Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:37:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 128536 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: July 04, 2019, 12:40:30 PM »

This is what I don't get. Do people really think that copy, paste editorial Headlines is going to be taken seriously? Or even help Biden?

The problem isn't that Biden advocated for or against a particular issue that is largely irrelevant.

1. The problem is Biden emphasized that he worked with people in and thus he himself started IN THE 1970's when the Democratic Party was still a bunch of Wallace supporters in the South, a bunch of working class Catholics in the North and a substantial chunk of Liberals for good measure. That Democratic Party is gone and Biden has revealed time and again that he is out of touch with the new reality.

2. Biden's cop to state's rights doesn't stand up against the backdrop of that new reality when compared to other Federal Interventions on civil rights. How do you differentiate it in a concise matter, that people will understand and respect? Biden isn't capable of doing it that is for sure.

3. Biden is terrible at debating

4. These headlines actually help Harris, because they keep the story going and they keep the story going about her debate performance.

5. Her debate performance demonstrated a quality that Democrats are hungry for, a fighter who will sock it to Trump in the debates.

The whole thing is one big positive feedback loop that benefits Harris.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1201 on: July 04, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »

Her peformance proved that Dems see Biden as another Trump, who divides the country. In an election that the Kremlin doesnt get involved in, normal trends will return, and WI, PA and MI will comeback home to Dems
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1202 on: July 04, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1203 on: July 04, 2019, 10:23:06 PM »

I am loving this woman.  Smiley

'We have a predator living in the White House': Kamala Harris slams Trump and says she's ready to prosecute him during fiery Iowa campaign speech

Hopefully she doesn't backtrack her words.... 
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1204 on: July 04, 2019, 10:32:08 PM »

She's only backtracked once, and that was like three months ago.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1205 on: July 04, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »

We dont need another Trump in Oval Office, Biden reminds Dems, females and minorities,  that he is one, by saying he wants to compromise with a segregationist
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #1206 on: July 04, 2019, 10:44:27 PM »

We dont need another Trump in Oval Office, Biden reminds Dems, females and minorities,  that he is one, by saying he wants to compromise with a segregationist

Shut up.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1207 on: July 04, 2019, 10:50:49 PM »

Kamala has never backtracked but she has proposed forming a committee to study the possibility of having a national conversation about backtracking.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1208 on: July 05, 2019, 02:43:55 AM »

Shut up.

Harris and Warren have cut into Biden's lead in IA and NH. If Biden doesnt win either state, Clyburn will help Harris win SC. Beto will probably help Harris in TX over Biden and then you got Cali and Newsom
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1209 on: July 05, 2019, 01:15:47 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2019, 01:18:58 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Harris just passed Sanders in the RCP polling aggregate. She's now 1.2% ahead of him and trails Biden by 10.8%. This is the first time in RCP's 2020 primary aggregate that somebody other than Sanders is in second place.

Warren also ticked up and now only trails Sanders by .2%
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1210 on: July 06, 2019, 02:12:37 PM »

Pitt Steel, I find it a tad disturbing how devoted you are towards a politician. It’s creepy kind of

I’m not saying you can’t support someone or like them, but I feel like you are approaching worship status. It’s unhealthy in a free society.

I feel like if she ever became prez, you’d be one of those true believers who would spin every negative development
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1211 on: July 06, 2019, 04:11:42 PM »

Pitt Steel, I find it a tad disturbing how devoted you are towards a politician. It’s creepy kind of

I’m not saying you can’t support someone or like them, but I feel like you are approaching worship status. It’s unhealthy in a free society.

I feel like if she ever became prez, you’d be one of those true believers who would spin every negative development

I’m literally no different than any Pete or Bernie supporter on this forum. I do admit that I have a strong admiration for Harris that can cause me to go a bit overboard. But it’s because I believe in her that I defend her so fiercely.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1212 on: July 06, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »

It was actually a week ago, when she said she'd eliminate private health insurance after saying she wouldn't do that earlier in the campaign. Of course, that statement walked back another earlier one where she again said she would get rid of it, so it was really a backtrack of a backtrack. Two wrongs make a right, I suppose.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1213 on: July 06, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »

It was actually a week ago, when she said she'd eliminate private health insurance after saying she wouldn't do that earlier in the campaign. Of course, that statement walked back another earlier one where she again said she would get rid of it, so it was really a backtrack of a backtrack. Two wrongs make a right, I suppose.

Except the question was oddly worded. They seemed to ask her if she wanted to eliminate HER OWN insurance and she answered accordingly.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1214 on: July 06, 2019, 06:32:21 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: “Busgate” was overblown and nobody cared. Atlas was wrong... again.

But surely all these “woke” young people would be disappointed about her comments on busing?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1215 on: July 06, 2019, 06:48:38 PM »

Except the question was oddly worded. They seemed to ask her if she wanted to eliminate HER OWN insurance and she answered accordingly.

Ah, so it was just a one-time backtrack. Gotcha.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1216 on: July 06, 2019, 08:12:15 PM »

Ah, so it was just a one-time backtrack. Gotcha.

Yeah, that MIGHT have been believable if she hadn't ALREADY BACKTRACKED ON THE SAME ISSUE BEFORE
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1217 on: July 06, 2019, 08:18:03 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: “Busgate” was overblown and nobody cared. Atlas was wrong... again.

But surely all these “woke” young people would be disappointed about her comments on busing?

Yes, Kamala is very likeable and charismatic. I always saw her as presidential - even months ago.

But on issues of substance, I'm not convinced. There has rarely been a time where Kamala has said something of substance where I've been like "Wow, no one else had that insight!" like I do with Elizabeth Warren sometimes.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1218 on: July 06, 2019, 08:51:23 PM »

Kamala’s new proposal on closing the racial home ownership gap is lit. I’m still Lean Warren but if she tightens up her message it would be a legit toss-up. I’m hearing through the grapevine she’s going to announce some major moves in SC next week.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1219 on: July 06, 2019, 09:08:28 PM »

Blacks under 35 don’t go to the Essence Music Festival or even read Essence Magazine.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1220 on: July 06, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »

I'd support a Harris/Warren or Warren/Harris ticket in 2020.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1221 on: July 06, 2019, 10:41:07 PM »

Blacks under 35 don’t go to the Essence Music Festival or even read Essence Magazine.

But I'm sure black people over 35 vote way more than those under
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #1222 on: July 07, 2019, 05:24:25 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2019, 05:36:23 AM by Possiblymaybe »

Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91