Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 03:03:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 128848 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: June 22, 2019, 03:39:53 PM »

Praying that this primary ends up Warren v. Harris.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1026 on: June 22, 2019, 03:51:39 PM »

Not exactly ideal IMO, but (almost) anyone is better than Biden.
James Monroe

« Reply #1027 on: June 22, 2019, 05:15:34 PM »

It will thrilled me to tears if we come down to those two candidates instead of the useless Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders. It literally breaks the media narrative that we need two establishment white males to win the election.
Higgins
« Reply #1028 on: June 22, 2019, 06:20:30 PM »

Harris is literally the only candidate, who if she was the nominee, would actually make me vote for Trump.

You've said that multiple times on this forum and it hasn't made you look any less ridiculous.

She's horrible. I would literally vote for my dear Mayor (DeBlasio) over her, and that's saying something because he's bad.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1029 on: June 22, 2019, 07:44:16 PM »

Harris is literally the only candidate, who if she was the nominee, would actually make me vote for Trump.

You've said that multiple times on this forum and it hasn't made you look any less ridiculous.

She's horrible. I would literally vote for my dear Mayor (DeBlasio) over her, and that's saying something because he's bad.

Oh please, this sorta vitriol ought be reserved for Biden.
Higgins
« Reply #1030 on: June 23, 2019, 06:07:19 AM »

Biden is cringey and a horrid mix of Hillary and John Kerry, but he doesn't want to make me pay for the sins of dead white men. Harris does. I would vote for Biden if he was the nominee. Never Harris.
James Monroe

« Reply #1031 on: June 23, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2019, 01:09:55 AM by James Monroe »

Great command on the constituency of South Carolina voters. If Kamala continues to perform like last night she will be a tough contender to beat for the nomination.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1032 on: June 23, 2019, 01:36:58 PM »

MSNBC says Kamala Harris "won" the SC convention because she had a bunch of black people beating bongos or something as she entered the hall.....pack it up, Sestak, I guess it's already over!
James Monroe

« Reply #1033 on: June 23, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »

MSNBC says Kamala Harris "won" the SC convention because she had a bunch of black people beating bongos or something as she entered the hall.....pack it up, Sestak, I guess it's already over!

Just saw the segment and they're right. Kamala understood the problems facing the black community who are the base of SC primary voters. She didn't engage in fake ideological battles that are divisive to voters, she didn't go out there and praise a segregationist because they were a partner while in office. She just spoke in blunt manner addressing the issues of today and got a warm welcoming from the people at the rally.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1034 on: June 23, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »

Just saw the segment and they're right. Kamala understood the problems facing the black community who are the base of SC primary voters. She didn't engage in fake ideological battles that are divisive to voters, she didn't go out there and praise a segregationist because they were a partner while in office. She just spoke in blunt manner addressing the issues of today and got a warm welcoming from the people at the rally.
She didn't engage in a fake ideological battle because it's far less taxing to engage in a fake identitarian battle.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #1035 on: June 23, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »

Shes starting to impress me but I gotta wait until the debates to see. Kamala is a candidate that can easily be exposed
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1036 on: June 23, 2019, 11:50:18 PM »

Biden is cringey and a horrid mix of Hillary and John Kerry, but he doesn't want to make me pay for the sins of dead white men. Harris does. I would vote for Biden if he was the nominee. Never Harris.

Lol, that cat's out of the bag.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1037 on: June 24, 2019, 12:09:53 AM »

Even if Biden ultimately wins the nomination, I will be satisfied if Kamala Harris performs well enough in the primaries to be considered as a running-mate.  And more importantly as runner-up in 2024 if Biden loses to Trump next year. 
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1038 on: June 24, 2019, 12:22:35 PM »

Lol, that cat's out of the bag.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1039 on: June 24, 2019, 12:43:30 PM »

It will thrilled me to tears if we come down to those two candidates instead of the useless Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders. It literally breaks the media narrative that we need two establishment white males to win the election.

It doesn't break that narrative at all, since winning the Democratic Primary isn't tantamount to winning the general election.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #1040 on: June 24, 2019, 01:20:19 PM »

I strongly dislike Harris(of the candidates I only rate Beto lower), but I do think she has the best chance of a breakout moment at the debates. I fully expect her to go after Biden over his segregationist comments, a soundclip I can see being played again and again by the media. It's pretty much already guaranteed to be one of the top moments of the post debate discussion imo. Booker and DeBlasio are probably cursing their luck that they're in the other one. I think they'll attack Biden as well, and maybe that will get some play, but it will be more impactful if someone does it to his face. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1041 on: June 25, 2019, 06:16:55 PM »

The problem for Bernie and Harris is they have two rivals that stand in their way to the nomination.  This is why Biden wasnt worried about comments, he knows the left is split among Harris and Bernie, the electable ones, and Warren and Booker
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1042 on: June 25, 2019, 06:47:46 PM »

Great command ofundering the constituency of South Carolina voters. If Kamala continues to perform like last night she will be a tough contender to beat for the nomination.

Am I the only one who couldn't follow that word salad between 00:07 and 00:21?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1043 on: June 25, 2019, 09:53:25 PM »

Great command ofundering the constituency of South Carolina voters. If Kamala continues to perform like last night she will be a tough contender to beat for the nomination.

It sounds like gibberish.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1044 on: June 25, 2019, 11:37:07 PM »

You wouldn't be saying that if it was Bernie.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1045 on: June 25, 2019, 11:41:53 PM »

Looks like her campaign is headed in the right direction. I'm starting to see her open up more. She needs a great debate performance.  
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1046 on: June 25, 2019, 11:54:43 PM »

Lol, because this nationalist libertarian is definitely a huge Bernie fan. You know, you resort to whataboutisms whenever anyone breathes a word against Harris. That might work against the Atlas Berniecrats, but it's not going to work on me. How about defending her for once? Here's what she said, verbatim, as best as I could transcribe it:

"I come from a community where we were taught, 'Don't you hear no when they say it. Know where we are, and know, and see the vision, and be deep--" [inaudible-- "find strength?"] "-- in knowing that you can see what maybe others can't see, but you can help them get there.'"

One of us is having a stroke, and I'm pretty sure it's her.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1047 on: June 25, 2019, 11:55:50 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2019, 11:59:37 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Lol, because this nationalist libertarian is definitely a huge Bernie fan. You know, you resort to whataboutisms whenever anyone breathes a word against Harris. That might work against the Atlas Berniecrats, but it's not going to work on me. How about defending her for once? Here's what she said, verbatim, as best as I could transcribe it:

"I come from a community where we were taught, 'Don't you hear no when they say it. Know where we are, and know, and see the vision, and be deep--" [inaudible-- "find strength?"] "-- in knowing that you can see what maybe others can't see, but you can help them get there.'"

I don't know... it's pretty clear. Are you sure you've had your hearing checked recently?

Regardless, you're one opinion, and I'm sure she's going to be A-Ok with you not liking her lol.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1048 on: June 26, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »

I don't know... it's pretty clear. Are you sure you've had your hearing checked recently?

Actually, I haven't. Would you mind explaining it to my poor old wax-filled ears, since you obviously understand it?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1049 on: June 26, 2019, 01:52:11 AM »

Regardless, you're one opinion, and I'm sure she's going to be A-Ok with you not liking her lol.

Keeping this in mind the next time there's Biden/Biden/Buttigieg hysteria
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies