Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:20:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127784 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2019, 05:50:29 PM »

The statewide races in 2018 showed that the white working class in several states is irrelevant to a Democrat actually winning. It's the larger urban counties and suburban counties that will be decisive and Harris can win those areas.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #376 on: January 27, 2019, 05:51:10 PM »

The right wing hate machine is currently screaming that Kamala Harris slept her way to the top of the political food chain by having sex with San Francisco Mayor, power broker, and CA Assembly Speaker Willie Brown during her time as a prosecutor. The two did date in the early 2000s.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #377 on: January 27, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »

The right wing hate machine is currently screaming that Kamala Harris slept her way to the top of the political food chain by having sex with San Francisco Mayor, power broker, and CA Assembly Speaker Willie Brown during her time as a prosecutor. The two did date in the early 2000s.

It was the 1990s, and he appointed her to a commission with a good salary.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #378 on: January 27, 2019, 05:54:55 PM »

It's not just the right-wingers, it's the Sanders people as well.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #379 on: January 27, 2019, 05:55:18 PM »

Interesting that she is running with that logo. I mean, it gets the message across, but I can't help but to think too much is happening there.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #380 on: January 27, 2019, 05:55:37 PM »

Brown's the one claiming that, not the "right wing hate machine"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-san-francisco-mayor-addresses-past-relationship-with-sen-kamala-harris
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #381 on: January 27, 2019, 05:57:41 PM »

Which is hilarious considering they love how Trump will do any slimy unethical stuff to get power. From lying on his taxes, to the illegal Stormy payments, his scam university, not paying his workers, and Russiagate
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »

People are saying 24K in attendance. Barack Obama's kickoff speech in 2007 had 15K.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: January 27, 2019, 06:01:29 PM »

Brown's the one claiming that, not the "right wing hate machine"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-san-francisco-mayor-addresses-past-relationship-with-sen-kamala-harris

You obviously haven't seen the right-wingers on Twitter and that is definitely a hate machine.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #384 on: January 27, 2019, 06:10:18 PM »

I'm liking Harris a lot more because what could piss off the MAGA crowd more than a black woman president who's in an interracial marriage?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: January 27, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »

I'm liking Harris a lot more because what could piss off the MAGA crowd more than a black woman president who's in an interracial marriage?

Someone that Trump didn't donate to?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2019, 06:18:15 PM »

When the f**k did Trump donate to Harris?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:39 PM »

As I said elsewhere, jfern's posts are becoming increasingly nonsensical.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:49 PM »

The speech has concluded. I swear to God this woman is going to win it all.

If she does, then we're gonna have another four years of Donald Trump.  Fortunately, I doubt she'll be the nominee.  Of course, it wouldn't be the first time Democrats blew a presidential election against Donald Trump by nominating a horrible candidate.   
Harris has some flaws, but to say she is an outright horrible candidate is ridiculous. I'm giving all the candidates a chance, but you can't make all these judgments this early in the race.

She'd get killed in the Midwest and a Democrat who can't win Michigan can't beat Trump.

Minorities make up 8% of the vote in MI, WI, PA. The only state she will trouble with is OH. Dems can win IA.  The Midwest, margin of victory are in DTW, CHICAGI and MLK

She'd lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and get steamrolled in Ohio.  I think Harris would win Pennsylvania though (because most Democrats would likely beat Trump by somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-12% there; PA was one of the epicenters of the wave in 2018 which was basically a high Democratic turnout vs. high Trumpist turnout election).

Obama is the same skin color as Harris and he won, plus she is beating Trump in polls

The reasons she won't play well in the midwest have little to do with her skin color Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2019, 06:26:22 PM »

In this case he's right. Harris accepted $6,000 from Trump when she was investigating Trump University in California, before ultimately deciding not to bring charges. The university shuttered its doors.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »

In this case he's right. Harris accepted $6,000 from Trump when she was investigating Trump University in California, before ultimately deciding not to bring charges.

This story says she donated the $ to charity:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/08/trump-universitys-troubles-might-explain-the-donalds-donation-to-kamala-harris/
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »

In this case he's right. Harris accepted $6,000 from Trump when she was investigating Trump University in California, before ultimately deciding not to bring charges.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/08/trump-universitys-troubles-might-explain-the-donalds-donation-to-kamala-harris/

That would be exculpatory if she'd given the money away right away, but according to a WSJ article from the October 2016 campaign she only did so (possibly years later) because she opposed his stance on immigration. She also kept a $2,000 from Ivanka:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-often-made-donations-to-state-attorneys-general-reviewing-his-business-1475689963
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2019, 06:41:38 PM »

That would be exculpatory if she'd given the money away right away, but according to a WSJ article from the October 2016 campaign she only did so (possibly years later) because she opposed his stance on immigration. She also kept a $2,000 from Ivanka:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-often-made-donations-to-state-attorneys-general-reviewing-his-business-1475689963

She gave Donald's money to charity in July 2015, a month after Trump announced for President.

https://spectator.org/65643_follow-money-donald-and-democrats/
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »

I'd like to note that Harris' campaign chairwoman is the person in charge of crafting a policy agenda (so-called) for Hillary's 2016 campaign.  Talk about failing upward Tongue
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »

I'd like to note that Harris' campaign chairwoman is the person in charge of crafting a policy agenda (so-called) for Hillary's 2016 campaign.  Talk about failing upward Tongue

Well it’s also her sister.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2019, 06:50:47 PM »

Hooray for nepotism Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »

We have that for Castro too, but at least Joaquin is an elected official.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: January 27, 2019, 06:53:51 PM »

Many campaigns do that. It's really about having people you can trust on your campaign.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »

I saw parts her speech. It was a good speech and I hope she continues to address criminal justice in a proper way.

She's my likely choice as of now.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »

Maya Harris helped edit "The New Jim Crow" which has become a major point of reference for the Black Lives Matter movement and criminal justice reform activists. This makes me happy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies