Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 04:12:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 128594 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: May 17, 2019, 09:29:02 PM »

I'm glad to see Harris swiping at Biden over the Crime Bill. F-ck him for his gaslighting pretending that it had no impact or affect on the way states handled criminal justice.

Biden's movement on criminal justice issues is that of a bog standard Democrat.

If you want to talk about gaslighting, take a look at Harris yucking it up about hitting the bong while she was personally throwing people into prison for doing the same under California's draconian sentencing guidelines - of which she was a strong supporter for as long as it was politically convenient.
Her pandering doesn't change the fact that Biden's record on "criminal justice" is trash.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #951 on: May 17, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »

I'm glad to see Harris swiping at Biden over the Crime Bill. F-ck him for his gaslighting pretending that it had no impact or affect on the way states handled criminal justice.

Expect him to just ignore her and move on.
Yeah... I mean.... he has to frame his candidacy on beating Donald Trump. The moment he debates the issues he will look terrible. I think someone read him a criticism from Bernie or Warren and he said "Look. We're basically the same on all the issues." LOL Roll Eyes - Guess he will be a gas lighter in chief just like Donald.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #952 on: May 18, 2019, 02:01:14 AM »

Expect him to just ignore her and move on.
Yeah... I mean.... he has to frame his candidacy on beating Donald Trump. The moment he debates the issues he will look terrible. I think someone read him a criticism from Bernie or Warren and he said "Look. We're basically the same on all the issues." LOL Roll Eyes - Guess he will be a gas lighter in chief just like Donald.

If he thinks Sanders and Warren are the same on issues as him, then he must be living in some sort of alternate reality.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #953 on: May 21, 2019, 05:42:44 PM »

When "What are your three favourite songs" is an enormous struggle.........

https://youtu.be/Z9Ye34GEknA

I began today thinking that she may be the third or fourth most likely nominee after Biden and Warren, perhaps Beto. Now I realize that this woman has no chance of being elected President. This is so stiff and embarrassing and beyond fake.
Clarktucky
United States

« Reply #954 on: May 22, 2019, 01:09:08 AM »

Kamala Harris = feminism
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #955 on: May 23, 2019, 04:40:26 PM »

I know two or three people on this forum who won’t be too happy about this 😛

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #956 on: May 23, 2019, 05:40:44 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2019, 10:34:41 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Whatever deceptive math tricks help you sleep at night....those ratios are well within the margin of error. A three or four percentage points in unfavorability has a significant impact on any one person's ratio when discussing a primary electorate.

It's also not how you win a primary. Donald Trump certainly had the worst in that metric for the entirety of the primary season (with perhaps a brief stretch for Ted Cruz).
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #957 on: May 23, 2019, 06:09:24 PM »

More reasons to vote for her!
James Monroe

« Reply #958 on: May 23, 2019, 08:34:07 PM »

Even the left is starting to warm up to her. Good strategy!

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #959 on: May 24, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »

Whatever deceptive math tricks help you sleep at night....those ratios are well within the margin of error. A three or four percentage points in has a significant impact on any one person's ratio when discussing a primary electorate.

It's also not how you win a primary. Donald Trump certainly had the worst in that metric for the entirety of the primary season (with perhaps a brief stretch for Ted Cruz).

Her phenomenal favorable ratings are consistent across all pollsters, but whatever will “help you sleep at night”! Smiley
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #960 on: May 24, 2019, 07:57:52 AM »

Whatever deceptive math tricks help you sleep at night....those ratios are well within the margin of error. A three or four percentage points in has a significant impact on any one person's ratio when discussing a primary electorate.

Her phenomenal favorable ratings are consistent across all pollsters, but whatever will “help you sleep at night”! Smiley

Also, since the Democrats seem to be so obsessive with "electability", she'll need to became more liked among ALL voters (relatively to others) in order to win.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #961 on: May 24, 2019, 08:13:28 AM »

And NO, her favourable rating is not phenomenal, though it is really good. But Biden is doing somewhat better, and there are at least 5 candidates who are doing as well as/a bit worse than she is.

14th May
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-buttigieg-bump-is-fading-but-he-could-surge-again/
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #962 on: May 24, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »

When "What are your three favourite songs" is an enormous struggle.........

https://youtu.be/Z9Ye34GEknA

I began today thinking that she may be the third or fourth most likely nominee after Biden and Warren, perhaps Beto. Now I realize that this woman has no chance of being elected President. This is so stiff and embarrassing and beyond fake.

Haha what? She seems to misunderstand the question and answers her favourite artists. Which is how a lot of people tend to answer that sort of question. I couldn't name my top 3 songs if asked either.

I know you're a troll but I'm noting this for the benefit of people being too lazy to click the link, since people seem hellbent on establishing this narrative about her.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #963 on: May 24, 2019, 05:00:45 PM »

Harris beat expectations, before Biden jumped in. When, he gotten into the race, the attention went back to Sanders and Biden.  Now, Harris is in third place.

James Monroe

« Reply #964 on: May 24, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »

Harris beat expectations, before Biden jumped in. When, he gotten into the race, the attention went back to Sanders and Biden.  Now, Harris is in third place.

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #965 on: May 24, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »

"18 20 people are talking about this."

I dislike active moderation, but it would improve the quality of discussion here if we self-policed ourselves to avoid treating random tweets as news.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #966 on: May 29, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »

Oh, we care. We are just more electrified by her rebate against Barr.

rebate?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #967 on: May 29, 2019, 02:23:28 PM »

A Biden presidency would bold well for the country in the long run.  Environmentalists have blocked Pacific Continental Shelf, oil drilling. Biden and Tim Ryan won't be tied to those interest groups and will allow more oil drilling.  Gas prices are too high and needs to be brought down.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #968 on: May 30, 2019, 03:22:26 PM »

Nice

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-kamala-harris-town-hall-scores-2-2-million-viewers-beats-all-but-one-2019-event/
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #969 on: May 30, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »

Good news for Harris, but how many candidates have had MSNBC town halls? I didn't even know about until the night of. If they are going to give one to Harris, they should give one to other candidates also, similar to how CNN did.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #970 on: May 30, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »

The problem for Harris is IA, its a WWC state and she has the same problem as Hilary did in IA, if she can't break through in IA or NH, Biden will win SC and the nomination.  Harris needs to win SC.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #971 on: May 31, 2019, 12:38:41 AM »

Good news for Harris, but how many candidates have had MSNBC town halls? I didn't even know about until the night of. If they are going to give one to Harris, they should give one to other candidates also, similar to how CNN did.

MSNBC townhalls have to be way more desirable than a CNN one, for one the ratings are way better and I bet there are way more Dem primary voters tuned in.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #972 on: May 31, 2019, 12:48:58 AM »

MSNBC townhalls have to be way more desirable than a CNN one, for one the ratings are way better and I bet there are way more Dem primary voters tuned in.

The questions Bernie got from the CNN town hall were so absurd, I wonder if MSNBC could top them for ridiculous propaganda.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #973 on: May 31, 2019, 02:02:14 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2019, 02:15:53 PM by Interlocutor »

From today's front page of the LA Times:

After dazzling debut, Kamala Harris falls from top of presidential pack

When Kamala Harris launched her presidential bid four months ago, the stars all seemed to align.

She drew a crowd of roughly 20,000 to a lavish Oakland rally. She raised $1.5 million in just 24 hours. She boasted a string of endorsements from California politicians.

But as she returns to the Bay Area this weekend for the annual state Democratic Party convention — along with 13 other candidates eager to fight on her home turf — Harris no longer dazzles quite so much.

Rather, there is a prevalent sense that for all her seeming potential, California’s charismatic U.S. senator has fallen short of expectation.

The disappointment, observers say, stems in part from Harris’ failure to present a compelling case for her candidacy beyond her background as a prosecutor, her buoyant personality and a deep contempt — shared by others in the contest — for President Trump.

“You don’t get elected because you’re a list of qualities,” said Gil Duran, a former Harris advisor who is now the opinion editor of the Sacramento Bee. “What’s the big idea she’s carrying? That’s what she’s trying to figure out. She’s having trouble figuring out what she represents.” [Continued...]

Lest you think this is 100% anti-Kamala:

Of course, fortunes can change quickly, particularly with more than eight months until the first votes are cast.

Polling gives Harris high favorability marks and shows voters are curious to learn more about her. She continues to draw strong turnout in early primary states, and her crisp performance in an MSNBC town hall Tuesday night drew 2.2 million viewers, the second-highest-rated televised candidate forum so far.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #974 on: May 31, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »

The questions Bernie got from the CNN town hall were so absurd, I wonder if MSNBC could top them for ridiculous propaganda.

Stop blaming the media for Bernie's inability to answer softball questions.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies