Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:12:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 128341 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: May 31, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »

Good news for Harris, but how many candidates have had MSNBC town halls? I didn't even know about until the night of. If they are going to give one to Harris, they should give one to other candidates also, similar to how CNN did.

MSNBC townhalls have to be way more desirable than a CNN one, for one the ratings are way better and I bet there are way more Dem primary voters tuned in.

The questions Bernie got from the CNN town hall were so absurd, I wonder if MSNBC could top them for ridiculous propaganda.

Stop blaming the media for Bernie's inability to answer softball questions.

Imagine being so much of a hack that you think that Bernie couldn't answer softball questions during the CNN town hall.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #976 on: June 01, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »

Good news for Harris, but how many candidates have had MSNBC town halls? I didn't even know about until the night of. If they are going to give one to Harris, they should give one to other candidates also, similar to how CNN did.

MSNBC townhalls have to be way more desirable than a CNN one, for one the ratings are way better and I bet there are way more Dem primary voters tuned in.

The questions Bernie got from the CNN town hall were so absurd, I wonder if MSNBC could top them for ridiculous propaganda.

Stop blaming the media for Bernie's inability to answer softball questions.

Imagine being so much of a hack that you think that Bernie couldn't answer softball questions during the CNN town hall.

Did you even watch the townhall? It was pretty obvious that he didn't know what to say half the time.
Higgins
« Reply #977 on: June 01, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »

If Harris is the nominee I'm changing my registration to Republican and voting for Trump.
James Monroe

« Reply #978 on: June 01, 2019, 02:22:23 PM »

If Harris is the nominee I'm changing my registration to Republican and voting for Trump.

Thanks for letting people of color know you don't care about their rights by letting Trump coast to a second term.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #979 on: June 01, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #980 on: June 01, 2019, 03:36:22 PM »

Thanks for letting people of color know you don't care about their rights by letting Trump coast to a second term.

Just like the people mentioned in this tweet.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #981 on: June 01, 2019, 03:37:19 PM »

Yah, man - p sure we supposed to be at war this weekend, but I'm co-signing this. I refuse to retain membership in a political party that would nominated someone so extremely bigoted.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #982 on: June 01, 2019, 03:44:32 PM »

Yah, man - p sure we supposed to be at war this weekend, but I'm co-signing this. I refuse to retain membership in a political party that would nominated someone so extremely bigoted.

You're not even a Democrat. You two need to stop gas lighting this thread.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #983 on: June 01, 2019, 03:45:33 PM »

Harris need a strong 3rd place showing in IA and NH behind 1. Biden and 2.) Sanders in order to be competetive and needless to say, so far, she's not.  Biden will be the nominee of our party.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #984 on: June 01, 2019, 03:51:22 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2019, 03:54:54 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I am a Democrat and have voted for every Democrat for five straight elections with the exception of HilLIARy Clinton (Stein) and Tom Wolf reelection (Joe Paterno) and one Republican judge in 2015.

Also, I really appreciate how the word 'gaslighting' has resurged into pop culture based on what I can only imagine was the tweet of a single individual. I had a professor that used it all the time several years back. Now it seems to be the first accusation everyone makes against their enemies this month. Really tedious adoption of language.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #985 on: June 01, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »

I am a Democrat and have voted for every Democrat for five straight elections with the exception of HilLIARy Clinton (Stein) and Tom Wolf reelection (Joe Paterno) and one Republican judge in 2015.

Also, I really appreciate how the word 'gaslighting' has resurged into pop culture based on what I can only imagine was the tweet of a single individual. I had a professor that used it all the time several years back. Now it seems to be the first accusation everyone makes against their enemies this month. Really tedious adoption of language.

You voted against Wolf because of... Joe Paterno? You need to get better at lying.

Are you saying we’re enemies? Are you insane?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #986 on: June 01, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2019, 05:43:37 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

You voted against Wolf because of... Joe Paterno? You need to get better at lying.

Are you saying we’re enemies? Are you insane?

Lying is one of the gravest sins a man can commit*, and I only relearned that lesson as I entered adulthood. A man's word is his entire integrity, and it matters a great deal that I am fully honest at all times in order to be believed. As such, I take such accusations very seriously. As the election was a guaranteed blowout, I took Trump's phrase that "we're going to bring back JoePa" literally. While watching Penn State's traumatic collapse to the Buckeyes last year with two Nittany Lion alums, I made a promise to them that I would vote for the greatest coach they had from a time they could hold a lead over the Buckeyes.

Further, I have text logs with my family from the day of the election that I have shared with more trustworthy members of this forum documenting this vote. (Law is fuzzy on photographing ones ballot and I prefer to strictly follow the law if possible.)

Unfortunately the only pen I brought was a little low on ink (I had not previously known the concept of a write in was literal rather than something you type) so I inked "Joe" and pushed down really hard to get the last name on there. Joe Pa could certainly be made out. I only hope they counted it as such.

*Some lies may be necessary but not over trivial matters when dealing with other adults. A guilty plea to save oneself years of torment from an unjust justice system may be required, for example.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #987 on: June 01, 2019, 08:28:00 PM »

Kamala was nearly attacked during her MoveOn appearance.

https://twitter.com/mrvndn/status/1134989799406706688
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #988 on: June 01, 2019, 10:11:56 PM »

Love how she's completely unfazed!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #989 on: June 01, 2019, 10:26:24 PM »

Moderator: "How do you plan to address gender inequality?"
Kamala Harris: "I think
Random white man: "I WANT TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT"

My subspecies continues to be fantastic.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #990 on: June 02, 2019, 12:56:01 AM »

I rag on white dudes as much as anybody but the whole "entitled white dude takes mic from woman of color" take really reminds me of something...

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #991 on: June 02, 2019, 01:04:07 AM »

I rag on white dudes as much as anybody but the whole "entitled white dude takes mic from woman of color" take really reminds me of something...

Look, mate, Sanders is obviously an extreme Jim Crow-style racist who hates everyone who's not white and wants to murder all black people.

Or something like that.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #992 on: June 02, 2019, 01:05:12 AM »

Look, mate, Sanders is obviously an extreme Jim Crow-style racist who hates everyone who's not white and wants to murder all black people.

Or something like that.

Really dude?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #993 on: June 02, 2019, 03:47:06 AM »

Exactly. This stupid identity politics sh**t is absolutely toxic.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #994 on: June 02, 2019, 09:12:42 AM »

Or something like that.

Really dude?

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. It's just that a casual observer might be forgiven for thinking that he was based on some comments here.
kyc0705

« Reply #995 on: June 02, 2019, 12:05:43 PM »

It's pretty unsettling that security is so lax/nonexistent at some of these events that someone can run onstage and get so close to the candidate that they're literally able to take the mic out of their hands before anyone intervenes.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #996 on: June 02, 2019, 09:38:33 PM »

Exactly. This stupid identity politics sh**t is absolutely toxic.

Truthfully, I lost respect for Sanders when he just let this go and acted as if he was OK with this.

BLM's causes are a mixed bag, but just taking a candidate's microphone is not defensible.  If you're OK with that, you're entitled to your opinion, but please don't tell me how "Democracy Dies In Darkness" when you sanction this sort of intimidation in broad daylight. 
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #997 on: June 02, 2019, 10:15:56 PM »

I like how it's now considered identity politics to say that it was wrong for somebody to run up on stage and snatch the microphone out of a candidate's hand. You don't snatch things out of people's hands or run up on stage, that's just common sense and sanity. It's got nothing to do with identity politics.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #998 on: June 03, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »

Wait, so Kamala Harris is in the middle of talking about the problem of gender inequality when a man grabs her mic from her and literally says he wants to talk about a "much bigger idea" instead, but the real problem here is... identity politics?  Got it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #999 on: June 03, 2019, 02:24:44 PM »

Whoa, relax!  You are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.  The correct reaction to this incident (other than concerns for her safety) was simply bemusement at the perfect irony of a man deciding to pull a Kanye West right at the moment when a woman is trying to discuss her thoughts on gender equality.  That’s all!

If you start talking about "intersectionality" or whatever, you’re waaay overthinking things.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies