22, 2019, 04:42:21 PM »

JESUS LADY.

I wasn't expecting something like this from his side. Quite embarassing.

Biden says that RFK lived another decade.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #714 on: August 23, 2019, 12:20:49 PM »

Pete Buttigieg is the only one I'm concerned about. Alzheimers/Dementia/old-age-in-general will easily ruin Biden's chances against Trump. Being too extreme will ruin Warren and Bernie's chances. And don't get me started on Kamala!

I'm glad he's currently down in the polls but man this guy is a true threat, not to mention I'll have to worry about him for much of the 2020s even if he doesn't get nominated!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #715 on: August 23, 2019, 02:17:09 PM »

Pete Buttigieg is the only one I'm concerned about. Alzheimers/Dementia/old-age-in-general will easily ruin Biden's chances against Trump. Being too extreme will ruin Warren and Bernie's chances. And don't get me started on Kamala!

I'm glad he's currently down in the polls but man this guy is a true threat, not to mention I'll have to worry about him for much of the 2020s even if he doesn't get nominated!

This didn't hurt Obama or Trump or Reagan despite such accusations [which were quite accurate regarding the Republicans].

Try again.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #716 on: August 23, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »

This didn't hurt Obama or Trump or Reagan despite such accusations [which were quite accurate regarding the Republicans].

Try again.

I think that this time it's true, in the same way it was true for McGovern and for Goldwater. In the same way it was true for Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin in 2012, and for Christine Hallquist and David Garcia in 2018.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #717 on: August 26, 2019, 08:02:23 AM »

Maybe this is a good thread to share my dream last night where a guy who was driving me somewhere yelled at me and made me get out of his car for not supporting Buttigieg.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #718 on: August 26, 2019, 08:43:20 PM »

Warren's policies poll very well though and a strong economic message would be much more effective against Trump than a Hillary 2.0 campaign of highlighting Trump's personality which Biden is pushing for.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #719 on: August 27, 2019, 07:33:01 AM »

Warren's policies poll very well though and a strong economic message would be much more effective against Trump than a Hillary 2.0 campaign of highlighting Trump's personality which Biden is pushing for.

I have no idea what this post  about Warren and Biden has to do about Mayor Pete's campaign... but ok...
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #720 on: August 27, 2019, 07:35:19 AM »

I have no idea what this post  about Warren and Biden has to do about Mayor Pete's campaign... but ok...

Probably posted in the wrong thread by mistake. Oh well, free bump for the Pete thread.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #721 on: September 12, 2019, 10:14:23 AM »

Yang passed Mayor Pete in a HarrisX/Hill poll yesterday, 5-4

Good! Yang has far more substance than Mayor Pete.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #722 on: September 12, 2019, 10:18:40 AM »

Pete's time has come and gone, I think. Theoretically he could still have another surge between now and Iowa, but it's looking more like a footrace between Warren, Biden, and Sanders at this point. I don't necessarily think Pete should drop out because if he can place top 5 in IA/NH/NV he may have a legitimate case to stay in a little longer but he should be angling to be Warren's VP at this point.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #723 on: September 12, 2019, 10:59:59 AM »

Pete's time has come and gone, I think. Theoretically he could still have another surge between now and Iowa, but it's looking more like a footrace between Warren, Biden, and Sanders at this point. I don't necessarily think Pete should drop out because if he can place top 5 in IA/NH/NV he may have a legitimate case to stay in a little longer but he should be angling to be Warren's VP at this point.

I'm someone who deeply opposes Pete in ideological terms but want him to stay in the race for as long as possible because it'll be interesting to see how a millennial, mayor, openly gay, very cerebral candidate plays out.

Something in me also is curious to see if a dark horse candidate could win the nomination, and I want to see my skepticism justified when it comes to making early calls as to who is or who isn't viable.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #724 on: September 12, 2019, 01:39:23 PM »

I'm still planning to vote for him at this point.  The stronger a showing he has, the stronger a case he can make for being picked as VP and Biden will probably win the Ohio primary either way.  Buttigieg would make a phenomenal President even if we have to wait a cycle or two.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies